Overused Alinsky #5 no longer effective, Progs are Fluked

A reading from the Neo-Marxist Party Hymnal "Rules for Radicals" by Saul Alinksy

5. “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.”

Recent studies have shown that this is no longer effective. In October 2012, when Progs ridicule they just look stupid and pointless, so by all means keep it up.

When cons ridicule, it shows they've been paying more attention to Alinsky than they care to admit. Personally, I never knew much about him until the Republican primaries.
November 11, 2009
RUSH: I think that's the fastest way to persuade people, you know, is to ridicule and make fun of the people that you're having problems with.

May 14, 2007
RUSH: Everything we did about Clinton was humorous. It had a political point. We were making fun of and laughing.

January 24, 2007
RUSH: One of the techniques that Alinsky has advocated be used against people you need to destroy is ridicule, because there's no response to it. When you get ridiculed and made fun of, that's the toughest thing to have a response because everybody's laughing at you... In order to execute the strategeries and the policies of Saul Alinsky, you cannot have a soul, you cannot have a conscience, because your sole objective is to destroy people and ruin them.

June 23, 2008
RUSH: Ronald Reagan said, "Just laugh at 'em, just laugh at 'em and just ridicule it,"

April 03, 2009
RUSH: The thing that irritates this White House the most and the way to really put them off stride is to laugh at them, to ridicule them, and to make fun of them

July 23, 2010
CALLER: So many kids think that being liberal is cool and hip and whatever. What can we do to combat that?

RUSH: Now, what can you do about kids who think that being liberal is cool? What can you do to combat it? Laugh at them. Mock them. Make fun of them.

CALLER: (chuckles)

RUSH: Ridicule is the single greatest rapier. Ridicule is the single best way to embarrass somebody and get other people laughing at them. Whatever you do, do not be defensive. Don't let them set the agenda. Don't let them let you always be reacting or responding to what they do. Be on offense. Be assertive. Be confident. If they say something you disagree with, laugh at them, tell 'em you feel sorry for them.

I love how much mental energy the right devotes to Alinsky while accusing "progs" like me of being a devotee. Even though I hadn't heard about him before 2008, don't care about him now, have never read any of his material, and won't care about him or read his stuff in the future.

The Dear Leader better hope his Democrat MSM peeps throw him some scripted softballs in the next Debate. I think most were actually surprised at how clueless the man really is. This was especially evident on economic matters. Romney really schooled and embarrased him. But i have no doubt his MSM buddies will rally to save him. Look for some of that 'Comeback Kid' rhetoric after the next Debate. They've already declared him the winner of the next one. But i guess we'll just have to wait & see if the Democrat MSM & Alinsky dirty tricks save him. See ya on Election Day.

I love how much mental energy the right devotes to Alinsky while accusing "progs" like me of being a devotee. Even though I hadn't heard about him before 2008, don't care about him now, have never read any of his material, and won't care about him or read his stuff in the future.

That's the surest sign of an effective training program.

That's the surest sign of an effective training program.

The irony.............

You are but a pawn, a drone. It's not for you to understand, merely to obey. Your superiors know who Alinsky was, and follow him closely. You simply do as you are ordered to do. Thought is not for you.

Those were your friends warning me about you too.

I should have listened

poor frank.

he hasn't been the same since he bit a hole in his sarah doll.

27069_1_230.jpg

The Dear Leader better hope his Democrat MSM peeps throw him some scripted softballs in the next Debate. I think most were actually surprised at how clueless the man really is. This was especially evident on economic matters. Romney really schooled and embarrased him. But i have no doubt his MSM buddies will rally to save him. Look for some of that 'Comeback Kid' rhetoric after the next Debate. They've already declared him the winner of the next one. But i guess we'll just have to wait & see if the Democrat MSM & Alinsky dirty tricks save him. See ya on Election Day.

LOL!!! Please try and keep up. The next debate is townhall format with citizens, NOT the media, asking the questions. :eusa_doh:

the little bit I know about Alinsky is from what the right wingers post on here.

LOL!!! Please try and keep up. The next debate is townhall format with citizens, NOT the media, asking the questions. :eusa_doh:

Preselected "questions" from preselected "citizens."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Romney, tell us why you murdered Ranae Soptic?

Mr. President, tell us what it's like to be so awesome?

Preselected "questions" from preselected "citizens."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Romney, tell us why you murdered Ranae Soptic?

Mr. President, tell us what it's like to be so awesome?

Giving Mitt an out for when he loses, I see.

Hey Ma, I won our little side bet. Under 5 min.!!! :clap2:

Yes, probably very scripted. And that is somewhat of an advantage for your Dear Leader. I'll give ya that. His Teleprompter wont be necessary.

Forum List

Back