Over A Third of Democrat Primary Voters Favor Gun Confiscation...Screw your Constitutional Rights!

We have compromised on gun control laws since the Civil War. There are 22,000 gun laws already on the books a the Fed, State and Local levels. NO MORE. They are all UNCONSTITUTIONAL. All of them. Want more? Repeal the Second Amendment.
Those 'compromises' still enable an awful lot of people to own an awful lot of guns. Hard to feel sorry for those gun owners that have not had to give up their guns.

Which is a good thing for the law abiding citizen to own whatever guns they want. Prosecute ILLEGAL ACTIONS, and keep the violent Felons in jail. Don't penalize law abiding gun owners.

What would registration accomplish exactly?
I don't think everyone in this country should be able to own or possess a firearm (e.g., criminals, children, loons, etc.).
And there’s already a background check in place for that, right?

So what does registration accomplish that background checks don’t already do?

It's Already ILLEGAL for criminals, children and loons to posses firearms. Some people need to educate themselves. Wow.

Please, you don't think DEMONRATS are tyrannical after viewing what they have done to Trump with their STAR CHAMBER Impeachment, and Schitt denying Republican witnesses....you are blind!
So you think you're justified in armed rebellion since the Dems are exercising their rights under the Constitution and you don't like it? It is democracy you don't like, not tyranny. You are a poster child for gun control.
They ARENT EXERCISING ANY RIGHTS BUTVA POLITICAL LYNCHING...AND YOU are a poster child for the mentally ill!

Thanks for making my point so succinctly.
The problem with your point is that it punishes people who are peaceable law abiding citizens.
It may put a burden on them but not a punishment.
Ummm... you confiscating my lawfully owned property and removing my ability to protect myself absolutely is a punishment.

If you transported illegal drugs and they confiscated your vehicle, is that a punishment or a burden?
You're thinking of some other poster (happens to us all), I never said anything about confiscating your lawfully owned property.
No. I am thinking of you.

if it comes to a choice between reckless, irresponsible gun ownership and no gun ownership I'd vote for no gun ownership.

If you vote for no gun ownership and that became a reality, someone is going to have to confiscate all guns. This includes guns owned by peaceable law abiding citizens who have harmed no one.
You presume someone is going to have to confiscate all guns. I never said that.

The problem with your point is that it punishes people who are peaceable law abiding citizens.
Ummm... you confiscating my lawfully owned property and removing my ability to protect myself absolutely is a punishment.

If you transported illegal drugs and they confiscated your vehicle, is that a punishment or a burden?
You're thinking of some other poster (happens to us all), I never said anything about confiscating your lawfully owned property.

if it comes to a choice between reckless, irresponsible gun ownership and no gun ownership I'd vote for no gun ownership.

If you vote for no gun ownership and that became a reality, someone is going to have to confiscate all guns. This includes guns owned by peaceable law abiding citizens who have harmed no one.
Your two choices were gun ownership and no gun ownership, right?

So what does no gun ownership mean to you?

It's Already ILLEGAL for criminals, children and loons to posses firearms. Some people need to educate themselves. Wow.
The vast majority of U.S. states do not require background checks when a gun is sold at a gun show by a private seller (as opposed to a licensed gun retailer).

This is the case for private online transactions as well. If the gun is not sent to a store, and the sale is instead arranged personally, no background check is required.

In an undercover investigation of Armslist.com, it was discovered that 54% of vendors on the site were willing to sell to a buyer who admitted they could not pass a background check.

It means it should not come to a choice between reckless, irresponsible gun ownership and no gun ownership

It means it should not come to a choice between reckless, irresponsible gun ownership and no gun ownership
But that is exactly the choice you proposed, right?

And you selected no gun ownership, right?

So what does no gun ownership mean if it doesn’t mean to ban and confiscate all guns?

I don't think everyone in this country should be able to own or possess a firearm (e.g., criminals, children, loons, etc.).

How many guns are sold with background checks?

So what does no gun ownership mean if it doesn’t mean to ban and confiscate all guns?
TBD. Ask me again when I have to make that choice.

We are talking about a gun registry, not private party sales.

Those are two different things. Are you ready to concede that a gun registry won’t accomplish anything different than a background check?

You already made that choice.

Are you backing away from your choice?

I believe I said 'if' I had to choose. Something I can't envision having to do.

I guess you are a supporter of reckless, irresponsible gun ownership. How do you justify that?

Those are two different things. Are you ready to concede that a gun registry won’t accomplish anything different than a background check?
Do private party sales require a background check?

I guess you are a supporter of reckless, irresponsible gun ownership. How do you justify that?
Your logic is flawed on both points.

You already made your choice, so you don’t need to qualify your choice that you would only make that choice if you are forced to make that choice. Gun violence and gun accidents will continue to occur. So I am struggling to understand what will be different in the future that would compel you to change your choice. The answer is nothing. So your choice won’t change.

I am a huge supporter of responsible gun ownership. But I am not so naive to believe that gun violence and gun accidents will magically stop. We already have laws in place to discourage the unlawful use of firearms. So I see no reason whatsoever to punish peaceable law abiding citizens for the bad acts of others. So how does that make me a supporter of reckless irresponsible gun ownership?

Do private party sales require a background check?
No.

Why do you want a gun registry instead of requiring all sales go through FFL’s?

Background checks are not a gun registry. No records are kept by the federal government after the background check is made.

So you either don’t know the difference between a background check and a registry or you are trying to Trojan horse in a gun registry. Which is it?

The vast majority of gun sales are at gun shops with a background check. In my state ALL HANDGUN sales must go through a background check no matter what. If you sell a long gun to a prohibited person you are breaking Federal Law and will go to jail when caught. Criminals buy guns on the black market or STEAL THEM. They don't submit to background check anyway.

Your logic is flawed on both points.

You already made your choice, so you don’t need to qualify your choice that you would only make that choice if you are forced to make that choice. Gun violence and gun accidents will continue to occur. So I am struggling to understand what will be different in the future that would compel you to change your choice. The answer is nothing. So your choice won’t change.

I am a huge supporter of responsible gun ownership. But I am not so naive to believe that gun violence and gun accidents will magically stop. We already have laws in place to discourage the unlawful use of firearms. So I see no reason whatsoever to punish peaceable law abiding citizens for the bad acts of others. So how does that make me a supporter of reckless irresponsible gun ownership?
It seems like you've already made your choice, are you backing away from it? Given the choice between reckless, irresponsible gun ownership and no gun ownership you do not appear to support no gun ownership so the only other option is reckless, irresponsible gun ownership.

Forum List

Back