Over 90% of American voters are incapable of critical thinking.

Liberty

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2009
colorado
I consider myself a student of American history. I love the story of the revolution, the hope and courage the founding men and women had and their prayer of a free society. And then...I look at us today, and all I can feel is pity. Not pity for you, but pity for the men and women whose blood, sweat, tears, and even bodies are lost to the flow of history; those that worked to make you free, and me free, and possibly all other peoples free. And then I look at today. I look at over 90% of voters who choose to vote for their own slavery. These people who vote to have an unjust ruling class subjugate the fruits of their labor at gun point. These people who vote to have an unjust ruling class dictate what they do with their own bodies...I could go on. Where is the desire to be free? Why have 90% of Americans instead chosen to be babied by a ruling class who does not give one shit about them, and only about themselves and staying in power? Why is it so hard to understand, that if you vote for a republican or a democrat you are voting to hurt yourself, your family, and those you love? Why...pray tell, are you so fucking stupid?

Last edited:
It's worse than that. Most people don't think at all, let alone critically. You can watch it all over this board as a microcosm of the entire country. Except even here, at least people pay attention, even if they fail miserably to stay objective and keep facts/truth more favorable than a party affiliation.

People are fucking retarded. That's the nice way of putting it.

It's worse than that. Most people don't think at all, let alone critically. You can watch it all over this board as a microcosm of the entire country. Except even here, at least people pay attention, even if they fail miserably to stay objective and keep facts/truth more favorable than a party affiliation.

How do you cope with it? The more I learn the more depressing it gets!

Considering the fact that Obama can't answer a question with out meandering..maybe even forgetting what was asked?
I don't see how anyone would see him as the winner of last nights debate.

Obama has ADD.

Considering the fact that Obama can't answer a question with out meandering..maybe even forgetting what was asked?

Obama has ADD.

Here is a great example of one of those people who can't critically think, and whose only dictating force for voting for Romney is that he doesn't like Obama. A prime example of the kind of stupidity bringing this country to its knees.

I consider myself a student of American history. I love the story of the revolution, the hope and courage the founding men and women had and their prayer of a free society. And then...I look at us today, and all I can feel is pity. Not pity for you, but pity for the men and women whose blood, sweat, tears, and even bodies are lost to the flow of history; those that worked to make you free, and me free, and possibly all other peoples free. And then I look at today. I look at over 90% of voters who choose to vote for their own slavery. These people who vote to have an unjust ruling class subjugate the fruits of their labor at gun point. These people who vote to have an unjust ruling class dictate what they do with their own bodies...I could go on. Where is the desire to be free? Why have 90% of Americans instead chosen to be babied by a ruling class who does not give one shit about them, and only about themselves and staying in power? Why is it so hard to understand, that if you vote for a republican or a democrat you are voting to hurt yourself, your family, and those you love? Why...pray tell, are you so fucking stupid?

Basically I think vast percentage of the people are voting for what they hope will be the least worst prison guards.

I know I am.

I have little doubt that millions of Americans understand what a sham this two party system is, but there's damned all tha most of us can do about it.

What are YOU doing about it?

Voting for some third party candidate?

Basically I think vast percentage of the people are voting for what they hope will be the least worst prison guards.

I know I am.

I have little doubt that millions of Americans understand what a sham this two party system is, but there's damned all tha most of us can do about it.

What are YOU doing about it?

Voting for some third party candidate?

They way I figure it, if we all waste our vote on freedom, then freedom will win. So, yes, I am a big libertarian supporter. I don't believe in the concept of a wasted vote because that notion derives from the false idea that Romney and Obama are different on any issue that actually matters. To me, it is a no brainer to vote for johnson this election when Obama and Romney both only care about their own ego and power. I believe Gov. Johnson when he says he is going to fight to balance the budget in 2013 (Not 2042 or 2040), when he says he is going to cut spending by 43% his first year. I know that congress decides this, but he will fight for what is right and that's all I ask for in an executive.

Last edited:

Obama has ADD.

Here is a great example of one of those people who can't critically think, and whose only dictating force for voting for Romney is that he doesn't like Obama. A prime example of the kind of stupidity bringing this country to its knees.

Obama avoided most answers asked of him. All he ever does is bla bla bla Mitt's no good, He's an ill informed liar. The Libya question/statemnet was a beautiful thing when asked by Mitt. He sat down.. and said continue Governor. If not for Crowley at that moment he was dead meat. Crowley kept his sorry ass in the game for another week.

Last edited:
The Ron Paulbots and the Gary Johnsonbots all say the same thing, if you don't vote for our guy, you don't think for yourself.

Does this make sense, really? Agree with me, or you don't think for yourself. Unless you come to the same conclusion I have, you aren't critically thinking.

Can someone consider the Paul/Johnson policies and positions and find that they are so wrong that they don't deserve a vote?

Obama has ADD.

Obama avoided most answers asked of him. All he ever does is bla bla bla Mitt's no good, He's an ill informed liar. The Libya question/statemnet was a beautiful thing when asked by Mitt. He sat down.. and said continue Governor. If not for Crowley at that moment he was dead meat.

Within the hour after the debate ended, Crowley admitted she was wrong.

The Ron Paulbots and the Gary Johnsonbots all say the same thing, if you don't vote for our guy, you don't think for yourself.

Does this make sense, really? Agree with me, or you don't think for yourself. Unless you come to the same conclusion I have, you aren't critically thinking.

Can someone consider the Paul/Johnson policies and positions and find that they are so wrong that they don't deserve a vote?

Well, I suppose if you really thought about it and you prefer economic slavery in a police state in which a law called the NDAA says the federal government can kidnap you and detain you (or murder you) without a trial for an indefinite period of time is a good idea, by all means vote for Obamney. This thread is more for those who want to live in a free society.

206144_346050088815672_1504993761_n.jpg

How do you cope with it? The more I learn the more depressing it gets!

You just have to let go. Realize that the majority of Americans are knowingly and purposefully ignorant, and there's nothing you can do about it. Take solace in the things you enjoy. At least, until they take those things away from you because it's not in your best interest.

As long as I can do what I enjoy, let the sheep be sheep. There's no use fighting against the tide of idiocy.

Not true. I believe you don't think for yourself if you only vote against a candidate, never for your own, and when people purposefully ignore how similar the candidates are.

Obama has ADD.

Obama's election because he is black is another example of stupidity!
I know that many of the Independents that voted for Obama did so because they didn't in their own minds want to think they could be racist!
These people were as you said stupid because they didn't investigate Obama's inexperience, his incompetence and more importantly his agenda!
They voted for Obama because THEY didn't want to consider themselves racist by NOT voting for a black man!

NOW this wouldn't have been an ISSUE if Obama was competent! But we are seeing the consequences of NOT a black man, but a man that had no experiences. Had an agenda that was never in the best interest of the USA!

I read part of Obama's autobiography "Dreams of My Father" and this passage convinced me!
"It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned.
People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and
made no sudden moves.They were more than satisfied.
They were revealed.
Such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time."

Not true. I believe you don't think for yourself if you only vote against a candidate, never for your own, and when people purposefully ignore how similar the candidates are.

Supposedly, the goals of all the candidates are supposed to be similar. To do the best for the American people as a whole. Even Gary Johnson's goal is similar. The controversy comes from how to achieve that goal. Even if an individual doesn't agree completely with their chosen candidate, but understands the opposition is worse, they will vote for the candidate they mostly agree with and against the other guy. Not that many people agree with Gary Johnson.

Supposedly, the goals of all the candidates are supposed to be similar. To do the best for the American people as a whole. Even Gary Johnson's goal is similar. The controversy comes from how to achieve that goal. Even if an individual doesn't agree completely with their chosen candidate, but understands the opposition is worse, they will vote for the candidate they mostly agree with and against the other guy. Not that many people agree with Gary Johnson.

Well, you can't really rationale the thinking process of main stream voters. Think of it as a scale between 1 and 1000, and everything after 500 more of a "tyrannical" government...just humor me here. As it stands, it's like Johnson = 50. Romney = 800 and Obama = 805

Lesser of two evils isn't really doing this country any good, yet you keep peddling the fallacy.

Last edited:

Let me see if I have this right....voting for either of the two major parties reveals a lack of critical thinking. Yet, voting for a third party is an exercise in brilliance?

Either way, you're still voting for a party. I fail to see the difference. It's like those ridiculous arguments fans of certain types of cars get into. Dodge is better. No, Ford is better. No, Chevy's are better. The superiority of one cannot be definitively "proved," so it boils down to a matter of opinion and whether or not drivers of the cars different from yours are idiots is a subjective determination.

Your argument is exactly the same and just as pointless.

Forum List

Back