Over 90% of American voters are incapable of critical thinking.

I consider myself a student of American history. I love the story of the revolution, the hope and courage the founding men and women had and their prayer of a free society. And then...I look at us today, and all I can feel is pity. Not pity for you, but pity for the men and women whose blood, sweat, tears, and even bodies are lost to the flow of history; those that worked to make you free, and me free, and possibly all other peoples free. And then I look at today. I look at over 90% of voters who choose to vote for their own slavery. These people who vote to have an unjust ruling class subjugate the fruits of their labor at gun point. These people who vote to have an unjust ruling class dictate what they do with their own bodies...I could go on. Where is the desire to be free? Why have 90% of Americans instead chosen to be babied by a ruling class who does not give one shit about them, and only about themselves and staying in power? Why is it so hard to understand, that if you vote for a republican or a democrat you are voting to hurt yourself, your family, and those you love? Why...pray tell, are you so fucking stupid?

Let me see if I have this right....voting for either of the two major parties reveals a lack of critical thinking. Yet, voting for a third party is an exercise in brilliance?

Either way, you're still voting for a party. I fail to see the difference. It's like those ridiculous arguments fans of certain types of cars get into. Dodge is better. No, Ford is better. No, Chevy's are better. The superiority of one cannot be definitively "proved," so it boils down to a matter of opinion and whether or not drivers of the cars different from yours are idiots is a subjective determination.

Your argument is exactly the same and just as pointless.

Hey, oldguy. It is clear you yourself have not done enough research to understand the elusive "difference." Let me help you.

559478_430506140331057_662024281_n.jpg

Not true. I believe you don't think for yourself if you only vote against a candidate, never for your own, and when people purposefully ignore how similar the candidates are.

Supposedly, the goals of all the candidates are supposed to be similar. To do the best for the American people as a whole. Even Gary Johnson's goal is similar. The controversy comes from how to achieve that goal. Even if an individual doesn't agree completely with their chosen candidate, but understands the opposition is worse, they will vote for the candidate they mostly agree with and against the other guy. Not that many people agree with Gary Johnson.

Well, you can't really rationale the thinking process of main stream voters. Think of it as a scale between 1 and 1000, and everything after 500 more of a "tyrannical" government...just humor me here. As it stands, it's like Johnson = 50. Romney = 800 and Obama = 805

Lesser of two evils isn't really doing this country any good, yet you keep peddling the fallacy.

That's because Johnson isn't even the lesser of two evils. He's a nonentity.

Supposedly, the goals of all the candidates are supposed to be similar. To do the best for the American people as a whole. Even Gary Johnson's goal is similar. The controversy comes from how to achieve that goal. Even if an individual doesn't agree completely with their chosen candidate, but understands the opposition is worse, they will vote for the candidate they mostly agree with and against the other guy. Not that many people agree with Gary Johnson.

Well, you can't really rationale the thinking process of main stream voters. Think of it as a scale between 1 and 1000, and everything after 500 more of a "tyrannical" government...just humor me here. As it stands, it's like Johnson = 50. Romney = 800 and Obama = 805

Lesser of two evils isn't really doing this country any good, yet you keep peddling the fallacy.

That's because Johnson isn't even the lesser of two evils. He's a nonentity.

Yep, thanks to idiots like you and the rest of the 90% of voters that are voting for the chains of economic slavery and police state dictatorship for their family and loved ones. Great job.

People don't even know what their govt. is suppose to do and what it is not suppose to do. Everyone has an opinion about what THEY want. They stend no time realizing what effect their wishes will have on someone else. Or if they do, they don't care. Everyone in the US has become their very own, personal little dictator.

I consider myself a student of American history. I love the story of the revolution, the hope and courage the founding men and women had and their prayer of a free society. And then...I look at us today, and all I can feel is pity. Not pity for you, but pity for the men and women whose blood, sweat, tears, and even bodies are lost to the flow of history; those that worked to make you free, and me free, and possibly all other peoples free. And then I look at today. I look at over 90% of voters who choose to vote for their own slavery. These people who vote to have an unjust ruling class subjugate the fruits of their labor at gun point. These people who vote to have an unjust ruling class dictate what they do with their own bodies...I could go on. Where is the desire to be free? Why have 90% of Americans instead chosen to be babied by a ruling class who does not give one shit about them, and only about themselves and staying in power? Why is it so hard to understand, that if you vote for a republican or a democrat you are voting to hurt yourself, your family, and those you love? Why...pray tell, are you so fucking stupid?

Let me see if I have this right....voting for either of the two major parties reveals a lack of critical thinking. Yet, voting for a third party is an exercise in brilliance?

Either way, you're still voting for a party. I fail to see the difference. It's like those ridiculous arguments fans of certain types of cars get into. Dodge is better. No, Ford is better. No, Chevy's are better. The superiority of one cannot be definitively "proved," so it boils down to a matter of opinion and whether or not drivers of the cars different from yours are idiots is a subjective determination.

Hey, oldguy. It is clear you yourself have not done enough research to understand the elusive "difference." Let me help you.

Even though the type is quite small, I read Johnson's positions and will not vote for him based on his stated positions. Is that voting against a candidate rather than for one? It doesn't matter.

Even though the type is quite small, I read Johnson's positions and will not vote for him based on his stated positions. Is that voting against a candidate rather than for one? It doesn't matter.

No, but it is voting for tyranny and economic slavery over freedom.

I can see people voting for an ideology that reflects their values. But when their ideology offers up a candidate that doesn't reflect their ideologies values and they still vote for the ideology's candidate, well then there's a problem. That voter doesn't have any real convictions and really doesn't think for themselves.
The same can be said for voting for an incumbent that is a failure or hasn't done his job. Yet incumbents keep on getting re-elected because of their party affiliation.
How many people vote straight ticket no matter what? Talk about lack of critical thinking.

Last edited:
It's more like 95%

No, but it is voting for tyranny and economic slavery over freedom.

That's true ONLY if you imagine that Gary Johnson represents freedom. I see someone who would govern by dancing around in the meadow sniffing tulips because he imagines they have a scent. I don't see freedom anywhere in Johnson's position statements.

Basically I think vast percentage of the people are voting for what they hope will be the least worst prison guards.

I know I am.

I have little doubt that millions of Americans understand what a sham this two party system is, but there's damned all tha most of us can do about it.

What are YOU doing about it?

Voting for some third party candidate?

Problem is, we have the best government money can buy (for the moneyed and corporations). Until we get special interest money out of our election system, nothing will ever change. The wealthy & corporations dictate who you get to vote for. The American people truly no longer have a voice at the federal level (and many local levels).

Obamney:
Unconstitutional, neverending wars, NDAA, Federal Reserve, Torture, PAtriot Act, Tarp, Drug War, Drone murders, TSA, Foreign Aid, Warrantless Wire Tapping, IRS, self defense regulation, Police State, Eminent Domain, deficit spending until 2040/2042, backed by Goldman Sachs, Entitlements, Inflation.

Johnson:
Peace, Prosperity through free trade, no income tax, private property rights, free markets, free travel, sound money, self defense rights, civil rights, individual responsibility, balanced budget immediately.

Who is derping here, really?

You consider yourself a proponent of critical thinking and chose to be a Libertarian?

:slap:

You consider yourself a proponent of critical thinking and chose to be a Libertarian?

Shut up troll.

And this is why LOLberalism is a mental disorder.

It sure does seem that way.

Liberalism is responsible for the founding of this country and every major initiative since.
Without liberalism we would not have had Abolition, womens rights, worker rights, civil rights, environmental protection or gay rights.

Libertarianism is practiced by a few oddballs who post on the internet. With the exception of Somalia, there is not a single Libertarian nation on earth

Forum List

Back