Over A Third of Democrat Primary Voters Favor Gun Confiscation...Screw your Constitutional Rights!

The problem as I see it, is the gun lobby refuses to compromise fearing a 'slippery slope'. They are probably right but failing to compromise on gun control issues that are popular will just feed the extremists on the other side. I, like most Americans, am OK with responsible gun ownership and use but if it comes to a choice between reckless, irresponsible gun ownership and no gun ownership I'd vote for no gun ownership. The tree that bends doesn't break.
So you atr OK with them taking away our Constitutional rights, and let the government act like Nazi Germany, and other totalitarian states, when after the guns were gone, the GOVERNMENT, was run by tyrants that could do what they wanted ..... the MINUSCULE amount of people killed by guns is nothing compared to what this country would be without guns....as we just saw in Texas, an armed citizen killed a crazy that could have killed dozens of other people if he wasn't stopped!
I don't see our gov't as tyrannical so if I'm given the choice of giving up all guns so me and the family don't get shot, the choice is an easy one. I think it is on gun owners to make sure I don't see things as all or nothing.

Your example, where 2 people died, might have been very different if no one had guns.

LOL....the venezuelans probably thought the same thing.

They banned and confiscated all guns and a short five years later their Government started slaughtering them.

Venezuelans regret gun ban, 'a declaration of war against an unarmed population'

The problem as I see it, is the gun lobby refuses to compromise fearing a 'slippery slope'. They are probably right but failing to compromise on gun control issues that are popular will just feed the extremists on the other side. I, like most Americans, am OK with responsible gun ownership and use but if it comes to a choice between reckless, irresponsible gun ownership and no gun ownership I'd vote for no gun ownership. The tree that bends doesn't break.
There is not one, single, solitary, (1) proposal that the gun grabbers want to enact that will change a damn thing, which is the point....When what they want fails, they will point to it as evidence that even more of their failure is called for.

How in the hell does anyone compromise with that lunacy?
Recent polling leaves little doubt that an astonishing 90% of all Americans support, at the very least, mandatory background checks before a gun can be purchased. So why hasn’t more been done to close loopholes in the background check system? LINK

Leads to confiscation.

Zogby-poll-36-Democrat-Primary-Voters-Support-Gun-Confiscation-600-473x600.jpg

Image from Zogby Analytics

From 5 December 2019 to 8 December 2019, Zogby Analytics ran an online poll of 443 likely Democrat primary voters. Of those voters, 36% approved of confiscation of legally owned firearms from American Citizens who have not committed a crime. These are the Americans who really do want to take your guns.

There were 20.4 million Democrat primary voters in 2018, the highest number in two decades.

36% of 20.4 million is 7.34 million voters who want to confiscate firearms from Americans who have not committed a crime.

This contrasts with about 18 million voters who have firearms carry permits and roughly 100 million voters who own guns.

According to Zogby's poll 38-39% of Democrat likely primary voters, or about 7.75-7.96 million voters, want government-paid healthcare for illegal immigrants. The same number want to decriminalize the crossing of the U.S. border without permission. About the same number want to eliminate the private healthcare system in the United States.

Zogby Analytics did not report how much overlap existed between the groups who positively answered the gun confiscation, immigration, and healthcare questions. It seems likely there is considerable overlap. Positive answers to the questions indicate a lack of concern for the rule of law and property rights.

(Excerpt) Read more at ammoland.com ...

------------

10 million people who want to see this country disappear.

In a country of 330 million, that’s nowhere close to a majority but almost half of Democrats entertain views that where once considered fringe.

And their number is growing, along with their insanity....

you-dont-need-an-ar-15-to-kill-a-deer-32464323.png

We have compromised on gun control laws since the Civil War. There are 22,000 gun laws already on the books a the Fed, State and Local levels. NO MORE. They are all UNCONSTITUTIONAL. All of them. Want more? Repeal the Second Amendment.

The govt cannot restrict access to firearms. Them doing so, is abuse of power.
They can, they should, and they do. And the vast majority of Americans support it. Trying to hold back such a wave of support is the abuse of power.
I don’t believe the vast majority of Americans do support the government infringing on the right to own, possess and bear firearms.

There is not one, single, solitary, (1) proposal that the gun grabbers want to enact that will change a damn thing, which is the point....When what they want fails, they will point to it as evidence that even more of their failure is called for.

Recent polling leaves little doubt that an astonishing 90% of all Americans support, at the very least, mandatory background checks before a gun can be purchased. So why hasn’t more been done to close loopholes in the background check system? LINK

Leads to confiscation.
Ahhh, the slippery slope argument. When has registering guns in this country led to the confiscation of the guns of lawful gun owners?

Leads to confiscation.
Ahhh, the slippery slope argument. When has registering guns in this country led to the confiscation of the guns of lawful gun owners?

Ask venezuelans.
Gun Control Preceded the Tyranny in Venezuela | José Niño

Leads to confiscation.
What would registration accomplish exactly?

Pass an amendment
Thanks for making my point so succinctly.
The problem with your point is that it punishes people who are peaceable law abiding citizens.
It may put a burden on them but not a punishment.
Ummm... you confiscating my lawfully owned property and removing my ability to protect myself absolutely is a punishment.

If you transported illegal drugs and they confiscated your vehicle, is that a punishment or a burden?

Leads to confiscation.

We've had gun laws passed in states like NY, CA, NJ, MD, MA, CT and others which make normal semi auto guns ILLEGAL. We have several Democrat Presidential candidates say they are for gun bans, and gun confiscation. So it has already happened at the State and Local level, and now they want the Feds to make it for the entire country,.

We have compromised on gun control laws since the Civil War. There are 22,000 gun laws already on the books a the Fed, State and Local levels. NO MORE. They are all UNCONSTITUTIONAL. All of them. Want more? Repeal the Second Amendment.
Those 'compromises' still enable an awful lot of people to own an awful lot of guns. Hard to feel sorry for those gun owners that have not had to give up their guns.

Fuck your "recent polling"....It proves nothing, and certainly doesn't address the dynamic I just described.

In fact, recent events show that your foolhardy "universal background checks" would have provided no barrier at all to any of the recent mass shootings......IOW, you're pissing in the wind, then using the fact that you're soaked in piss as proof that you need to piss into the wind some more.

Leads to confiscation.

Ask venezuelans.
Gun Control Preceded the Tyranny in Venezuela | José Niño
I'm asking Americans. When has registering guns in this country led to the confiscation of the guns of lawful gun owners?

Pass an amendment
The problem with your point is that it punishes people who are peaceable law abiding citizens.
Ummm... you confiscating my lawfully owned property and removing my ability to protect myself absolutely is a punishment.

If you transported illegal drugs and they confiscated your vehicle, is that a punishment or a burden?
You're thinking of some other poster (happens to us all), I never said anything about confiscating your lawfully owned property.

Zogby-poll-36-Democrat-Primary-Voters-Support-Gun-Confiscation-600-473x600.jpg

Image from Zogby Analytics

From 5 December 2019 to 8 December 2019, Zogby Analytics ran an online poll of 443 likely Democrat primary voters. Of those voters, 36% approved of confiscation of legally owned firearms from American Citizens who have not committed a crime. These are the Americans who really do want to take your guns.

There were 20.4 million Democrat primary voters in 2018, the highest number in two decades.

36% of 20.4 million is 7.34 million voters who want to confiscate firearms from Americans who have not committed a crime.

This contrasts with about 18 million voters who have firearms carry permits and roughly 100 million voters who own guns.

According to Zogby's poll 38-39% of Democrat likely primary voters, or about 7.75-7.96 million voters, want government-paid healthcare for illegal immigrants. The same number want to decriminalize the crossing of the U.S. border without permission. About the same number want to eliminate the private healthcare system in the United States.

Zogby Analytics did not report how much overlap existed between the groups who positively answered the gun confiscation, immigration, and healthcare questions. It seems likely there is considerable overlap. Positive answers to the questions indicate a lack of concern for the rule of law and property rights.

(Excerpt) Read more at ammoland.com ...

------------

10 million people who want to see this country disappear.

In a country of 330 million, that’s nowhere close to a majority but almost half of Democrats entertain views that where once considered fringe.

And their number is growing, along with their insanity....

you-dont-need-an-ar-15-to-kill-a-deer-32464323.png

That is a bogus poll, most of the Democrats I know have a pistol and hunt.

With a pistol, Ahmed? :rofl:

How IS the hunting over there in Gaza anyway? :dunno:

Pass an amendment

You're thinking of some other poster (happens to us all), I never said anything about confiscating your lawfully owned property.
No. I am thinking of you.

if it comes to a choice between reckless, irresponsible gun ownership and no gun ownership I'd vote for no gun ownership.

If you vote for no gun ownership and that became a reality, someone is going to have to confiscate all guns. This includes guns owned by peaceable law abiding citizens who have harmed no one.

Gun lobby? You mean the American people refuse to surrender their civil liberty and Constitutional rights.

An armed populace is impossible to rule, you Stalinists really MUST do something about it...

Forum List

Back