OWS shuts down Port of Oakland

Our forefathers fought to free us from totalitarian rule so we could have the freedom to choose our own way in life.
Oh, please. Great Britain was, by any standard, the freest country in the world at that time.
A fact that, obviously, did not fully extend to its colonies and the people that lived there. The revoluton was fought over the rights of Englishmen which were denied, at least in part, to the colonists.

A fact that, obviously, did not fully extend to its colonies and the people that lived there. The revoluton was fought over the rights of Englishmen which were denied, at least in part, to the colonists.

It's still ridiculous to call it "totalitarian rule." Give me a break.

In the U.S., the government is forbidden by the Constitution from using violence to suppress a nonviolent movement.
Chuckle...
Cite the text that supports this.

I'd be interested to see that part of the Constitution as well.

EDIT: nothing like that in the main body of the Constitution as far as I can see...
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution_transcript.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_amendments_to_the_United_States_Constitution
nothing in the amendments either, unless I missed something...

Last edited:
In the U.S., the government is forbidden by the Constitution from using violence to suppress a nonviolent movement.
Chuckle...
Cite the text that supports this.

I'd be interested to see that part of the Constitution as well.

EDIT: nothing like that in the main body of the Constitution as far as I can see...
Transcript of the Constitution of the United States - Official Text

List of amendments to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
nothing in the amendments either, unless I missed something...

cricket... cricket... cricket...

Why do any of you worry about this? These protests wont last long. Who cares? Let em protest as long as they want. It isnt going to affect much of anything. Pain in the butt for awhile.

Will the press blame the liberal politicians and celebrities that have been encouraging this "bad" behavior?

Well make protesting illegal if you dont like it. I could care less. Noboby able to protest anything. Fine with me.

I have no pity for the protestors or empathy for wall street. I surely wont be out there protesting anything, nor will I say wall street is not full, i mean SO VERY FULL of corruption. Can you say that?

You are so wrong. Our forefathers fought to free us from totalitarian

Great Britain was not a totalitarian state, it was ruled by an elected Parliament even in the times of colonial America.

rule so we could have the freedom to choose our own way in life.

Do you have anything to say that actually addresses what I said?

Your (factually inaccuate) red herring indicates you have no effective counter to what I said.

Factually inaccurate how?

The fact that self-interested snotty-nosed spoiled children rarely do more than throw a tantrum when then cannot get what they want - few use force to take what they want from their parents. No reason to expect anything different from these poeple.

On what basis do you make this judgment against the Occupy movement?

[quotet sure how this question follow from your previous question, or anthing that I've said.
The idea of "revolution" was brought up; I stated that this was unlikely as these people weren't willing, on the whole, to place their lives in a position of immediate mortal danger to push their point to its conclusion.
:shrug:[/QUOTE]

I guess we'll see about that, if the protesters start braving the upcoming cold of winter.

Deflection. The Boston Tea Party was a dispute over taxation without representation. It was not a bunch of people claiming they wanted an end to capitalism and jobs for everyone.

It was a group of people intentionally destroying the private property of others, in hopes to influence and provoke political change. I think we should be grateful that the Occupy movement is doing nothing more than impeding traffic and hasn't resorted to malicious destruction of property. At least not yet.

Don't watch the news or read a news paper do you ? Shit got burned and businesses had windows broken out. In case you haven't noticed, this movement has been infiltrated by radicals. This has gone from being annoying to actually hurting the people they claim to be standing up for.

Deflection. The Boston Tea Party was a dispute over taxation without representation. It was not a bunch of people claiming they wanted an end to capitalism and jobs for everyone.

It was a group of people intentionally destroying the private property of others, in hopes to influence and provoke political change. I think we should be grateful that the Occupy movement is doing nothing more than impeding traffic and hasn't resorted to malicious destruction of property. At least not yet.

Don't watch the news or read a news paper do you ? Shit got burned and businesses had windows broken out. In case you haven't noticed, this movement has been infiltrated by radicals. This has gone from being annoying to actually hurting the people they claim to be standing up for.

The Movement was not Infiltrated by Radicals, it was Born of them, and has been Driven By them. Yes there have been lots of Normal people, with real Beefs showing up, but the Real Hard core ones that are Driving it all, have always been Radicals.

The Movement was not Infiltrated by Radicals, it was Born of them, and has been Driven By them. Yes there have been lots of Normal people, with real Beefs showing up, but the Real Hard core ones that are Driving it all, have always been Radicals.
And will continue to BE radicals against thier own interests/liberty.

Your (factually inaccuate) red herring indicates you have no effective counter to what I said.
Factually inaccurate how?
The revolt of the British North American colonies was not based on the petulant notion that they, the colonists, were entitled to a certain standard of living,

The fact that self-interested snotty-nosed spoiled children rarely do more than throw a tantrum when then cannot get what they want - few use force to take what they want from their parents. No reason to expect anything different from these poeple.
On what basis do you make this judgment against the Occupy movement?
Thier behavior, in terms of what they do, what they say and why they are there.

Congrats on the epic fail.
Congrats on the total non-response.
I addresseed several of your points with a challenge for you to show that they applied today:

You cannot show that this applies today.

You have failed to rerspond to those challenges, and thus, each of your points remains unsupported. Without support for your argument, it necessarily fails.
:shrug:

I gotta say - the claim of a "nonviolent destruction of private porperty" got quite a laugh.
:lol:

No response. Surprise.

Forum List

Back