"our job is to bash the president".. Is the MSM doing it's job???

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Editor of NewsWeek Evan Thomas was quoted....
Well, our job is to bash the president, that's what we do." --
Evan Thomas responding to a question on whether the media's unfair to Bush on the TV talk show Inside Washington,
February 2, 2007.Newsweek's Evan Thomas: 'Our Job Is To Bash the President' | NewsBusters.org

So what kind of job is the MSM doing today with regards to Obama???

Well let's start with Evan Thomas... Editor of NewsWeek..
But then when it comes to Obama???

I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God."
Evan Thomas on Hardball, June 5, 2009.
Newsweek

another MSM reporter..Chris Matthews..
Last night[2/13/08] during MSNBC's Potomac Primary coverage, Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann were discussing Barack Obama's speech. Matthews — who, in the past, has both cried over an Obama speech and compared him to Jesus — described exactly what happens to him when Obama speaks
"I have to tell you, you know, it's part of reporting this case, this election, the feeling most people get when they hear Barack Obama's speech. My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often.
Chris Matthews: "I Felt This Thrill Going Up My Leg" As Obama Spoke

And when considering the MSM as a group would someone explain this if these are professional, OBJECTIVE UNBIASED "journalists"???

The Democratic total of $1,020,816 was given by 1,160 employees of the three major broadcast television networks, with an average contribution of $880.

By contrast, only 193 of the employees contributed to Republican candidates and campaign committees, for a total of $142,863.

The average Republican contribution was $744.
Obama, Democrats got 88 percent of 2008 contributions by TV network execs, writers, reporters | The Daily Caller

85% of the 1,353 employees three major broadcast television networks gave to the Democrats.. geez.. do you think they might be a little biased?????

Recent studies of MSM bias has shown this:

But the mainstream media coverage was a far different story.
According to Pew, “42% of the character narrative” about Obama was positive on mainstream networks such as ABC, NBC, and CBS while 58% was negative.

On the other hand, only 29 percent of the narrative on Governor Romney was positive while 71 percent was negative.

“The mainstream media’s bias against Republicans is obvious, and that is why they focused on issues that have nothing to do with the economy to protect Obama,” writes Breitbart’s Tony Lee.
Study Finds Widespread Bias in Mainstream Media Coverage of Election | Women of Grace

How about some quotes from FOX? They certainly do a good job of bashing the President, don't they?

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot. The network with the highest rated news programming is NOT a part of the Mainstream Media, is it? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

How about some quotes from FOX? They certainly do a good job of bashing the President, don't they?

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot. The network with the highest rated news programming is NOT a part of the Mainstream Media, is it? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

There was no need to do that as I'm a BIASED commentator... JUST as Rush, Sean, and others who LET you know they are conservatives !
But the point which obviously goes WAY WAY OVER YOUR head is that the supposedly MSM comprised of Objective, unbiased seasoned journalists should NOT be presenting stories favoring Democrats and bashing GOP... BUT THEY DO and at the same time beat their chests about being "professionals"... "no bias"!

There presentation alone in the studies showing
According to Pew, “42% of the character narrative” about Obama was positive on mainstream networks such as ABC, NBC, and CBS while 58% was negative.

On the other hand, only 29 percent of the narrative on Governor Romney was positive while 71 percent was negative.

Explain that in conjunction with this:
85% of the 1,353 employees three major broadcast television networks gave to the Democrats.. geez.. do you think they might be a little biased?????

So if Fox NEWS reporters are doing their JOB by presenting ALL aspects of Obama... THEY Are accused of BIAS!!!

YOU SEE? If 85% journalists GAVE to Obama... WHY would they "bash Obama"... they like Evan Thomas see him as a God// a leg tingler like Matthews!!!

There was no need to do that as I'm a BIASED commentator... JUST as Rush, Sean, and others who LET you know they are conservatives !
But the point which obviously goes WAY WAY OVER YOUR head is that the supposedly MSM comprised of Objective, unbiased seasoned journalists should NOT be presenting stories favoring Democrats and bashing GOP... BUT THEY DO and at the same time beat their chests about being "professionals"... "no bias"!

So if Fox NEWS reporters are doing their JOB by presenting ALL aspects of Obama... THEY Are accused of BIAS!!!

YOU SEE? If 85% journalists GAVE to Obama... WHY would they "bash Obama"... they like Evan Thomas see him as a God// a leg tingler like Matthews!!!

Was FOX biased when they DIDN'T trash Bush? Or, is that a standard only other outlets are held to?

And why do you think it is the HIGHEST RATED NEWS???? Do you watch Fox like I do and if you do, maybe if you stopped watching if an IQ study was done then after you stopped would show IQ level of those still watching had increased 100%!!!!!

Was FOX biased when they DIDN'T trash Bush? Or, is that a standard only other outlets are held to?

NO they were as advertised "Fair and Balance"...
And here is the UCLA study that shows that...
where is your proof in all your subjective, hyperbolic rants???

Since you obviously suffer from ADS and have an 30 second attention span...

As this UCLA study shows... their conclusion is YES Fox is right of center while ALL OTHER major networks are LEFT of center..
DISTINCTION is all the others present themselves as Objective, unbiased... YET STUDIES SHOW they as this example illustrate PUSH NEGATIVE news regarding GOP and
minimize negative news regarding Obama...

Of the 20 major media outlets studied, 18 scored left of center, with CBS' "Evening News," The New York Times and the Los Angeles Times ranking second, third and fourth most liberal behind the news pages of The Wall Street Journal.

Only Fox News' "Special Report With Brit Hume" and The Washington Times scored right of the average U.S. voter.

The most centrist outlet proved to be the "NewsHour With Jim Lehrer." CNN's "NewsNight With Aaron Brown" and ABC's "Good Morning America" were a close second and third.

"Our estimates for these outlets, we feel, give particular credibility to our efforts, as three of the four moderators for the 2004 presidential and vice-presidential debates came from these three news outlets — Jim Lehrer, Charlie Gibson and Gwen Ifill," Groseclose said. "If these newscasters weren't centrist, staffers for one of the campaign teams would have objected and insisted on other moderators."

The fourth most centrist outlet was "Special Report With Brit Hume" on Fox News, which often is cited by liberals as an egregious example of a right-wing outlet. While this news program proved to be right of center, the study found ABC's "World News Tonight" and NBC's "Nightly News" to be left of center. All three outlets were approximately equidistant from the center, the report found.

"If viewers spent an equal amount of time watching Fox's 'Special Report' as ABC's 'World News' and NBC's 'Nightly News,' then they would receive a nearly perfectly balanced version of the news," said Milyo, an associate professor of economics and public affairs at the University of Missouri at Columbia
Media Bias Is Real, Finds UCLA Political Scientist / UCLA Newsroom

You know guys like the "Oldguy" really exemplify the lack of intelligence of Obama supporters,etc. because "Oldguy" like his Obamatron buddies almost NEVER have any substantiation or documentation of their hyperbole!

fox's ratings beats out cnn, cnbc and msnbc combined !! people would rather hear the truth !!

fox's ratings beats out cnn, cnbc and msnbc combined !! people would rather hear the truth !!

I agree and the reason I watch Fox is they respect MY intelligence to take the NEWS they report and decide... NOT filter the news with bias they WANT me to form opinions on that influence legislation!

Case in point Fox is the ONLY outlet staying on top of Benghazi and trying to get people to understand that this false premise that video influenced attack on the embassy was wrong... and yet the same people that put that story out pooh pooh video game violence influenced the Newport killings!

So Fox is showing BOTH sides of the story!!! NOT spinning it ...

OH I didn't SAY the MSM doesn't BASH Obama... THEY do!
But they've NEVER at the level they did to Bush bash Obama!

Again.. statistics...

Pew: Fox, MSNBC more extreme in campaign's last week - POLITICO.com

Character narrative Obama 42% positive 58% negative
Character narrative Romney 29% positive 71% negative.

So as a viewer and More stories were positive about Obama versus more stories about Romney were negative geez... wouldn't you think some of not MOST of viewers would have a
negative view of Romney and positive view of Obama??? Wait that's how the elections went!!! Isn't that coincidental especially considering 85% of The Democratic total of $1,020,816 was given by 1,160 employees of the three major broadcast television networks, with an average contribution of $880.

By contrast, only 193 of the employees contributed to Republican candidates and campaign committees, for a total of $142,863.

You don't think the employees had a certain bias to make sure MORE positive stories about Obama were shown and MORE Negative stories about Romney were shown???

Forum List

Back