AveryJarhman

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2015
ny
#TheLargerIssue #SingleParenting #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

"P&G Challenges Men to Shave Their ‘Toxic Masculinity’ in Gillette Ad"

P&G Challenges Men to Shave Their ‘Toxic Masculinity’ in Gillette Ad

"Toxic masculinity is terrible shorthand for a real problem plaguing men"

Opinion | Toxic masculinity is terrible shorthand for a real problem plaguing men

Hello. Seriously, can we honestly examine WHO is supporting the concept or condition of 'Toxic Masculinity'.

Are Americans believing in the concept of 'Toxic Masculinity', the same people primarily responsible for creating our Nation's easily PREVENTABLE, though potentially life scarring *CHILD CARE* PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS?

I am referring to a *CHILD CARE* PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS responsible for our Nation's medical professionals indirectly DECLARING WAR on a significant population of mostly American MOTHERS failing to recognize that placing ABOVE ALL ELSE the emotional well being of our Nation's most precious and cherished assets, will most likely result with a fairly or wonderfully happy child maturing into a reasonably responsible teen and adult citizen caring about their own well being, as well as embracing compassion, empathy and respect for their peaceful and less fortunate neighbors.

A few of these medical professionals are Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, MD, FAAP, MPH, pediatrician & CEO of the 'Center For Youth Wellness. Dr. Robert K. Ross, MD, President and CEO of The California Endowment and Dr. Bruce Perry, MD, Ph.D, Senior Fellow of the Child Trauma Academy in Houston, Texas and an Adjunct Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago, Illinois.

Medical Doctors Declare WAR.jpg

It is a fact each of these medical doctors believe a National, as well as Worldwide Movement is required, educating our planet's population of primary child caregivers about our planet's #1 GLOBAL*CHILD CARE* PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS:

A potentially life scarring medical disease and condition known as Childhood Trauma' or 'Adverse Childhood Experiences' (#ACEs).

In my opinion, the more important question is, "Who in western culture is primarily responsible for raising, nurturing and socializing perfectly healthy newborns maturing into teens and adults lacking respect for girls and women."

Ask yourself, why today, are growing numbers of men, as well as women using denigrating terms "B*tch and HOE" when speaking about or describing women?

Let's be honest, the UNHEALTHY condition of SINGLE FEMALE PARENTING is causing great harm to our Nation's most precious and cherished assets.

If you disagree, please do not even attempt arguing with me, take your comments and criticisms directly to the medical professionals and researchers dealing with and treating our Nation's expanding population of depressed, emotionally troubled #FATHERLESS children, teens and ADULTS!

For me, I'm done purchasing Proctor & Gamble products.
____
Introducing Child Abuse Awareness & Education Advocate, pediatrician Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, MD, FAAP, MPH, Founder and CEO of the 'Center for Youth Wellness'.

https://www.makers.com/profiles/591f25476c3f64632d4fb85c/

"My mother was cancer, she would destroy *EVERYBODY"* ~Richard 'The Iceman' Kuklinsky, 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victim and now-deceased convicted serial murderer.

"I would have never been able to do this work if I had come into this world with a mother who stayed, who nurtured me in a healthy way." ~Dr. Stacey Patton, Ph.D., Professor, Author, Child Abuse & Violence Researcher

"T.H.U.G.L.I.F.E.", a Child Abuse, Emotional Neglect, Abandonment & Maltreatment *AWARENESS-PREVENTION* Public Service Announcement:

"The HATE U Give Little Infants Fvvks *EVERYONE"*
~Tupac Shakur, American urban-TRUTH-teller, Gun Violence & 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victim

Peace.
___
American *(Children)* Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; *End Our National Epidemic of Child Abuse and Neglect*

Ad writers. Perhaps P&G will get some decent ones as this all sounds kinda sucky.

The refusal to develop and use our human capacities for thought and reasoning is the source of any human toxicity.

No surprise, it's just more of the war on men in today's culture.

Gillette chastises men in a new commercial highlighting the #MeToo movement — and some are furious

• Gillette released a commercial on Monday called "We Believe," asking men to change their behavior in light of the #MeToo movement.
  • The commercial encourages men to be the "best" by holding one another accountable and eliminating excuses for bad behavior.
  • Some have heavily criticized the ad online.

Gillette is calling on men to step it up.

A new ad, called "We Believe" and lasting a minute and a half, encourages men to change their behavior. It directly invokes the #MeToo movement to confront America's culture.

"Gillette believes in the best in men — that by holding each other accountable, eliminating excuses for bad behavior, and supporting a new generation working toward their personal 'best,' we can deliver positive change that will matter for years to come," Gary Coombe, the president of the Gillette parent Procter & Gamble's global grooming business, said in a statement about the ad.

The ad opens with audio of news anchors covering a simulated reporting on a #MeToo-related movement. A narrator then asks: "Is this the best a man can get? Is it?"

Gillette chastises men in a new commercial highlighting the #MeToo movement — and some are furious

No surprise, it's just more of the war on men in today's culture.

• Gillette released a commercial on Monday called "We Believe," asking men to change their behavior in light of the #MeToo movement.
  • The commercial encourages men to be the "best" by holding one another accountable and eliminating excuses for bad behavior.
  • Some have heavily criticized the ad online.

Gillette is calling on men to step it up.

A new ad, called "We Believe" and lasting a minute and a half, encourages men to change their behavior. It directly invokes the #MeToo movement to confront America's culture.

"Gillette believes in the best in men — that by holding each other accountable, eliminating excuses for bad behavior, and supporting a new generation working toward their personal 'best,' we can deliver positive change that will matter for years to come," Gary Coombe, the president of the Gillette parent Procter & Gamble's global grooming business, said in a statement about the ad.

The ad opens with audio of news anchors covering a simulated reporting on a #MeToo-related movement. A narrator then asks: "Is this the best a man can get? Is it?"

Good for Gillette! Why are men furious?

Razor sales are down so Gillette is selling hashtags instead.

I have always bought Gillette razors, but now I will make an effort to purchase some other brand.

Advice for any company.
Sell the product and STFU with the political crap.

Who in hell actually buys a product based on an ad anyway?

I have always bought Gillette razors, but now I will make an effort to purchase some other brand.
Why?
Because no company in the world would attack women in a similar fashion, saying it is "toxic" to be feminine. Why should men be treated this shabbily.
I couldn't get into the Business Insider site. Did they say it was toxic to be masculine? Did they say anything negative about masculinity at all? From the quotes of the ad in the OP, all the commercial did was bring up an incident of sexual harassment/abuse.

Advice for any company.

Men need to be having this discussion. I'm really impressed with Gillette for stepping up.

Advice for any company.

Men need to be having this discussion. I'm really impressed with Gillette for stepping up.
Men have crude conversations when gathered together. That will never change.
I used to work with a lot of women. They were even more crude in their conversations.
Seems many gals have shed the Victorian age.

Advice for any company.

Men have crude conversations when gathered together. That will never change.
I used to work with a lot of women. They were even more crude in their conversations.
Seems many gals have shed the Victorian age.
What has that got to do with anything here?

Forum List

Back