Outrage in Saudi Arabia after female British TV presenter becomes the first woman eve

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
What I think is ridiculous about this is that there are so many Saudis with money who leave the country with their families for places like Great Britain and America and they see uncovered women all the time. Maybe some of the viewers of this forum have had an occasion to have to go to Bahrain with a stopover at Riyadh. On the plane out of Europe the women are dressed in Western clothes. When the plane is going to land soon in Riyadh, the women get up and go to the restroom to get covered up again.

Outrage in Saudi Arabia after female British TV presenter becomes the first woman ever to read the news in the country without a veil

By DAN BLOOM
4 August 2014 | UPDATED: 14:09 EST, 4 August 2014

A newsreader has caused a stir in Saudi Arabia by shunning traditional Islamic dress to deliver a bulletin 'bare-headed'.

The presenter was broadcasting from the London studio of Al Ekhbariya, a state-owned news channel which featured the Kingdom's first female newsreader when it launched a decade ago.

Women often appear on Saudi TV without wearing headscarves or veils, but the appearance was thought by many to be the first by a newsreader on a government-owned station.

Read more:

Outrage in Saudi Arabia after female presenter reads the news in the country without a veil | Mail Online

What's the problem here? I don't mean with Saudi Arabia, I mean with the critics of Saudi Arabia. What kind of bigots hate diversity so much that they direct hate and bile at a nation which follows different customs than those which they favor?

What's the problem here? I don't mean with Saudi Arabia, I mean with the critics of Saudi Arabia. What kind of bigots hate diversity so much that they direct hate and bile at a nation which follows different customs than those which they favor?

Gosh, maybe you had better tell your friends in ISIS that they shouldn't say everyone should be covered up. By the way, it appears that in the Muslim world, they themselves don't enjoy diversity and everyone has to dress just like they say they have to. Perhaps you have no problem with that.

Moreover, I was bringing up what hypocrites these Saudis can be when they can leave the country, see people in Western dress, and it doesn't seem to bother them.
Other than that, since you felt you had to make a statement, how about making a statement about what is going on in the rest of the Middle East which is actually far more important than diversity.

Did we just read the same OP? She said she thought it was ridiculous. I fail to see any hate or bile going on here, Rikurzhen. This is a message board. We are allowed to share our thoughts here in America. Welcome to USMB as I see you are new here.

about time.

Aris, do you remember all the photographs of the Iranian girl students sitting in a classroom back in the 40's or 50's? They had nice hairstyles, no one was wearing a veil. It may have been prior to the 50's. When was it that they began to wear the hajib? Wasn't it after the Catholic nuns were seen wearing the black robes and white habits with the veils that the hajib began? I cannot recall the story but I know those photos were widely circulated and remember seeing them.

Indeed. What business does Saudi Arabia have telling a British woman what to do? Are they now going to attempt to impose their will about the hajib ( which they impose on their own people ) on the British people too? That young lady needs to speak up and say not in Britain you don't!

Indeed. What business does Saudi Arabia have telling a British woman what to do? Are they now going to attempt to impose their will about the hajib ( which they impose on their own people ) on the British people too? That young lady needs to speak up and say not in Britain you don't!

I was speaking more from the fact that Saudi Arabia allowed such a news feed into their airwaves. They didn't have to do this. They allowed it.

And that... is interesting.

Gosh, maybe you had better tell your friends in ISIS that they shouldn't say everyone should be covered up. By the way, it appears that in the Muslim world, they themselves don't enjoy diversity and everyone has to dress just like they say they have to. Perhaps you have no problem with that.

I have absolutely no problem with that. What you referenced is diversity. Let me explain this simple concept to you.

If you take a cup of red paint, another cup of yellow paint and a third cup of black paint and mix them together, you have diversity as liberals understand the term. However, if you just let the 3 cups of paint sit there on the workbench, unmixed, you also have diversity.

Do you see how that works?

If Tokyo is all Japanese people and Helsinki is filled entirely with Finns, then these two cities are very diverse from each other.

Liberals are on a mission to destroy diversity in the world by mixing all the cities so that, eventually, Helsinki and Tokyo will be identical in that their populations will be mixed together.

When I fly into Tokyo I want to know that I'm in Tokyo, not some variant of Los Angeles.

Moreover, I was bringing up what hypocrites these Saudis can be when they can leave the country, see people in Western dress, and it doesn't seem to bother them.

They're not hypocrites, they're respectful travelers. They want their society to be as they desire it and they don't impose their viewpoints on the societies in which they are tourists. They respect diversity rather than seeking to destroy it like liberals. When they leave Saudi Arabia and travel to London, they enter a different, a diverse, culture. When they return back to Riyadh, they once again experience a different, a diverse culture, compared to what they just left in the UK.

Criticizing the left's penchant for cultural genocide, the erasing of all diverse cultures and the formation of a worldwide, polycultural mishmash doesn't make them hypocrites, it makes them defenders of cultural diversity.

I have absolutely no problem with that. What you referenced is diversity. Let me explain this simple concept to you.

If you take a cup of red paint, another cup of yellow paint and a third cup of black paint and mix them together, you have diversity as liberals understand the term. However, if you just let the 3 cups of paint sit there on the workbench, unmixed, you also have diversity.

Do you see how that works?

If Tokyo is all Japanese people and Helsinki is filled entirely with Finns, then these two cities are very diverse from each other.

Liberals are on a mission to destroy diversity in the world by mixing all the cities so that, eventually, Helsinki and Tokyo will be identical in that their populations will be mixed together.

When I fly into Tokyo I want to know that I'm in Tokyo, not some variant of Los Angeles.

They're not hypocrites, they're respectful travelers. They want their society to be as they desire it and they don't impose their viewpoints on the societies in which they are tourists. They respect diversity rather than seeking to destroy it like liberals. When they leave Saudi Arabia and travel to London, they enter a different, a diverse, culture. When they return back to Riyadh, they once again experience a different, a diverse culture, compared to what they just left in the UK.

Criticizing the left's penchant for cultural genocide, the erasing of all diverse cultures and the formation of a worldwide, polycultural mishmash doesn't make them hypocrites, it makes them defenders of cultural diversity.

Yeah, those respectful Saudi men have no problem landing at the Jet Center in Las Vegas on their own private planes with their blond bimbos in tow. Their bimbos certainly are not covered up.

I live in Los Angeles and see diversity every day. This is a city populated by people from all over the world -- Iranians, Asians, Filipinos, Ethiopians, Indians, Russia. etc People can dress in whatever way they want to -- covered up, in saris, dressed like they are members of the Taliban, shorts, jeans, t-shirts, etc. Do you think that if many of us lived in some Middle East Muslim country they would be pleased to have diversity if we continued to dress like ordinary everyday Americans? Somehow I doubt it very, very much.

So regardless of what you are saying, I still think it was ridiculous that there was an uproar over the woman reading the news. Carry on though. I know you will give us many interesting news items about what is going on in all the countries in the Middle East, like important issues such as people being killed because of their religious beliefs which to me is a more important topic than any diversity.

Do you think that if many of us lived in some Middle East Muslim country they would be pleased to have diversity if we continued to dress like ordinary everyday Americans? Somehow I doubt it very, very much.

You're correct, they'd be unhappy because you'd be destroying diversity. You'd be making Riyadh look like Los Angeles. I don't understand the modern liberal fascination with destroying diversity.

Do you think that if many of us lived in some Middle East Muslim country they would be pleased to have diversity if we continued to dress like ordinary everyday Americans? Somehow I doubt it very, very much.

You're correct, they'd be unhappy because you'd be destroying diversity. You'd be making Riyadh look like Los Angeles. I don't understand the modern liberal fascination with destroying diversity.

So what you are actually saying is that Riyadh doesn't want diversity like Los Angeles has with so many different groups of people living in this city and dresses the way they please, with many dressing just like they did in the countries of their origin. Wow, do we have diversity here that Riyadh should be envious of us.

I'll tell you what. I will worry about people murdering others for their religious beliefs or sects. You worry about diversity and culture since that is something I don't have to worry about in this city. Additionally, I just know that you will contact the Chinese authorities in Tibet and tell them to stop forcing the young Tibetan women to have abortions to kill out the Tibetan culture. See, we both can worry about different things. That's what makes the world go round.

I was speaking more from the fact that Saudi Arabia allowed such a news feed into their airwaves. They didn't have to do this. They allowed it.

Could it be the start of women's rights in Saudi, haven't some started driving cars on public roads ?

Could it be the start of women's rights in Saudi, haven't some started driving cars on public roads ?

All they need to do is look to the West to see what women's rights brings about for society. The after effects are there for all to behold.

I think it will be a long time before the copy the wonderfully liberal Abortion rights that women in Israel have. Dont you agree [MENTION=35705]Phoenall[/MENTION] Historical abortion statistics, Israel

Yet I see the muslims trying to turn the U.K. into variants of Beirut, Ramallah, Riyadh, gaza, bagdad etc and wanting the indigenous to be forced into Islamic ways. With the muslims it is a one way street and that street leads to death or islam. The refusal to integrate into society is evident everywhere you look, with Islamic ghettos of their making dotted around inner city areas. Gangs of feral children throwing stones and other missiles at cars that pass too close to the Islamic ghettos. Reports of beatings, drug dealing and prostitution in very close proximity to the ghettos are commonplace. Then we have the intimidation by gangs of teenaged muslims blaring bangla music from their high power car ICE systems to force elderly residents to sell their homes cheaply.
Very nearly all the mosques are owned by the Saudi deobandi and whahabi cults who preach that all Jews and Christians are apes and dogs, and that homosexuals should be murdered.

Time to remove this cancer from our midst and to stop it from spreading even further by encasing it behind a steel and concrete wall

about time.

Aris, do you remember all the photographs of the Iranian girl students sitting in a classroom back in the 40's or 50's? They had nice hairstyles, no one was wearing a veil. It may have been prior to the 50's. When was it that they began to wear the hajib? Wasn't it after the Catholic nuns were seen wearing the black robes and white habits with the veils that the hajib began? I cannot recall the story but I know those photos were widely circulated and remember seeing them.

Islam: The Origin of Hijab | NEVER MIND

girls 1970's
25l.jpg

i was speaking more from the fact that saudi arabia allowed such a news feed into their airwaves. They didn't have to do this. They allowed it.

And that... Is interesting.

could it be the start of women's rights in saudi, haven't some started driving cars on public roads ?

all they need to do is look to the west to see what women's rights brings about for society. The after effects are there for all to behold.

examples ?

about time.

Islam: The Origin of Hijab | NEVER MIND

girls 1970's
25l.jpg
Your are being disingenuous with that picture.

It's an all girls school......so of course they aren't wearing their hajib in class.

But once the girls get out of class and leave the school.

That's when the girls put on the hajib to cover their hair. ... :cool:

Forum List

Back