Outrage: Obama Admin Says Texans Can't Arrest UN Observers Even If They Violate Law

When you start talking about "we" and "they" in regards to voting then you already have a serious problem, add to that Texas leading the charge to kill the voting rights act and your protestations sound kind of flat. Texas has a long history of screwing their voters, you are just going to have to live with the fact that no one trusts them at all to play nice on their own.

ROFLMFAO, you say I have a problem for using generalized terms, "we" and "they" and you do exactly the same thing. Who is "no one" and "them"? Also when you have Holder denying a law to a state that the supremes have already held constitutional using the VRA it's time to take the power out of his hands. He knows it will be overturned in court, but he waited three years to make the decision so Texas could not get through the process before the election. He used his office to deny Texans, due process and I hope he burns in hell.

The more you complain the more you seem like all those shitheads that prompted the federal government to step in and make voting more fair. Left to itself Texas and most of the other red states cannot be trusted not to stack things in republican's favor especially with the ever increasing clout of the Hispanic voters who frankly scare the bejesus out of Texas republicans.

Stop giving a bunch of bull shit alligations, give specifics, I vote here I know how it's done. Come on back up the crap your spewing.

Why am i not surprised this Administration would take this stance? 'President of the World' for ya i guess. Is it Election Day yet? Can't come soon enough. Time for a President of the United States of America.

In a development that should outrage every red-blooded, patriotic American...

Every red-blooded, patriotic American should understand the US Constitution and the role the Executive branch plays in foreign treaties and relations with Diplomatic entities.

International election observers planning to visit Texas polling places have “full immunity” from being arrested in the United States, the State Department said when discussing a letter from the Texas Attorney General.

Read more: Outrage: Obama Admin. Says Texans Can't Arrest UN Observers Even if They Violate Texas Law | Restoring Liberty

Right wing bloggers always go on about the Constitution while possessing at best, a sophomoric understanding of constitutional issues.

Great gerneralization there dainty boy, do you posess the capability to be more specific?

Why am i not surprised this Administration would take this stance? 'President of the World' for ya i guess. Is it Election Day yet? Can't come soon enough. Time for a President of the United States of America.

In a development that should outrage every red-blooded, patriotic American, the Obama Administration announced that international observers in the United States cannot be arrested by state law enforcement even if the United Nations representatives violate state law.

As we publicized earlier this week, “United Nations-affiliated election monitors from Europe and central Asia will be at polling places around the U.S. looking for voter suppression activities by conservative groups.” [Click on this "Limited Election Observation Mission to the United States of America" list to see where the international observers will be deploying in your state.]

Unlike Alaska’s current passivity, Texas confronted this offensive intrusion by international observers with a warning from its Attorney General’s office: “[G]roups and individuals from outside the United States do not have jurisdiction to interfere with Texas elections.” The Attorney General himself also threatened that,

individuals from outside the United States are not allowed to influence or interfere with the election process in Texas. This State has robust election laws that were carefully crafted to protect the integrity of our election system. All persons—including persons connected with OSCE—are required to comply with these laws.

Elections and election observation are regulated by state law. The Texas Election Code governs anyone who participates in Texas elections—including representatives of the OSCE. The OSCE’s representatives are not authorized by Texas law to enter a polling place. It may be a criminal offense for OSCE’s representatives to maintain a presence within 100 feet of a polling place’s entrance. Failure to comply with these requirements could subject the OSCE’s representatives to criminal prosecution for violating state law...

Read more: Outrage: Obama Admin. Says Texans Can't Arrest UN Observers Even if They Violate Texas Law | Restoring Liberty
Outrage: Obama Admin. Says Texans Can

Anybody still think Obama is gonna lose?

You can bet he won't win Texas.

In a development that should outrage every red-blooded, patriotic American, the Obama Administration announced that international observers in the United States cannot be arrested by state law enforcement even if the United Nations representatives violate state law.

As we publicized earlier this week, “United Nations-affiliated election monitors from Europe and central Asia will be at polling places around the U.S. looking for voter suppression activities by conservative groups.” [Click on this "Limited Election Observation Mission to the United States of America" list to see where the international observers will be deploying in your state.]

Unlike Alaska’s current passivity, Texas confronted this offensive intrusion by international observers with a warning from its Attorney General’s office: “[G]roups and individuals from outside the United States do not have jurisdiction to interfere with Texas elections.” The Attorney General himself also threatened that,

individuals from outside the United States are not allowed to influence or interfere with the election process in Texas. This State has robust election laws that were carefully crafted to protect the integrity of our election system. All persons—including persons connected with OSCE—are required to comply with these laws.

Elections and election observation are regulated by state law. The Texas Election Code governs anyone who participates in Texas elections—including representatives of the OSCE. The OSCE’s representatives are not authorized by Texas law to enter a polling place. It may be a criminal offense for OSCE’s representatives to maintain a presence within 100 feet of a polling place’s entrance. Failure to comply with these requirements could subject the OSCE’s representatives to criminal prosecution for violating state law...

Anybody still think Obama is gonna lose?

You can bet he won't win Texas.

:lol::lol: Of course he won't. Who ever thought he would? :lol::lol::lol:

Translation. The Constitution gives treaties the power of law. Texas can't make up laws that violate our treaties.
Who is "making up" any laws?

And, the US Constitution is the Supreme Law of the Land. If you need me to link to the definition of 'supreme', I'll be happy to do so.

If Texas tries to apply its election law, to keep monitors away from the process, they're making up a law that violates the Constitutional power of international treaties. They have no practical reason to evade our treaty obligations, unless there's something they want hidden, like voter suppression.

I suggest you understand the power that the Constitution grants the President, with advise and consent, of the Senate, regarding treaties, and the States are bound by them.

Prove a treaty exist. Since you haven't done so to this point it can only be assumed your nothing but a lying troll slimeball.

Spoken like a true America haating libtarded idiot. The UN has NO business observing our elections.

Let me ask, outside of Texas (which needs to leave the Union), is it ILLEGAL to observe elections? Will I be arrested for observing?

:eusa_eh:
Texas needs to leave the Union?

:eusa_hand:

Are you advertising for the state?

Texas will be happy if they leave the Union....the Union will be happy if Texas leaves. This is a win/win situation. It' cannot happen soon enough.

Let me ask, outside of Texas (which needs to leave the Union), is it ILLEGAL to observe elections? Will I be arrested for observing?

Texas will be happy if they leave the Union....the Union will be happy if Texas leaves. This is a win/win situation. It' cannot happen soon enough.
Why do you hate Texas?

Could it be the way we shoot spiders when they ain't lookin'?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kJwrcqmRjg]Spider Shooting - YouTube[/ame]

Why do you hate Texas?

Don't hate Texas....just want them to be happy....as their own country.

Why do you hate Texas?

Don't hate Texas....just want them to be happy....as their own country.
LMAO. Of course you don't hate Texas; you just want them out of the Union.

Same ol' Bodey.

Pig.

If they don't have a diplomatic passport, then they are subject to Texas law. However, if they do, then Texas can't lay a glove on them.

Forum List

Back