Pagan worship holidays celebrated by so-called Christians

Bass v 2.0

Biblical Warrior For God.
Jun 16, 2008
Pennsylvania
Christmas, Easter, "St. Valentines Day", Halloween, etc are all pagan holidays that have been transformed, re-packaged and commercialized to become so called religious and feel good holidays for children and family.

Are Holidays like Christmas and Easter pagan or Christian?

Transgressors of the Word of the Lord, the Lord has spoken well of you all:

Isaiah 29:13-14

13 Therefore the Lord said: "Inasmuch as this people draw near Me with their mouth and with their lips do honor Me, but have removed their heart far from Me, and their fear toward Me is taught by the precept of men,

14 therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvelous work among this people, even a marvelous work and a wonder; for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid."

Thats not a secret Of course celebrations were added and some were in origin pagan

Christmas, Easter, "St. Valentines Day", Halloween, etc are all pagan holidays that have been transformed, re-packaged and commercialized to become so called religious and feel good holidays for children and family.

I will actually give you credit for this one. The only thing some of these holiday's (Valentines Day, Halloween, etc) have done is create money making machines for retail companies.

The one's that I do not understand are Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Easter. Why do "non belivers" get these days off with pay? It just does not make sense .... but they sure do not turn the "holiday pay" down either, do they?

I will actually give you credit for this one. The only thing some of these holiday's (Valentines Day, Halloween, etc) have done is create money making machines for retail companies.

The one's that I do not understand are Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Easter. Why do "non belivers" get these days off with pay? It just does not make sense .... but they sure do not turn the "holiday pay" down either, do they?

Thanksgiving day is NOT a religious holiday. Nor is Halloween.

The Catholic Church made Christmas and Easter on the days they did BECAUSE they were originally pagan holidays, the idea was to help convert the Pagans and it worked.

As far as I know the only Christian sects that disagree with those days are considered cults by the rest of you anyway. Can we say Jehovah Witness?

That the days were Pagan holidays is not a secret, never has been.

We all know religion is politics. So of course the church would be willing to have celebrations on Pagan holidays the same way my church throws a party on haloween night to discourage kids from going trick or treating and letting them fellowship in a fun enviroment at church. Religious people dont want to be bored.

Thanksgiving day is NOT a religious holiday. Nor is Halloween.

The Catholic Church made Christmas and Easter on the days they did BECAUSE they were originally pagan holidays, the idea was to help convert the Pagans and it worked.

As far as I know the only Christian sects that disagree with those days are considered cults by the rest of you anyway. Can we say Jehovah Witness?

That the days were Pagan holidays is not a secret, never has been.

You answered your own question ..... Thanksgiving Day "off" with pay for Jehovah Witness'es. New Year's Day too. Do you know of any of them that turn down holiday pay for Thanksgiving or the other one's? I don't. And I did not say that Halloween was a religious holiday. Clean your monitor or your glasses.

You answered your own question ..... Thanksgiving Day "off" with pay for Jehovah Witness'es. New Year's Day too. Do you know of any of them that turn down holiday pay for Thanksgiving or the other one's? I don't. And I did not say that Halloween was a religious holiday. Clean your monitor or your glasses.

Why should they? They have a WORK contract. It has zero to do with religion. They do NOT celebrate those days.

Ohh and the Jehovah Witness do not celebrate Christmas because they say Jesus never ask anyone to celebrate his birth. If they did it would probably be in October since that is pretty close to when he was born by the information in the bible.

They do celebrate Easter because it is not the right day for his death and resurrection.

Still campaigning against Catholics, Bass?

Run off and play with yourself.

The Lord has *NOT* commanded anyone to celebrate any such holidays but as the the Word says:

Proverbs 14:12

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Instead the Lord has said:

Deuteronomy 6:17

Ye shall diligently keep the commandments of the LORD your God, and his testimonies, and his statutes, which he hath commanded thee.

Last edited:
So let's all take Proverbs 14:12 out of context. The reason dates were set are for recruitment and consistency if we went with the correct dates it would change every year because they were based off of a different calalnder and would be harder to track so in order to make religious observence easier they declared them federal holidays named them and thus created opportune moments to express faith and to fellowship i highly doubt God will smite us for loving him and each other.

Next thread

The Lord has *NOT* commanded anyone to celebrate any such holidays but as the the Word says:

Proverbs 14:12

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Instead the Lord has said:

Deuteronomy 6:17

Ye shall diligently keep the commandments of the LORD your God, and his testimonies, and his statutes, which he hath commanded thee.
Who the hell cares? Certainly not God.

I'm just getting a kick out of watching the two biggest idiots at USMB duke it out - RGS & Granny.

Why should they? They have a WORK contract. It has zero to do with religion. They do NOT celebrate those days.

Ohh and the Jehovah Witness do not celebrate Christmas because they say Jesus never ask anyone to celebrate his birth. If they did it would probably be in October since that is pretty close to when he was born by the information in the bible.

They do celebrate Easter because it is not the right day for his death and resurrection.

They celebrate "Easter"? Mind showing me a link that shows that?
Here is a link you might find interesting. Shaun's Research on the Jehovah's Witnesses I have NEVER know one that does, and have had several of them work with, and for me. I have never heard that Jehovah Witness'es celebrate Easter. Perhaps you have given them a new holiday? Upon finding that link I provided I found out they do NOT celebrate New Year's Day, as I thought they did.

Last edited:
They celebrate "Easter"? Mind showing me a link that shows that?
Here is a link you might find interesting. Shaun's Research on the Jehovah's Witnesses I have NEVER know one that does, and have had several of them work with, and for me. I have never heard that Jehovah Witness'es celebrate Easter. Perhaps you have given them a new holiday?

DO NOT, I forgot the "not" but the sentence makes no sense with out.

They also only do the bread and wine routine once a year and only the 144,000 partake. Meaning only a very few since most of them are already gone. The rest simply pass the plates and glasses with out partaking.

DO NOT, I forgot the "not" but the sentence makes no sense with out.

They also only do the bread and wine routine once a year and only the 144,000 partake. Meaning only a very few since most of them are already gone. The rest simply pass the plates and glasses with out partaking.

So what does the "bold" text above have to do with this thread?

Pagan worship holidays celebrated by so-called Christians

Who the hell cares? Certainly not God.

I'm just getting a kick out of watching the two biggest idiots at USMB duke it out - RGS & Granny.

The Lord of hosts, the Heavenly Father does cares, it is the sinful, stiffnecked, stubborn man than does not care, but:

Galatians 6:7

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap

The Word is a powerful force that cannot be stopped and it only offends the wicked, not the righteous who love the Lord.

Fyi Ca

most American Holidays Honor Events Or Individual Instrumental In Us History. Two Are More Universally Celebrated: Christmas Day And New Year's Day.

There Are 11 Congressionally-delegated Federal Holidays; See Title V Of The United States Code (5 U.s.c. § 6103). Congressional Holidays Apply Only To Employees Of The Federal Government, Although They Are Often Adopted By Other Institutions. The 1968 Uniform Holidays Bill (public Law 90-363 Was Designed To Insure Federal Employees Had A Three-day Weekend On Washington's Birthday, Memorial Day, Veterans Day And Columbus Day. Otherwise, When A Holiday Falls On A Saturday, It Is Celebrated The Prior Day; When A Holiday Falls On A Sunday, It Is Celebrated The Following Day.

New Year’s Day, January 1.
Birthday Of Martin Luther King, Jr., The Third Monday In January.
Inauguration Day, January 20 In The Year After A Presidential Election; The Next Is In 2009.
Washington’s Birthday, The Third Monday In February.
Memorial Day, The Last Monday In May.
Independence Day, July 4.
Labor Day, The First Monday In September.
Columbus Day, The Second Monday In October.
Veterans Day, November 11.
Thanksgiving Day, The Fourth Thursday In November.
Christmas Day, December 25.
Local And State Governments Establish Their Own Holiday Schedules, As Do Businesses. Most Us Retailers Are Closed On Thanksgiving And Christmas.

History
New Year's Day Is A Holiday In Most Countries.

Martin Luther King Day, Celebrating The Birth Of The Civil Rights Leader, Is The Most Recent Federal Holiday. The Movement For This Recognition Began Shortly After His Death In 1968 And Was Kick-started By A Recording In 1980 From Signer Stevie Wonder. In 1983, Congress Passed The King Day Bill (338-90 In The House; 78-22 In The Senate). The Law Went Into Effect In 1986; In 2000, The Day Was Finally Celebrated In All 50 States.

In 1879, Congress Declared That Washington's Birthday Would Be A Federal Holiday. In 1968, Congress Shifted The Commemoration Date Of 22 February To The Third Monday In February.

Memorial Day, Formerly Known As Decoration Day, Honors The Nation's War Dead And Is The Unofficial Beginning Of Summer (long Before The Summer Solstice). It Was Created To Commemorate Those Who Died During The War Between The States But Has Been Expanded To Include Other Wars. The Official Birth Of The Holiday Took Place In 1886 In Waterloo, Ny. Its Most Iconic Cultural Event Is The Indianapolis 500 Car Race, Which Has Run On Memorial Day Since 1911.

Independence Day Has Been Celebrated On The 4th Of July Since 1777, And It Commemorates The Declaration Of Independence Of 4 July 1776.

Labor Day Marks The Unofficial End Of Summer. It Used To Also Mark The Return To School (k-12) But Most Schools Begin In August Today. It Was Designed To Celebrate The Achievements Of Workers (labor) In 1882. Its Corollary In Other Countries Is Their May 1 Labor Day Celebration.

Columbus Day Recognizes The Man Traditionally Credited With Discovering The Americas. There Are Similar Holidays In Latin American And Carribean Countries. The First Us Columbus Day Celebration Was Held In New York In 1792. Since 1971, Columbus Day Is Commemorated On The Second Monday In October; This Is Also Thanksgiving In Canada. Since 1966, The Muscular Dystrophy Association Has Held An Annual Telethon On This Date.

Veterans Day Honors All Veterans Of The United States Armed Forces And Is Also A State Holiday In All 50 States. In Other Places Around The World, This Celebration Is Known As Armistice Day Or Remembrance Day. This Holiday Is Formally Celebrated Only By Federal And State Governments And Banks.

Thanksgiving Is Celebrated The Fourth Thursday In November. It's History Begins With The First European Settlers: In Virginia In 1619 And Massachusetts In 1621. The First National Proclamation Of Thanksgiving Was Given By The Continental Congress In 1777. Then In 1789, George Washington Created The First Thanksgiving Day Designated By The Us Government. However, It Was Not Until Abraham Lincoln Declared A National Day Of Thanks In 1863 That The Holiday Became An Annual One.

Christmas Celebrates The Birth Of Jesus Christ And Is The Only Congressionally-recognized Religious Holiday.

Actually,
Wednesday = Wodan`s day
Thursday = Thor`s Day
Friday = Freya`s Day or Freier`s Day
Tuesday = Tyr`s Day

Pagan influences are quite deeply rooted, even in our everyday life.
And I dont have a bit of a problem with it.

Thanks for pointing out what I already knew. :doubt: You missed my whole line of questioning about Jehovah Witness'es, I guess.

It really is not a big deal anyway ... because most of the one's that I have worked with or worked for me usually volunteered to work on religious holiday's that they did not observe. Double time for many of them :D What I was questioning were those that did not work on the holidays and did receive pay for it. But as our Senior advisor has reminded us ... it is all in their "work contact's". Like everyone in the United States has a "work contract". Yeah right! lol :lol:

Last edited:
Actually,
Wednesday = Wodan`s day
Thursday = Thor`s Day
Friday = Freya`s Day or Freier`s Day
Tuesday = Tyr`s Day

Pagan influences are quite deeply rooted, even in our everyday life.
And I dont have a bit of a problem with it.

Celebrating pagan holidays and upholding the vain traditions of men as that which is good is an abomination to the Lord.

Isaiah 5:20

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Forum List

Back