"Our smartest President" flubs geography

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
Check the video at about 3:05. I had no idea Savannah was on the Gulf Coast. And I visited there every summmer growing up.

Last edited by a moderator:
He was talking about the widening of Panama canal and how we "need to deepen our ports." He even begins with SC (thats South Carolina for those who need remediation....*cough* Rabbi) and then says savannah Georgia. Obviously referring to eastern seaboard ports.

Genius.

He was talking about the widening of Panama canal and how we "need to deepen our ports." He even begins with SC (thats South Carolina for those who need remediation....*cough* Rabbi) and then says savannah Georgia. Obviously referring to eastern seaboard ports.

Genius.

Was there a point ot that or do you think people can't understand Obama's Negro accent?

You notice he didnt mention Houston which ranks first in foreign goods in the US. To many pesky republicans there.
And of course he wants to increase business at the ports,it's where all the union workers are.

That video is why Obama was put in power. He's such a good liar and you WANT to believe him even when he just drones on with another one of his patented boilerplate speeches.

The Federal Reserve could give ALL cities low interest loans to fix up their infrastructure but it's too busy loaning out to Banks that take that money and play the Stock Market.

SIDEBAR: I read that Jay doesn't look at the people he interviews, he just looks off to the left of who ever's there.

Last edited:

Genius.

Was there a point ot that or do you think people can't understand Obama's Negro accent?

The point, you racist fucktard, is that he didn't flub geography. What did happen, is your pea brain failed to comprehend what he was saying. Then you made a thread about it.

A regular fucking Einstein, aren't ya?

:eusa_whistle:

Genius.

The point, you racist fucktard, is that he didn't flub geography. What did happen, is your pea brain failed to comprehend what he was saying. Then you made a thread about it.

A regular fucking Einstein, aren't ya?

:eusa_whistle:

I realize you're a libertarian so that makes you clueless just by definition.
What he says is:
If we don't deepen our ports all along the Gulf, places like Charleston, South Caroline, Savannah Georgia, or Jacksonville Florida--if we don't do that those ships are going to go someplace else and we'll lose jobs.

So "ports all along the gulf, places like Charleston, implies to a regular English speaker that Charleston et al are all along the Gulf.
Now, look at the map in your 5th grade book (I realize you flunked 5th grade but maybe they let you keep the book) and you'll see that all the places he names are nowhere near the Gulf. They are on the Atlantic instead.
So which of us is a "regular Fucking Einstein"?

If ya'll want to bash Obama, come over to my "Phony Scandals" thread where there is real stuff to criticize.

The fact is the work is already in progress to widen and deepen the Panama Canal to accommodate the new generation of wider, heavier merchant ships that will have drafts requiring deeper water to navigate than exists in many ports today. The USA is not the only nation with the problem or that will need to find solutions for it.

Our southeast Atlantic coast has four international merchant ports: Wilmington NC, Charleston SC, Savannah GA and Jacksonfille FL and none are 50 feet deep. The Army Corps of Engineers is the group that will do the dredging at a cost of $100 to $150k per port which altogether would be a rounding error on the General Motors bailout. But we do need to get started because the process takes a long time and those ports will lose a lot of business, with ripple affects across the country, if we don't do it.

It would have been nice though if the wasted stimulus money had been devoted to something useful like deepening and widening the channels into the ports. Why are we already five years into the Obama Administration before attention is given to this while so much attention has been given to train wrecks like Obamacare and other initiatives that have wasted billions and/or are producing dubious results? So much good could have been done while time and money has been squandered. And so far Obama has so few good results to show us.

Last edited:
And through which route does shipping take to port in Savannah, SC or Fl?

Can you say panama canal? Can you say Seuz canal?

I realize you want this to be a "gotcha" moment on the president, the the reality is, those ports ship lines come through the gulf.

Oh, nevermind. I realize this is really advanced stuff in trade routes.

You go ahead with your "gotcha" moment, Rabbi. :lmao:

And through which route does shipping take to port in Savannah, SC or Fl?

Can you say panama canal? Can you say Seuz canal?

I realize you want this to be a "gotcha" moment on the president, the the reality is, those ports ship lines come through the gulf.

Oh, nevermind. I realize this is really advanced stuff in trade routes.

You go ahead with your "gotcha" moment, Rabbi. :lmao:

Wow just can't admit you missed it, eh?
I guess that's why you're a narco-libertarian. Go get some 420 and leave the rest of us alone.

Forum List

Back