Oxycontin theft on the rise!

Why don't you post one of those on Obama's addiction to Crack Coccaine.

Obama was addicted to crack cocaine?

Credible link please...otherwise you are stuck in a hole trying to prove that Rush Limbag is a recovering drug addict worthy of our sympathies.

He wrote all about it in his book, The Audacity of a Dope...Errr... The Aduacity of Dope.... Errr the Audacity of Hope.

Actually, he wrote about it in "Dreams From My Father".

he said he did coccaine if I remember correctly recreationally but said nothing about being addicted and I don't recall him mentioning anything about doing crack on a regular basis if at all.

You don't use it recreationally without getting addicted. The comment was polished by his handlers.

Really? He had handlers as a college student?

Are you currently a medic?

I find it hard to believe that a first responder who is obviously addicted to opiates (among other things) could adequately do their job.

If so, does your current occupation drug test?

BTW, I throw out the term addict b/c oxycontin is a 10-40 mg drug that is supposed to be used every 12 hours. That means, at the max dose, you shouldn't exceed 80 mg a day. Assuming you are on the lowest dose pill possible, you are taking 1600 mg a day, you are taking 20x the safe dose.

That means that you've developed a tolerance to opiates that allows you to take a dosage that would kill a normal person. You've been on this stuff for years, haven't you?

Dude isn't a medic anything. He worked in the shipping dept at Best Buy unloading trucks before he was permanently (and critically!) disabled, and that was a good...what..maybe years ago when he was in his early 20's? Over the last maybe year and a half or so, he's become a rent-a-cop for his local grocery store.. So, you'll get to hear things like "I took a perp down for stealing a toothbrush!"

Dude's flat out full of shit in just about anything he tells you. It's actually laughable once you get to know him.

Not to get political, but I guess I will, but I find it hilarious when anyone on disability spouts off the conservative mantra.

At any rate, anyone that is popping 16 oxycodone pills a day has a serious problem.

That would kill an elephant.

There's no upper limit in opioid-tolerant patients; you titrate to pain.

There are PLENTY of people who used coke and didn't become addicted to it that's just a stupid assumption. Narcotic pain killers are FAR more likely to become addicted to as you will likely have a daily dosage for months or YEARS and opiates are HIGHLY addictive and hard to rehab from.

There are PLENTY of people who used coke and didn't become addicted to it that's just a stupid assumption. Narcotic pain killers are FAR more likely to become addicted to as you will likely have a daily dosage for months or YEARS and opiates are HIGHLY addictive and hard to rehab from.
When I used to do it I never with drawed from it and I didn't have to do it every day. It was something I did when I drank. I know plenty of people who I used to hang out with that do it occasionally. For one it is expensive and if you are not a rock star you can't afford to do all the time.

It used to come in 80 mg pills. Did they stop making them or something?
webMD says they still make a 160 mg dose

Oxycodone Oral : Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD

Christ ...

I have seen people who recieve that much, of course they were dying and on hospice.
My friend gave me half a 60 last year when I broke my nose and orbital because I didn't have my pain killers yet. I fell asleep in the middle of talking to him.
And all I have to say is don't take oxycodones and expect to stay awake during an american history lecture.

I have seen people who recieve that much, of course they were dying and on hospice.
My friend gave me half a 60 last year when I broke my nose and orbital because I didn't have my pain killers yet. I fell asleep in the middle of talking to him.
And all I have to say is don't take oxycodones and expect to stay awake during an american history lecture.
Yikes! You're not supposed to split the tabs...

Christ ...

my friend was addicted to oxy's, he would snort them or even shoot them up.
The pharmasist at my work the other day was telling us spokane has the worst oxycotin problem in the country. Which would explain why were are number one in oxycotin robberies.

Christ ...

Sure you can split them that's why the have a line down the middle.

Christ ...

and there was no way I was taking a whole one. That half took away the pain. I had pretty much used my face to stop my body in a car accident.:razz:

Sure you can split them that's why the have a line down the middle.

You don't split extended release tabs. Oxycontin aren't scored.

http://www.purduepharma.com/images/our_products/productoxycontin.gif

OxyContin TABLETS ARE TO BE SWALLOWED WHOLE AND ARE NOT TO BE BROKEN, CHEWED, OR CRUSHED. TAKING BROKEN, CHEWED, OR CRUSHED OxyContin TABLETS LEADS TO RAPID RELEASE AND ABSORPTION OF A POTENTIALLY FATAL DOSE OF OXYCODONE.

--------

Breaking, chewing or crushing OxyContin Tablets eliminates the controlled delivery mechanism and results in the rapid release and absorption of a potentially fatal dose of oxycodone.

http://www.purduepharma.com/pi/prescription/oxycontin.pdf

Last edited:
Oh my bad I was thinking hydrocodone.

The immediate release oxycodone can be split, but any extended release med needs to be taken whole, otherwise you end up bypassing the extended release mechanism.

As an aside, during one of my contracts while I was traveling, I took care of this guy who kept chewing up his fentanyl patches. That the doc kept ordering them knowing he was doing this was ridiculous. The first night I had him as a patient, I applied the patch, taped it down and wrapped his arm in gauze. When I went back to check on him I found the patch in his bed, all chewed up. I called the doc and told him I would NOT be placing another patch on this person. I was written up for that, but I'll be damned if I was going to be a part of his little game.

Thanks for making me laugh, since you obvioously didn't read the other thread. Also I will be happy to pit my list of accomplishes against yours any day.

Are you currently a medic?

I find it hard to believe that a first responder who is obviously addicted to opiates (among other things) could adequately do their job.

If so, does your current occupation drug test?

BTW, I throw out the term addict b/c oxycontin is a 10-40 mg drug that is supposed to be used every 12 hours. That means, at the max dose, you shouldn't exceed 80 mg a day. Assuming you are on the lowest dose pill possible, you are taking 1600 mg a day, you are taking 20x the safe dose.

That means that you've developed a tolerance to opiates that allows you to take a dosage that would kill a normal person. You've been on this stuff for years, haven't you?

It used to come in 80 mg pills. Did they stop making them or something?

Not sure, I pulled that out of pharmacopia. I might have miss-read the label.

Regardless, NM is taking enough opiates to kill an elephant. I doubt that sickle cell patients even use that much oxycontin in a day.

Not to mention all the other stuff he's taking.

Yeah??

When was the last time you pooped......March?

LOL.

BTW...Valium isn't a pain med, its a tranq.

And honestly, who still get's valium now that benzos are on the market?
Valium works very well for muscle spasms. It's gotten a bad rap over the years, IMO.

Thanks. Didn't know that. I always see cyclobenzaprine used for that and was under the impression that the benzodiazapines had largely replaced the barbituates.

Oh my bad I was thinking hydrocodone.

The immediate release oxycodone can be split, but any extended release med needs to be taken whole, otherwise you end up bypassing the extended release mechanism.

As an aside, during one of my contracts while I was traveling, I took care of this guy who kept chewing up his fentanyl patches. That the doc kept ordering them knowing he was doing this was ridiculous. The first night I had him as a patient, I applied the patch, taped it down and wrapped his arm in gauze. When I went back to check on him I found the patch in his bed, all chewed up. I called the doc and told him I would NOT be placing another patch on this person. I was written up for that, but I'll be damned if I was going to be a part of his little game.
the people who do that are nuts, my friend who was addicted to oxycotin used to do the same thing with the patches. That is like what 2 or 3 days worth of pain meds.

Dude isn't a medic anything. He worked in the shipping dept at Best Buy unloading trucks before he was permanently (and critically!) disabled, and that was a good...what..maybe years ago when he was in his early 20's? Over the last maybe year and a half or so, he's become a rent-a-cop for his local grocery store.. So, you'll get to hear things like "I took a perp down for stealing a toothbrush!"

Dude's flat out full of shit in just about anything he tells you. It's actually laughable once you get to know him.

Not to get political, but I guess I will, but I find it hilarious when anyone on disability spouts off the conservative mantra.

At any rate, anyone that is popping 16 oxycodone pills a day has a serious problem.

That would kill an elephant.

There's no upper limit in opioid-tolerant patients; you titrate to pain.

Yeah, I know the analgesia has no ceilling effect. I was just pointing out that it would take a while to develop a tolerance that let you use 16 doses of opioids in a day.

Or, years of abuse.

The moxy of someone who is addicted to synthetic heroin mocking someone's experimental drug use.

I watched this documentary on addiction once and it talked about how baclofen can stop coccaine cravings in the brain. It was very interesting.

Forum List

Back