No surprise, it's just more of the war on men in today's culture.

Gillette chastises men in a new commercial highlighting the #MeToo movement — and some are furious

• Gillette released a commercial on Monday called "We Believe," asking men to change their behavior in light of the #MeToo movement.
  • The commercial encourages men to be the "best" by holding one another accountable and eliminating excuses for bad behavior.
  • Some have heavily criticized the ad online.

Gillette is calling on men to step it up.

A new ad, called "We Believe" and lasting a minute and a half, encourages men to change their behavior. It directly invokes the #MeToo movement to confront America's culture.

"Gillette believes in the best in men — that by holding each other accountable, eliminating excuses for bad behavior, and supporting a new generation working toward their personal 'best,' we can deliver positive change that will matter for years to come," Gary Coombe, the president of the Gillette parent Procter & Gamble's global grooming business, said in a statement about the ad.

The ad opens with audio of news anchors covering a simulated reporting on a #MeToo-related movement. A narrator then asks: "Is this the best a man can get? Is it?"

Gillette chastises men in a new commercial highlighting the #MeToo movement — and some are furious
Oh my, you poor poor victims.

• Gillette released a commercial on Monday called "We Believe," asking men to change their behavior in light of the #MeToo movement.
  • The commercial encourages men to be the "best" by holding one another accountable and eliminating excuses for bad behavior.

A new ad, called "We Believe" and lasting a minute and a half, encourages men to change their behavior. It directly invokes the #MeToo movement to confront America's culture.

"Gillette believes in the best in men — that by holding each other accountable, eliminating excuses for bad behavior, and supporting a new generation working toward their personal 'best,' we can deliver positive change that will matter for years to come," Gary Coombe, the president of the Gillette parent Procter & Gamble's global grooming business, said in a statement about the ad.

The ad opens with audio of news anchors covering a simulated reporting on a #MeToo-related movement. A narrator then asks: "Is this the best a man can get? Is it?"

Let me guess you’re a white conservative man or woman?

I am also a white man but I didn’t see it the way you did. Could it be because you are a brainwashed republican who goes along with every wedge issue the gop throws out there?

Is it ok for us to be mad at chic-fila?

Are you still mad about tranny’s in the ladies room?

Still denying global warming?

Still denying trump colluded with russia?

Still calling our media fake news while you believe trump lies?

Why is everyone leaving trumps administration?

Your thread is a distraction and bs

5c3cacaabd773048416f1a02-960-720.jpg

A still from the video. Bad bad men.
Grilling.
A toxic male behavior on full display. Women are not allowed to cook here.
You're not stupid. You know what "toxic" male behavior is. Why do you dismiss it as if it didn't exist?

I have always bought Gillette razors, but now I will make an effort to purchase some other brand.
Why?
Pretty simple deduction really.

What if Kotex decided to run a tampon commercial and berated women for falsely accusing men with no evidence as immoral behavior?

Do you think that is their place to admonish women?

I don't know about you, but My respect and admiration for women come from My mother and father. I have no need for a business to tell Me what I should believe or how I should act.

As of right now Gillette's youtube video of the commercial has 37k likes, 254k dislikes.
#greatmomentsinmarketingfailures

Good for Gillette! Why are men furious?
---------------------------------- 'gillete' oughta mind its business of selling razors OldLady !!

Boys should be boys. Boys can only be boys. Boys must be boys.
Everyone should be educated to maximize natural potential for a satisfying life.
Boys can be educated in this way while remaining the biological product of very long development; human male children, aka boys.
They can thus be the best for themselves and the society they inhabit.
Identifying males as somehow special in the capacity for humans to be "toxic" misses entirely the source of the "problem".

We are now waiting for Mercedes Benz to produce a social action ad about driver conduct.

As of right now Gillette's youtube video of the commercial has 37k likes, 254k dislikes.
#greatmomentsinmarketingfailures

Just shows which way the moral compass of the nation points.

Fake news (MSM) is so full of shit they actually have people believing the majority of the country are freak show lefty’s that condone this type of nonsense. Not the case.

Fuck Gillette.

I don't even know who their competitors are, but I've never buying their PC razors again

The guy on the shop floor did not think this up. True men don't listen to crap like you are white and male, be ashamed. I will continue to use Gillette because I like the shave I get and use Noxema shaving cream so I can take it all off. MeToo that!

I have always bought Gillette razors, but now I will make an effort to purchase some other brand.
Why?
Pretty simple deduction really.

What if Kotex decided to run a tampon commercial and berated women for falsely accusing men with no evidence as immoral behavior?

Do you think that is their place to admonish women?

I don't know about you, but My respect and admiration for women come from My mother and father. I have no need for a business to tell Me what I should believe or how I should act.
Perhaps they weren't talking to you. Why would you take it personally that bullies and misogynists were being criticized? If there was a tampon commercial berating women for bullying and using their sex to get ahead, I wouldn't take it personally. Because they're not talking about me. I would applaud it, since those are behaviors that do not do women honor.

Good for Gillette! Why are men furious?
The commercial talks about men showing their sons NOT to cat call, not to be abusive, not to bully......apparently THIS is a bad thing for some to see. It's interesting that asking men to step up to prevent abuse of all kinds is "triggering" the bullies among us.

Forum List

Back