Oxford Says Coronavirus Vaccine Could be Ready By September

You guys can take one and I will just roll the dice with my herd immunity.

Likely a lot of people will, I imagine.

Please don't put me in a "you guys" category. I think I've already had this crap, and I'm not in a risk category, so I may well pass on the first iteration as well so as not to end up in the class action for if/when some affliction, such as rapid liquidation of your liver or some crazy crap starts popping up, as they rush this to market without the usual testing, which they obviously will.

Only thing that has me not completely deciding to do so, is that this seems built on an existing platform, so to speak, and I haven't had time to look into it further, but I will.

Well, here's a rare bit of optimistic news.

You first. :)

I tell my technology customers that unless you really want to be a guinea pig, never be the first on your block to try something new.
Personally, I'll wait until they can administer an accurate antibody test and can tell me what the parameters of transmitting the virus are (beyond just contact with droplets).
I need a lot more information before I stick my arm out and let them inject something brand new in me.

I think we should just continue to cower in place and let the country be destroyed. That way the democrats can win.

Well, here's a rare bit of optimistic news.

You first. :)

I tell my technology customers that unless you really want to be a guinea pig, never be the first on your block to try something new.
Personally, I'll wait until they can administer an accurate antibody test and can tell me what the parameters of transmitting the virus are (beyond just contact with droplets).
I need a lot more information before I stick my arm out and let them inject something brand new in me.

Agreed. See post #3.

nope.jpg

They can inject me but only after there is proof the vaccine is effective and without ill side effects.

They can inject me but only after there is proof the vaccine is effective and without ill side effects.

I don't think anyone could make that guarantee about any vaccine. There is always a chance of side effects. That's why months and years of research go into making these vaccines. The risk/reward is then measured by the results of the data.
That risk goes up exponentially if you taking something that's only been in development for less than six months.

I don't think anyone could make that guarantee about any vaccine. There is always a chance of side effects. That's why months and years of research go into making these vaccines. The risk/reward is then measured by the results of the data.
That risk goes up exponentially if you taking something that's only been in development for less than six months.
Like your brain?

Forum List

Back