OWS shuts down Port of Oakland

Occupy wall street has set up a safe zone tent for women to sleep in. There have been too many assaults and rapes.

I did a search and found that a number of women have set up a women-only tent at the park in NY. This is the closest I could find to the movement "having to" set up a safe zone, and it does not really meet the description.

Even if what the women are saying here is true, it amounts to the participants being victimized by outsiders and is not a comment on the movement itself, except insofar as action is being taken appropriate to the circumstances.

I did a search and found that a number of women have set up a women-only tent at the park in NY. This is the closest I could find to the movement "having to" set up a safe zone, and it does not really meet the description.

Even if what the women are saying here is true, it amounts to the participants being victimized by outsiders and is not a comment on the movement itself, except insofar as action is being taken appropriate to the circumstances.

Until the people in the "moment" let a perpetrator go...

and how do you know its an outsider?

Unless the rapists are the CEOs of corporations, they are part of the 99%. Correct? Part of that great mass of those who are part of the bowel movement.

Unless the rapists are the CEOs of corporations, they are part of the 99%. Correct? Part of that great mass of those who are part of the bowel movement.

Okay, so what you're saying is that because a fringe minority of the whole of America do a bad thing, the whole of America is bad, except the richest?

How many Tea Party events had to create Rape Free Zones to protect women?

How many Tea Party events lasted longer than part of a day? Please get back to me when the Teabaggers live on the streets to spread their message... and where any type of dreg of society is easily able to infiltrate the group.

Okay, so what you're saying is that because a fringe minority of the whole of America do a bad thing, the whole of America is bad, except the richest?

Do you include yourself in the 99%? If you claim to support the OWS, it would appear you are willing to tolerate/accept this behavior.

How many Tea Party events lasted longer than part of a day? Please get back to me when the Teabaggers live on the streets to spread their message... and where any type of dreg of society is easily able to infiltrate the group.

Guess the Taxed Enough Already Party were not allowed to have extended permits for gathering (peacefully), or have the law and gov't support "their right to free speech". They were severly limited in time and place to protest. Just another part of the movement to make us "UNEQUAL" under the law. (Of course, it may have been that the TEA party members actually have lives and needed to go back to work to support themselves. I don't think there were any reports of TEA party members going into businesses, and demanding "free food".)

Guess the Taxed Enough Already Party were not allowed to have extended permits for gathering (peacefully), or have the law and gov't support "their right to free speech". They were severly limited in time and place to protest. Just another part of the movement to make us "UNEQUAL" under the law. (Of course, it may have been that the TEA party members actually have lives and needed to go back to work to support themselves. I don't think there were any reports of TEA party members going into businesses, and demanding "free food".)

So I guess the OWS people are out there fighting for their lack of lives, yeah?

You completely miss the bread and butter of the movement. Those people raise families, have jobs, some of them fight for their country. They're a varied group of individuals who do have lives, and are fighting for a better life for not just themselves, but their fellow citizens as well.

'Occupy Oakland' Protesters Clash With Police Following Day Of Protests | Fox News

Police clashed with protesters in Oakland after thousands of demonstrators shut down one of the nation's busiest shipping ports, escalating a movement whose tactics had largely been limited to marches, rallies and tent encampments since it began in September.
The crowd disrupted port operations by overwhelming the area with people and blocking exits with chain-link fencing and illegally parked vehicles. The demonstrators also erected fences to block main streets to the port. No trucks were allowed into or out of the area.

Port spokesman Isaac Kos-Read said evening operations had been "effectively shut down."

And later port officials released a statement saying that maritime activity would be cancelled indefinitely, but they hoped to resume the work day Thursday.

"Our hope is that the work day can resume tomorrow and that Port workers will be allowed to get to their jobs without incident," the statement read. "Continued missed shifts represent economic hardship for maritime workers, truckers, and their families, as well as lost jobs and lost tax revenue for our region."

Oakland organizers said they targeted the port because they want to stop the "flow of capital."

As protesters left the area on foot some stopped to burn money, others bickered, and one burned an American flag.

Zachary RunningWolf, a well-known Bay Area activist, said he burned the flag "to start an educated discussion among us."

morons.

It's this kind of Mob Rule, Intimidation Tactics to me that have always made the Left so damn Endearing to us all.

Am I right?

I mean they like to keep things simple. While they tell everyone else to be Civil and work with in the system for change if that is what you want. They on the other hand get to form Mobs, Destroy Property, Occupy Public Spaces, and shut down Commerce if they don't get their way.

How wonderfully democratic and civil of them. Right?

Such a fine display of Tolerant, Productive, Peaceful Left wing Action.

Way to go OWC, thanks for reminding us all what Obama and the Democrat Party really stand for. As if we needed it.

You completely miss the bread and butter of the movement. Those people raise families, have jobs, some of them fight for their country. They're a varied group of individuals who do have lives, and are fighting for a better life for not just themselves, but their fellow citizens as well.

Yeah there are awesome, Further Slowing our Economy by shutting down Ports, and jeopardizing Jobs, is just awesome of them. I love em. They should be Marching on DC, Shutting down Federal Buildings, Not fucking up our Economy further.

Fucking idiots.

Then what are they protesting away from Washington DC, were the regulations and slanted laws are passed by the crooked, corrupt politicians? If they have jobs, how can they be away from them for such an extended period of time (who is paying their bills????)? Why are they becoming violent (is that really a good example for "the children"?)? Why are they openly attacking based on class warfare (it doesn't matter how the 1% achieved their wealth)? Why are they so anti-semitic? How are they "fighting for their fellow citizens" when they are marching on the "fellow citizens'" homes? Why are they acting like a mob in places, threatening police, vandalizing business (hurting other peoples' jobs), and doing violence?
The "bread and butter of the movement", is KOOLAID. Just like every other dictator/tyrant that sold a bill of goods to his followers, the OWS "legion", is swallowing every fantasy that is floated past them.

Then what are they protesting away from Washington DC, were the regulations and slanted laws are passed by the crooked, corrupt politicians? If they have jobs, how can they be away from them for such an extended period of time (who is paying their bills????)? Why are they becoming violent (is that really a good example for "the children"?)? Why are they openly attacking based on class warfare (it doesn't matter how the 1% achieved their wealth)? Why are they so anti-semitic? How are they "fighting for their fellow citizens" when they are marching on the "fellow citizens'" homes? Why are they acting like a mob in places, threatening police, vandalizing business (hurting other peoples' jobs), and doing violence?
The "bread and butter of the movement", is KOOLAID. Just like every other dictator/tyrant that sold a bill of goods to his followers, the OWS "legion", is swallowing every fantasy that is floated past them.

Sorry, but it wasn't regulations that turned the economy into shit. It was the steady deregulation throughout the 2000's. The only area regulations played into it were after things have already been shit and there were regulations put on the banks and the banks just said, "fuck you we're going to circumvent this."

And you know what the sad thing is? People have actually supported the banks. They blame the government regulations instead of the asshole banking institutions that decided to ram it up the ass of their customers just because they got regulated a little bit.

Sorry but in my book that fault is on the banks.

EDIT:

OH MY GOD HE'S STRAFING! SHOOT HIM!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I0pX9LeE-g8[/youtube]

Last edited:

Sorry, but it wasn't regulations that turned the economy into shit. It was the steady deregulation throughout the 2000's. The only area regulations played into it were after things have already been shit and there were regulations put on the banks and the banks just said, "fuck you we're going to circumvent this."

And you know what the sad thing is? People have actually supported the banks. They blame the government regulations instead of the asshole banking institutions that decided to ram it up the ass of their customers just because they got regulated a little bit.

Sorry but in my book that fault is on the banks.

EDIT:

OH MY GOD HE'S STRAFING! SHOOT HIM!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I0pX9LeE-g8[/youtube]

Are the customers "forced" to stay with the "greedy" bankers??? Don't the customers have a choice? Isn't "de-regulation" done by the gov't?

Are the customers "forced" to stay with the "greedy" bankers??? Don't the customers have a choice? Isn't "de-regulation" done by the gov't?

Oh well if you're saying we should occupy the conservative politicians that championed deregulation then you lead brother, I'll be right behind you!

I think TEA stands for Taxed Enough Already, not associated with the colonial revolt.

Violence is unacceptable. Shutting down the port for one day is fine, the effects will hit deep pockets. But I say one day, make your point and leave.

Holy crap--you're stating shutting down one our largest ports is "fine" for one day?---:cuckoo::cuckoo: Are you really that dense? Do you even consider what type of goods are sitting out there waiting for port--that need to be shipped all over this country by truck or train--and in many instances have a certain "life span" to them--like fruit and other edible items. Do you have any idea what the cost consequences are not only to the consumers but to those type of businesses' that employ people.

What you OWS protesters really need to get--is a freakin BRAIN.

Last edited:

Oh well if you're saying we should occupy the conservative politicians that championed deregulation then you lead brother, I'll be right behind you!

LINK?

All was deregulated during the Clinton administration ditto-head.

How about protesting the politician that has received the most money from Wall Street?

hardly.

you've not produced a single point in the Constitution that bolsters your statement.

Dipshit, you're talking about investigating and prosecuting here. Has ZERO to do with your original statement that 'In the U.S., the government is forbidden by the Constitution from using violence to suppress a nonviolent movement.'

No, they do not. They are completely unrelated to your specific quote. You are extrapolating additional meaning into those sections. Meaning that simply isn't there.

All you did was prove you have no real understanding of the Constitutions individual parts.

What you have proven here is that you have nothing to say, no arguments to present, and also no civility, no maturity, no ability to debate like a civilized person or using any tactics other than name-calling and belligerence.

If that was always the case with you, it would put you immediately on the ignore list, but I've observed that it's not always the case. So I'll just ignore you here, unless and until you actually say something worth responding to.

Translation:

I do not understand what is actually IN the Constitution, so I'll just grab a few parts that have nothing to do with my original comments, claim they prove me right, and whine like a little bitch when I'm called out on it.

Forum List

Back