Our Founding Fathers included Islam

Thomas Jefferson didn't just own a Quran -- he engaged with Islam and fought to ensure the rights of Muslims

At a time when most Americans were uninformed, misinformed, or simply afraid of Islam, Thomas Jefferson imagined Muslims as future citizens of his new nation. His engagement with the faith began with the purchase of a Qur’an eleven years before he wrote the Declaration of Independence. Jefferson’s Qur’an survives still in the Library of Congress, serving as a symbol of his and early America’s complex relationship with Islam and its adherents. That relationship remains of signal importance to this day.

Our Founding Fathers included Islam - Salon.com

I think your a muslim not really an atheist at all. Certainly no Jew

Since when is speaking the truth un-Jewish?
Truth about what? this nutjob who is not Jewish, loves islam and slams Christians constantly.Who cares if Jefferson had a koran really? Stupid thread and islam had absolutely nothing to do with the founding of this country so the point of thread is what again? Maybe Leftist hate Christians but love islam:uhoh3: We even have the muslim mouthpiece from CAIR here loving the thread :uhh:

What is there in Judaism that says you must hate Islam? Or must not slam Christianity? Or that there must be a lockstep opinion? I'll say this for Delta - he's an equal opportunity slammer and supporter, I've certainly seen him slam Islam as well as support it depending on the points being made. And that makes him NOT Jewish? Really now.

That among other things, like throwing around the word "goy" "goyum" every other sentence. He's no Jew and you are and muslim mouthpiece :thup:

Islamic scholars played a role in the Renaissance and Enlightenment. Other than that Islam played no role in the founding of our government. Their model for government was Greco-Roman (which happened to be pagan societies, incidentally)

1846030307.jpg

Face it........Islam is now woven into the cultural and political fabric of our nation. ..... :cool:

They don't get it do they? We are of the hip. One of us will cross that finished line and be right. But how can one be wrong when one has faith. Brothers to the end. Well I'm a girl but brothers no matter what.

Thomas Jefferson didn't just own a Quran -- he engaged with Islam and fought to ensure the rights of Muslims

At a time when most Americans were uninformed, misinformed, or simply afraid of Islam, Thomas Jefferson imagined Muslims as future citizens of his new nation. His engagement with the faith began with the purchase of a Qur’an eleven years before he wrote the Declaration of Independence. Jefferson’s Qur’an survives still in the Library of Congress, serving as a symbol of his and early America’s complex relationship with Islam and its adherents. That relationship remains of signal importance to this day.

Our Founding Fathers included Islam - Salon.com

Too bad they can't seem to get along with anyone.

Well who am I to preach. Vigilante faith is different than religion. One day you will understand this. I really believe you will.

Faith is the ability to walk with Jehovah with no fear. To hold his hand like a child. To tremble in his greatness. To embrace him as your father.

He is. He is mine. He is yours.

Well who am I to preach. Vigilante faith is different than religion. One day you will understand this. I really believe you will.

Faith is the ability to walk with Jehovah with no fear. To hold his hand like a child. To tremble in his greatness. To embrace him as your father.

If you're happy with your faith, I salute you. I will stand with you on most agendas, but I will believe when I leave and someone embraces me once I am dust.

The Supreme Court has an image of Muhammed on its wall.

I don't that pedophile should be honored anywhere. That's quite disturbing, IMO. I don't think he was a very good man.

See this is the lie. It took me a while to see the truth. He wasn't a pedophile. Everyone was getting married pre teens back then. Let's get a reality check. Heck almost everyone was getting married at the age of 11 or 12. Let's get honest here.

It is about time we set the record straight.

I don't that pedophile should be honored anywhere. That's quite disturbing, IMO. I don't think he was a very good man.

See this is the lie. It took me a while to see the truth. He wasn't a pedophile. Everyone was getting married pre teens back then. Let's get a reality check. Heck almost everyone was getting married at the age of 11 or 12. Let's get honest here.

I am not going to honor a man like that. Sorry. That is disgusting and disturbing. And no, it was NOT normal for an old man to marry a child. Most people who were married off very young were to arranged marriages, and it wasn't normally a 9 or 10-year-old child to a 50-year-old dude either. They were usually MUCH closer in age, and the arranged marriages were usually reserved for rich people. Super rich elite and royalty have always been super weird.

If you're happy with your faith, I salute you. I will stand with you on most agendas, but I will believe when I leave and someone embraces me once I am dust.

Hey. I love you like a..................fill in the blank. I love you so much. You make coming in here fun.

You really do. Faith is odd. I'm coming up to a decade of having lived thru a particular time in my life where evil reigned. Haunted house. To the point that my husband and I ran with 4 dogs (catahoulas) and two cats in a van to seek out a new life.

So every day is a walk a day in memory. Your pictures crack me up. You always make me laugh.

I'm glad you are out there.

I am not going to honor a man like that. Sorry. That is disgusting and disturbing. And no, it was NOT normal for an old man to marry a child. Most people who were married off very young were to arranged marriages, and it wasn't normally a 9 or 10-year-old child to a 50-year-old dude either. They were usually MUCH closer in age, and the arranged marriages were usually reserved for rich people. Super rich elite and royalty have always been super weird.

Joe is doing his best trying to emulate Muhammad!... The 9 year olds turn him down flat, so he's moved up to the mid 20's!

r9EyttG.jpg

Look whether we like it or not that was considered the norm. That's all I am trying to say. I think it's creepy as hell. Come on. Who finds a 60 year old dude hot? Ok a 50 year old. A 40 year old. No. No. I don't think them hot either. 60 is not hot.

^^^

I should add to this . . . it is a myth that many 12 and 13 year old girls were married off, at least in OUR culture.

Age of Marriage in the U.S. in the 1800s The Classroom Synonym

Between 1800 and 1900, women generally married for the first time between the ages of 20 and 22. Less is known about the average age of first marriages for men during the 19th century. In 1890, when the U.S. Census Bureau started collecting marriage data, it was recorded that the average age of a first marriage for men was 26 years, and the average age of marriage for women was 22 years.

Marriage in the Colonies
The average age of a women who married for the first time rose steadily, although not sharply, from 1800 to 1900. North American colonists tended to get married early due to several factors. The first, and perhaps most important, was simply that they could. Many took the advice of the Bible -- to leave home and create your own family -- to heart, and they had the resources to do it. Land was inexpensive, and there was plenty of it to choose from -- it was simple to set up shop. According to a 2010 article in the "Journal of Southern History" titled "The Effect of the Civil War on Southern Marriage Patterns," early colonists married at an average age of around 20 if they were women, and around 26 if they were men.

The Civil War
With the end of the Civil War in 1865 came a "marriage squeeze" for women, especially in the South. About 620,000 men died in the war, which meant that pickings were slim. Many women married older widowers, or married someone not entirely appropriate -- perhaps above or below their socioeconomic status. This pattern did not last very long, however -- about 10 years -- and it did not significantly affect their average age of marriage, which hovered right around 21. For men, it did not significantly change either as many young men rushed to marriage at the start of the war.

Joe is doing his best trying to emulate Muhammad!... The 9 year olds turn him down flat, so he's moved up to the mid 20's!

r9EyttG.jpg

He's creeping me out man.

Look whether we like it or not that was considered the norm. That's all I am trying to say. I think it's creepy as hell. Come on. Who finds a 60 year old dude hot? Ok a 50 year old. A 40 year old. No. No. I don't think them hot either. 60 is not hot.

That is a very exaggerated myth. Most people were not getting married that young. Most of the people who were married off that young to men that old were royalty, but they also married their sisters, brothers and cousins too.

See my post #35.

But TD, wasn't it you that OOOGLED 68 yr. old B.J. Clinton?

r9EyttG.jpg

He even creeps me out, but THIS is down right WRONG!!!!

giphy.gif

Sends SHIVERS down my spine looking at that!

r9EyttG.jpg

He even creeps me out, but THIS is down right WRONG!!!!

giphy.gif

Sends SHIVERS down my spine looking at that!

Look at how uncomfortable the poor little thing looks. If I had a daughter, there is no way that weirdo would be putting his hands and mouth all over her. I would punch him out! Lol.

Forum List

Back