Our Democrats at work

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
They are trying to force us to register our firearms and pay a tax on all weapons we currently own.

S. 2099 - Registration of Handguns

H.R. 45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 (GovTrack.us)

Illegal , unnecessary and Unconstitutional all spring to mind.

Go ahead liberals tell us again how you are not trying to take our weapons away, to register them and make them to expensive to buy or own.

Where in the 2nd amendment does it say that you have a right to cheap guns?

Unconstitutional? Why do conservatives push for judicial activism so much?

I see nothing in the 2nd amendment that makes it illegal to have to register your arms.

Judicial activism is good except for gays.

Right...just like making me pay tax on my car and register it means they want to take away our cars. :cuckoo:

Eh, that would be state registration and tax Ravi, not fed. just sayin....:eusa_eh:

You know they would like to push this through before the 2010 election while they're assured of having a majority in both House and Senate.

Last edited:
Actually, I like all the stuff the Democrats are doing these days. They are showing their hand. It's going to make it easier to toss them out in the next couple of elections! Let's all be patient and let them have lots of rope. They're hanging themselves!

Right...just like making me pay tax on my car and register it means they want to take away our cars. :cuckoo:

Eh, that would be state registration and tax Ravi, not fed. just sayin....:eusa_eh:

You know they would like to push this through before the 2010 election while they're assured of having a majority in both House and Senate.
Well, since this appears to be an urban legend it looks like RGS is a fool.

SB-2099 - Bill Requiring Federal Tax on Guns

Take a grain of truth, sprinkle with false and misleading statements, add a heaping dollop of paranoia, and what do you have?

Description: Email rumor
Circulating since: Sep. 2000

Email example contributed by a reader, Sep. 18, 2000:
Gun owners beware!
Back Door Bill (SB-2099)
Senate Bill SB-2099 will require us to put on our 2000 1040 federal tax Form all guns that you have or own. It may require fingerprints and a tax of $50 per gun. This bill was introduced on Feb. 24. This bill will become public knowledge 30 days after it is voted into law. This is an amendment to the Internal Revenue Act of 1986. This means that the Finance Committee can pass this without the Senate voting on it at all.
The full text of the proposed amendment is on the U.S. Senate homepage: U.S. Senate. You can find the bill by doing a search by the bill number. (SB-2099) You know who to call; I strongly suggest you do. Please send a copy of this e-mail to every gun owner you know to help STOP this bill!!

PLEASE NOTE: This is an old rumor dating back to September 2000 (see analysis and update below). No such bill was introduced in 2009.
SB-2099 - Diabolical Conspiracy to Tax Handguns - Urban Legends

I see nothing in the 2nd amendment that makes it illegal to have to register your arms.

Have you ever asked yourself why they want to have you register your arms?

If everyone registers their guns, the government will know everyone who has them. So when they want to take them away, they will simply get their database out.

I don't care, perhaps for social safety reasons, perhaps to get a count for the eventual Chinese invasion.

Does the government usually make sense?

They are trying to force us to register our firearms and pay a tax on all weapons we currently own.

S. 2099 - Registration of Handguns

H.R. 45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 (GovTrack.us)

Illegal , unnecessary and Unconstitutional all spring to mind.

Go ahead liberals tell us again how you are not trying to take our weapons away, to register them and make them to expensive to buy or own.

I am some kind of liberal.

I do not support these laws.

Now what?

I don't care, perhaps for social safety reasons, perhaps to get a count for the eventual Chinese invasion.

Are you seriously going with that as a response?

Whatever they want to do is ok because they don't usually make sense. Damn.

Are you seriously going with that as a response?

Whatever they want to do is ok because they don't usually make sense. Damn.

yes, that is my response to a question that I cannot answer. I don't have guns, so it doesn't affect me.

Besides, the 2nd amendment was written before the states created their National guard units, and is out of date by about 150 years.

Do we need drug dealers to be able to have guns readily available?

You should not have to register your guns.

You should have to register your bullets..each and every one of them.

Speaking as a strict interpretor of the US constitution, it doesn't say anywhere that any of us have the constitutional right to have bullets, folks.

Go ahead, look it up.

See if I'm not right about that.

Last edited:
You should not have to register your guns.

You should have to register your bullets..each and every one of them.

Speaking as a strict interpretor of the US constitution, it doesn't say anywhere that any of us have the constitutional right to have bullets, folks.

Go ahead, look it up.

See if I'm not right about that.

Will you shut the hell up and stop giving them more bad ideas.

Nothing in there about taxing guns.

I don't care if you have to register your guns. Heck, I thought you already had to do so. It certainly isn't unconstitutional.
The difference is between state, which is required depending on what state you live in, and federal registry, which is what this legislation proposes. Check out separation of powers in the Constitution, the 10th amendment.
The Constitution of the United States said:
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
What we have here is the Federal Government once again intruding on a state's matter. Do you have to register your vehicle with the federal government? Your house? Land property? Your boat? Motorcycle?

No, because the Constitution prohibits this via the 10th Amendment. Part of what's commonly referred to as the Bill of Rights.

Guns fall into the same category. A federal gun registry is unconstitutional. STATE gun registries are not.

Forum List

Back