Over 90% of American voters are incapable of critical thinking.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Liberty, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Liberty

Liberty Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +548
    I consider myself a student of American history. I love the story of the revolution, the hope and courage the founding men and women had and their prayer of a free society. And then...I look at us today, and all I can feel is pity. Not pity for you, but pity for the men and women whose blood, sweat, tears, and even bodies are lost to the flow of history; those that worked to make you free, and me free, and possibly all other peoples free. And then I look at today. I look at over 90% of voters who choose to vote for their own slavery. These people who vote to have an unjust ruling class subjugate the fruits of their labor at gun point. These people who vote to have an unjust ruling class dictate what they do with their own bodies...I could go on. Where is the desire to be free? Why have 90% of Americans instead chosen to be babied by a ruling class who does not give one shit about them, and only about themselves and staying in power? Why is it so hard to understand, that if you vote for a republican or a democrat you are voting to hurt yourself, your family, and those you love? Why...pray tell, are you so fucking stupid?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  2. TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,012
    It's worse than that. Most people don't think at all, let alone critically. You can watch it all over this board as a microcosm of the entire country. Except even here, at least people pay attention, even if they fail miserably to stay objective and keep facts/truth more favorable than a party affiliation.

People are fucking retarded. That's the nice way of putting it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Liberty

Liberty Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +548
    How do you cope with it? The more I learn the more depressing it gets!

4. copsnrobbers

copsnrobbers I call it as I see it

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +244
    Considering the fact that Obama can't answer a question with out meandering..maybe even forgetting what was asked?
    I don't see how anyone would see him as the winner of last nights debate.

Obama has ADD.

5. Liberty

Liberty Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +548
    Here is a great example of one of those people who can't critically think, and whose only dictating force for voting for Romney is that he doesn't like Obama. A prime example of the kind of stupidity bringing this country to its knees.

6. Soggy in NOLA

Soggy in NOLA Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,415
    Hope 'n Change

7. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Basically I think vast percentage of the people are voting for what they hope will be the least worst prison guards.

I know I am.

I have little doubt that millions of Americans understand what a sham this two party system is, but there's damned all tha most of us can do about it.

What are YOU doing about it?

Voting for some third party candidate?

8. Liberty

Liberty Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +548
    They way I figure it, if we all waste our vote on freedom, then freedom will win. So, yes, I am a big libertarian supporter. I don't believe in the concept of a wasted vote because that notion derives from the false idea that Romney and Obama are different on any issue that actually matters. To me, it is a no brainer to vote for johnson this election when Obama and Romney both only care about their own ego and power. I believe Gov. Johnson when he says he is going to fight to balance the budget in 2013 (Not 2042 or 2040), when he says he is going to cut spending by 43% his first year. I know that congress decides this, but he will fight for what is right and that's all I ask for in an executive.

9. copsnrobbers

copsnrobbers I call it as I see it

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +244
    Obama avoided most answers asked of him. All he ever does is bla bla bla Mitt's no good, He's an ill informed liar. The Libya question/statemnet was a beautiful thing when asked by Mitt. He sat down.. and said continue Governor. If not for Crowley at that moment he was dead meat. Crowley kept his sorry ass in the game for another week.

10. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    The Ron Paulbots and the Gary Johnsonbots all say the same thing, if you don't vote for our guy, you don't think for yourself.

Does this make sense, really? Agree with me, or you don't think for yourself. Unless you come to the same conclusion I have, you aren't critically thinking.

Can someone consider the Paul/Johnson policies and positions and find that they are so wrong that they don't deserve a vote?