Outrage: Obama Admin Says Texans Can't Arrest UN Observers Even If They Violate Law

These international observers can be counted on to obey the law, but you cannot say that about the conservative groups that are the vocal opponents to allowing them around. Why are they defensive? What do they have to hide? A free and fair election should stand up to any amount of scrutiny.

I don't have anything to hide, but I don't want government, of any sort, monitoring my life. This whole UN monitoring idea is an insult to America. Especially, since many of the monitors will be from countries that don't know what a free or fair election means.

The UN observers will have diplomatic immunity, but that does not mean they cannot be thrown out of any voting place, that state law prohibits non citizens from being in attendence.

These people are highly professional, when they say observe that is what they are doing, all they will be doing. They will not interfere even if they witness blatant wrongdoing. Texas has nothing to fear except what may end up in their report after the fact.
And what do you expect the government to do with that information? Overturn the election (but only if Romney wins)?

Obama has every right and duty to uphold the constitution. A valid international treaty supersedes state law.

Wrong. No valid treaty can violate the Constitution of the United States, which says the states set their election rules, not the federal government. Furthermore, when did the Senate approve any treaty with these OSCE assholes?

Actually Article VI states that the Federal Constitution, Federal Law, and Federal Treaties are the supreme law of the land.

IIRC the United States is a signatory of the treaties for the Helsinki Accords and the Paris Charter, the treaties under which the OSCE exists.

>>>>

Obama has every right and duty to uphold the constitution. A valid international treaty supersedes state law.

Wrong. No valid treaty can violate the Constitution of the United States, which says the states set their election rules, not the federal government. Furthermore, when did the Senate approve any treaty with these OSCE assholes?

In 1990, under GWH Bush. And yes, the Federal Government can force states to amend their voting laws. Were you on Mars the past two months? Federal Courts have overturned many of the States voting laws.

Texas will do what Texas needs to do in upholding the law. Obama doesn't have a leg to stand on in telling a State they cannot arrest someone who breaks the law.
Fuck you skumbag whore! You don't want UN officials there so they don't see the un-American voter suppression and intimidation being done by the conservative terrorist group "True-the-vote" at several polling places throughout the nation.

I'll tell you what I'm gonna do, if anyone of those mother-fuckers get within 5 feet of me when I'm voting, I will treat as aggression and respond accordingly.

What fuckin' hypocrites you people are! We both know if the delegation was from Israel, you anti-American skumbags wouldn't be issuing any warnings.

internettoughguy.jpg

You stupid bunch of wingnut assholes. You haven't yet figured out that OSCE is not the UN. You haven't yet figured out that our membership in the organization was signed by GWH Bush in 1990. You fucking morons are too stupid to realize that American signed treaties trump some tin foil state laws.

Now go and fucking secede, Texas. Good fucking riddance. On your own, you'll be back as part of Mexico in no time, and the Real Americans won't have to put up with your chauvinistic belief in your own exceptionalism.

Doesn't work that way, dumb ass. treaties do not trump state or federal law. period. As long as they do not violate existing state or federal law, if ratified by the Senate, treaties have the same force as a state or federal law.

You stupid bunch of wingnut assholes. You haven't yet figured out that OSCE is not the UN.
You're either a liar or borderline criminally stupid.

The OSCE is an ad hoc organization under the United Nations Charter (Chap. VIII)

Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh, and GHWB was a globalist, warmongering, neocon tool, so his signing on with U.N .internationalist meddling and do-goodery comes as no surprise.

he is both. repeatedly.

Why am i not surprised this Administration would take this stance? 'President of the World' for ya i guess. Is it Election Day yet? Can't come soon enough. Time for a President of the United States of America.

In a development that should outrage every red-blooded, patriotic American, the Obama Administration announced that international observers in the United States cannot be arrested by state law enforcement even if the United Nations representatives violate state law.

As we publicized earlier this week, “United Nations-affiliated election monitors from Europe and central Asia will be at polling places around the U.S. looking for voter suppression activities by conservative groups.” [Click on this "Limited Election Observation Mission to the United States of America" list to see where the international observers will be deploying in your state.]

Unlike Alaska’s current passivity, Texas confronted this offensive intrusion by international observers with a warning from its Attorney General’s office: “[G]roups and individuals from outside the United States do not have jurisdiction to interfere with Texas elections.” The Attorney General himself also threatened that,

individuals from outside the United States are not allowed to influence or interfere with the election process in Texas. This State has robust election laws that were carefully crafted to protect the integrity of our election system. All persons—including persons connected with OSCE—are required to comply with these laws.

Elections and election observation are regulated by state law. The Texas Election Code governs anyone who participates in Texas elections—including representatives of the OSCE. The OSCE’s representatives are not authorized by Texas law to enter a polling place. It may be a criminal offense for OSCE’s representatives to maintain a presence within 100 feet of a polling place’s entrance. Failure to comply with these requirements could subject the OSCE’s representatives to criminal prosecution for violating state law...

Read more: Outrage: Obama Admin. Says Texans Can't Arrest UN Observers Even if They Violate Texas Law | Restoring Liberty
Outrage: Obama Admin. Says Texans Can

Obama does not have the power to stop state law.

no, it doesn't. dumb ass.

Texas will do what Texas needs to do in upholding the law. Obama doesn't have a leg to stand on in telling a State they cannot arrest someone who breaks the law.
Fuck you skumbag whore! You don't want UN officials there so they don't see the un-American voter suppression and intimidation being done by the conservative terrorist group "True-the-vote" at several polling places throughout the nation.

I'll tell you what I'm gonna do, if anyone of those mother-fuckers get within 5 feet of me when I'm voting, I will treat as aggression and respond accordingly.

What fuckin' hypocrites you people are! We both know if the delegation was from Israel, you anti-American skumbags wouldn't be issuing any warnings.
What's the matter, bitch, cat got your crotch?

I do believe I made the fuckin' skank speechless!

Why am i not surprised this Administration would take this stance? 'President of the World' for ya i guess. Is it Election Day yet? Can't come soon enough. Time for a President of the United States of America.

In a development that should outrage every red-blooded, patriotic American, the Obama Administration announced that international observers in the United States cannot be arrested by state law enforcement even if the United Nations representatives violate state law.

As we publicized earlier this week, “United Nations-affiliated election monitors from Europe and central Asia will be at polling places around the U.S. looking for voter suppression activities by conservative groups.” [Click on this "Limited Election Observation Mission to the United States of America" list to see where the international observers will be deploying in your state.]

Unlike Alaska’s current passivity, Texas confronted this offensive intrusion by international observers with a warning from its Attorney General’s office: “[G]roups and individuals from outside the United States do not have jurisdiction to interfere with Texas elections.” The Attorney General himself also threatened that,

individuals from outside the United States are not allowed to influence or interfere with the election process in Texas. This State has robust election laws that were carefully crafted to protect the integrity of our election system. All persons—including persons connected with OSCE—are required to comply with these laws.

Elections and election observation are regulated by state law. The Texas Election Code governs anyone who participates in Texas elections—including representatives of the OSCE. The OSCE’s representatives are not authorized by Texas law to enter a polling place. It may be a criminal offense for OSCE’s representatives to maintain a presence within 100 feet of a polling place’s entrance. Failure to comply with these requirements could subject the OSCE’s representatives to criminal prosecution for violating state law...

Read more: Outrage: Obama Admin. Says Texans Can't Arrest UN Observers Even if They Violate Texas Law | Restoring Liberty
Outrage: Obama Admin. Says Texans Can

The U.N. is comprised of the biggest losers from all over the world. I don't trust them one iota. And with diplomatic immunity, they could literally rape or murder and the police can't touch them. They could interfere with elections and threaten people and the police could only stand and watch, but can't stop them.

The U.N. has a clear agenda that is anti-American and those pieces of shit have no business anywhere near our polls.

The OSCE is not the UN. Please stop perpetuating this lie.

the association between the OSCE and the UN has been posted, dumb ass. quit lying.

no, it doesn't Dickless. look it up.

You're an idiot. You ought to look it up. Can a state law supercede NAFTA? Can they impose tariffs on Canadian goods? Only a complete lying hack, like yourself would believe that a State can pass a law that supersedes a treaty.

The U.N. is comprised of the biggest losers from all over the world. I don't trust them one iota. And with diplomatic immunity, they could literally rape or murder and the police can't touch them. They could interfere with elections and threaten people and the police could only stand and watch, but can't stop them.

The U.N. has a clear agenda that is anti-American and those pieces of shit have no business anywhere near our polls.

The OSCE is not the UN. Please stop perpetuating this lie.

the association between the OSCE and the UN has been posted, dumb ass. quit lying.

You stupid scumbag. There's a difference between having an association, with the UN, and what you lying wingnuts are claiming, i.e. these are UN monitors. What a pathetic little wanker you are.

These international observers can be counted on to obey the law, but you cannot say that about the conservative groups that are the vocal opponents to allowing them around. Why are they defensive? What do they have to hide? A free and fair election should stand up to any amount of scrutiny.

The UN has a terrible record for upholding human rights. It seems every where they go to "help", the "people" end up in deplorable conditions while the UN workers take advantage of them. Just why does the UN need to be here?

Another ignorant knuckle head who doesn't know that the OSCE is NOT part of the UN.

you're a moron.

United Nations - Secretariat - External Co-operation
The OSCE recognizes that the United Nations Security Council bears primary responsibility for the maintenance of international peace and security. Thus, the United Nations is the OSCE's primary partner organization. In 1992, the participating States declared the OSCE (at that time CSCE) to be "a regional arrangement in the sense of Chapter VIII of the Charter of the United Nations". In 1993, a Framework for Co-operation and Co-ordination between the United Nations Secretariat and the CSCE was agreed upon, and in the same year the UN granted the CSCE observer status.

Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The OSCE considers itself a regional organization in the sense of Chapter VIII of the United Nations Charter[5] and is an observer in the United Nations General Assembly.[6] The Chairman-in-Office gives routine briefings to the United Nations Security Council.[7]

Concerned About Conservatives, UN Affiliate to Monitor U.S. Election (notice the word affiliate? look it up, Dickless)

no, it doesn't Dickless. look it up.

You're an idiot. You ought to look it up. Can a state law supercede NAFTA? Can they impose tariffs on Canadian goods? Only a complete lying hack, like yourself would believe that a State can pass a law that supersedes a treaty.

show mew where I said anything about passing laws? I said state laws cannot be superseded by treaties. That means EXISTING laws, dumb ass.

Look back you'll see this post...

Doesn't work that way, dumb ass. treaties do not trump state or federal law. period. As long as they do not violate existing state or federal law, if ratified by the Senate, treaties have the same force as a state or federal law.

You claim to know the Constitution, but you know jack shit about it.

You stupid bunch of wingnut assholes. You haven't yet figured out that OSCE is not the UN. You haven't yet figured out that our membership in the organization was signed by GWH Bush in 1990. You fucking morons are too stupid to realize that American signed treaties trump some tin foil state laws.

Now go and fucking secede, Texas. Good fucking riddance. On your own, you'll be back as part of Mexico in no time, and the Real Americans won't have to put up with your chauvinistic belief in your own exceptionalism.

Go be a world citizen instead of a US citizen faggot, the only thing that will miss you is your pet sheep.....

What an ignorant pussy you are. Where was your outrage when GWH Bush signed the treaty to join the OCSE? Where was your black helicopter schtick when GW Bush invited the OSCE to monitor US elections since 2002. You're a lying little idiot. No you stupid motherfucker, it's not about me wanting or not wanting to become a world citizen, it's me understanding our Constitution, and like it or not, respecting it.

Sorry, but those facts don't change when you all of a sudden put on your brown shirt, and ignore what your Bush boys did.

If you show me where Bush said not to arrest them if they violate the law, you might have something. If not, you have nothing but a funny meltdown and yet another massive fail.... :thup:

Go be a world citizen instead of a US citizen faggot, the only thing that will miss you is your pet sheep.....

What an ignorant pussy you are. Where was your outrage when GWH Bush signed the treaty to join the OCSE? Where was your black helicopter schtick when GW Bush invited the OSCE to monitor US elections since 2002. You're a lying little idiot. No you stupid motherfucker, it's not about me wanting or not wanting to become a world citizen, it's me understanding our Constitution, and like it or not, respecting it.

Sorry, but those facts don't change when you all of a sudden put on your brown shirt, and ignore what your Bush boys did.

If you show me where Bush said not to arrest them if they violate the law, you might have something. If not, you have nothing but a funny meltdown and yet another massive fail.... :thup:

It's you paranoid bitches who seem to be having a meltdown, with images of black helicoptors dancing in your point heads. As stated over and over, OSCE has been monitoring US elections since 2002, and none of you tin foil idiots said a word about it until now.

Forum List

Back