Ozone Layer Shows Signs Of Recovery

Funny, I see no mention of Al Gore in this narrative. This is from The Skeptics vs. the Ozone Hole Weather Underground and was written by Dr Jeffery Master, PhD of Meteorology, founder of Weather Underground..

And you don't see hansen mentioned in every piece on AGW even though he is the father of the hoax...the fact remains that we couldn't destroy the ozone layer if we tried...the only thing that would destroy the ozone layer would be a lack of O2 at that level and if that happens, the ozone will be the least of our worries. It was just one more hoax.

And the hole over the Antarctic... was that the fabrication of some scientist with a big put option on Dow Chemical?

I see Hansen mentioned frequently in discussions of global warming - particularly discussions of the development of the topic. I find NO mention of Al Gore in such regard and no one has yet posted a single word supporting the contention.

Of course there is a hole over the antarctic...it is predictable. UV breaks down O2 to O O which then joins with O2 to form an unstable molecule called O3. Where on earth might one expect less, and sometimes almost zero incoming UV? The poles during there respective winters perhaps? No incoming UV...no O3.

Further, it is the UV energy used in breaking down O2 to OO which serves as protection from UV...O3 is simply a byproduct of the process that actually dissipates incoming UV.
So I was doing some thinking the other day,not sure why, but it concerned the use of freon. I thought to myself, they asked us to quit using it, yet it was used in a closed loop application and was never airborn. So how did it make it to the atmosphere to affect the ozone. And then at the same time, someone had an alternate refrigerant to take its place. I supposed they made a buck or two right? This for some reason is bothering me all of the sudden.

The why is easy...all you have to do is follow the money. At the time the ozone hole was "discovered" a senator named algore needed to provide some payback to his largest camaign contributor who just happened to have a very expensive and less efficient replacement for freon that no one wanted to buy....in a lab, CFC's destroy O3 so what should we do?...why ban CFC's of course....never mind that in the lab, there was no incoming high energy UV to create more O3 even faster than the CFC's could break it down....and there was really no reason to point that out to the dumbed down masses out there who would be buying the new expensive, less efficient replacement for freon...Blame CFC's for the hole rather than the lack of UV at the poles (where the holes happen to be)....make up some bullshit reason why the holes appear over the poles rather than the places where CFC's were actually being put into the atmosphere...get the liberal media onboard and next thing you know, instead of owing his largest contributor, his largest contributor now owes him.

You have to give the guy, or his staff credit for taking full advantage of a situation that didn't exist to the fullest political advantage.
the point I was making was the freon wasn't in the atmosphere. It was in copper pipe pressurized to cool buildings and cars. It wasn't being blown into the atmosphere. So where was the freon coming from that was supposedly in the atmosphere? And now they want to tell me CO2 is catastrophic? NOPE!!!!!! I'm one person who isn't falling for the chicken little again. Too bad not enough people actually realized the freon wasn't in the atmosphere.

jc actually thinks there's no such thing as a "leak".

Such a lack of everyday common sense is very common among deniers. They have little idea of how real physical systems work in the real world, so they're easy prey for denier con men.

jc, now that you're officially joining SSDD's crazy fringe, are you embracing his Lysenkoist ways as well? That is, do you support gulags for any scientists contradicting party-approved science, such as all the people here who called for jailing Dr. Mann? Don't worry, just like the Lysenkoists, you can claim AGW scientists are criminals and enemies of the state, so you won't have to make your Stalinist leanings too obvious.

Unlike you, hairball, I don't accept or condone scientific misconduct and fraud from anyone...If man's work were legitimate, he would have made is source material and methodology available and dared anyone to find error within it...but that isn't what he did at all...he had millions spent on keeping it hidden...unfortunately for him, after much trial and error, his methodology has been worked out and the fraud is self evident....or if not fraud, blatant stupidity at a level that should make the entire climate science community cringe away from him...the fact that he is still among the fold speaks volumes.

Unlike you, hairball, I don't accept or condone scientific misconduct and fraud from anyone.

Like I said, the Lysenkoists also used the tactic of declaring their opponents were frauds and criminals.

The rational side isn't calling for deniers to be jailed. Sure, you'll probably find someone somewhere who said such a thing, but you really have to dig deep into the "nobody" category.

In contrast, if this board is any indication, most deniers are calling for climate scientists to be jailed.

You're Stalinists, we're not.

Wow...ozone hole recovery during the winter...

Shooting down SSDD's conspiracy is the simple fact that the ozone hole wasn't there in 1957.

Naturally, I await his very creative explanations as to why those ozone measurements don't count.

Of course it was there...it has always been there....fluctuating with the seasons as it has since O2 first appeared in the upper atmosphere.

Unlike you, hairball, I don't accept or condone scientific misconduct and fraud from anyone.

Like I said, the Lysenkoists also used the tactic of declaring their opponents were frauds and criminals.

The rational side isn't calling for deniers to be jailed. Sure, you'll probably find someone somewhere who said such a thing, but you really have to dig deep into the "nobody" category.

In contrast, if this board is any indication, most deniers are calling for climate scientists to be jailed.

You're Stalinists, we're not.

Project much?...you sure do. Your side has a long history of calling for skeptics to be jailed...and some of you nutballs, including some of our very own have called for the execution of skeptics. How many links to such calls would you like?

How could the ozone repair itself when humans cant effect it in the first place? Weird. Did Jesus punch a hole in it?

jc actually thinks there's no such thing as a "leak".

Such a lack of everyday common sense is very common among deniers. They have little idea of how real physical systems work in the real world, so they're easy prey for denier con men.

jc, now that you're officially joining SSDD's crazy fringe, are you embracing his Lysenkoist ways as well? That is, do you support gulags for any scientists contradicting party-approved science, such as all the people here who called for jailing Dr. Mann? Don't worry, just like the Lysenkoists, you can claim AGW scientists are criminals and enemies of the state, so you won't have to make your Stalinist leanings too obvious.
how big was the leak and where was it?

All over the place, you blithering idiot. Freon as a propellant in hairspray, freon vented from refrigeration systems when they were being repaired, freon leaking from automobile air conditioning systems. Freon was considered harmless and non-toxic. Far better than posionous ammonia for refrigeration. We did not know of the ozone layer at the time we began using it. That you have not done even minimal research is evident from the fact that you don't seem to know any of this.

Not having any knowledge at all of a subject, and spewing an erronous opinion all over the boards is certainly the mark of a cretin.

Forum List

Back