Our Democrats at work

You should not have to register your guns.

You should have to register your bullets..each and every one of them.

Speaking as a strict interpretor of the US constitution, it doesn't say anywhere that any of us have the constitutional right to have bullets, folks.

Go ahead, look it up.

See if I'm not right about that.

Will you shut the hell up and stop giving them more bad ideas.

Speaking as a strict interpretator of the US Constitution, I say that giving our government bad ideas is as American as apple pie and motherhood.

For example, deciding that Black slaves counted as 2/3s of a person for purposes of congressional representation?

Bad idea....one that we lived with for a century.

Another ignorant post by one of the Boards dumb asses. Already been tried, they can not ban bullets anymore then they can ban firearms. The Second Amendment applies to ammunition just as well as it does to Firearms.

Of course even with the Supreme Court finally ruling the Second is a Personal right it has not stopped the Liberals from trying to grab weapons.

RGS clearly lied about the tax requirement.
The licensing fee is a tax. It is whether it's your car registration, boat and motorcycle registration, your state's gun registration, your driver's license, fishing license, whatever license it is. It is a tax.
Oh, spare me. He claimed we'd have to pay money to the IRS for owning a gun.
I see nothing about the IRS in this thread, until your post just now. However, it is logical of you to assume they would be using the IRS for this.

I note in passing you didn't argue whether registration and licensing fees are indeed a tax.

Are you seriously going with that as a response?

Whatever they want to do is ok because they don't usually make sense. Damn.

yes, that is my response to a question that I cannot answer. I don't have guns, so it doesn't affect me.

Besides, the 2nd amendment was written before the states created their National guard units, and is out of date by about 150 years.

Do we need drug dealers to be able to have guns readily available?

Wow, and I'm supposed to be intellectually lazy. So, if California decides to ban gay marriage, and I'm not gay so it doesn't affect me I should just shrug and say hey not my problem? Is that seriously your approach to participating in democracy?

And gun laws don't mean anything to criminals because they are criminals, so your last line falls on it's face as well.

yeah, because I'm not a multi-millionaire nor do I run a multi-national corporation, that's what my place in this representational REPUBLIC leaves me.

What, criminals can't buy their guns from gun stores before the criminal gets onto the no-sell list, or that all gun dealers are so above board that they don't buy/sell guns on the black market?

Will you shut the hell up and stop giving them more bad ideas.

Speaking as a strict interpretator of the US Constitution, I say that giving our government bad ideas is as American as apple pie and motherhood.

For example, deciding that Black slaves counted as 2/3s of a person for purposes of congressional representation?

Bad idea....one that we lived with for a century.

Another ignorant post by one of the Boards dumb asses. Already been tried, they can not ban bullets anymore then they can ban firearms. The Second Amendment applies to ammunition just as well as it does to Firearms.

Of course even with the Supreme Court finally ruling the Second is a Personal right it has not stopped the Liberals from trying to grab weapons.

Hey don't blame me, lad, blame the floundering fathers for this terrible oversight in not mentioning the right for all Americans to bear ammunition to go along with their arms.

I'm so proud of the Dems for standing up to the rich who have all benefitted from:

NAFTA
High Gas prices
The housing market crash
The bank bailouts
Hiring Illegals
The wars
Out of control healthcare

All the ceo's of these for profits fall into the category of people who have to chip in a little bit more to help make things right.

But they only want to deal with profits.

Waaaa! We will leave the country. To be honest, I think America will be better off without them.

yes, that is my response to a question that I cannot answer. I don't have guns, so it doesn't affect me.

Besides, the 2nd amendment was written before the states created their National guard units, and is out of date by about 150 years.

Do we need drug dealers to be able to have guns readily available?

Wow, and I'm supposed to be intellectually lazy. So, if California decides to ban gay marriage, and I'm not gay so it doesn't affect me I should just shrug and say hey not my problem? Is that seriously your approach to participating in democracy?

And gun laws don't mean anything to criminals because they are criminals, so your last line falls on it's face as well.

yeah, because I'm not a multi-millionaire nor do I run a multi-national corporation, that's what my place in this representational REPUBLIC leaves me.

What, criminals can't buy their guns from gun stores before the criminal gets onto the no-sell list, or that all gun dealers are so above board that they don't buy/sell guns on the black market?

Oh brother. No wonder why our great nation is in trouble, these people can actually vote.

No one cares that the Government wants to register every gun in the country and tax them every year?

Ya know what will happen Sarge... states will start going the way of Montana. They passed they're own STATE gun laws and told Washington DC to shove it. If you live in Montana, you obey Montana gun laws and fuck the feds. To date no challenge from Washington has mounted.

These liberal dipshits in Washington that are doing their damnedest to turn America into a third world, shit hole, police state are doing nothing more than pushing people to their limit. It will come to a head, and there will be a push back by the people. It says in the constitution that when the government no longer serves the people but serves itself, it's our constitutional *DUTY* to take it back, by whatever means necessary. Now get ready for the parade of liberal ass hats to respond by saying all conservatives are crazy and we're all over reacting...

Oh brother. No wonder why our great nation is in trouble, these people can actually vote.

I can't vote, not that I'd want to in this sham of a democracy.

I can't vote, not that I'd want to in this sham of a democracy.

Eldridge Cleaver once said something very simuliar to you....until he was forced to travel to several different countries. He came back, and did his time with a whole new look on American democracy.

well, I am not originally from the USA, and I have lived in several different "democracies" and the USA has the most currupt one, led by the groin by special interest money, by both main parties.

no where else in the world, with the exception of dictatorships, has invested the power in so few, as opposed to the many

well, I am not originally from the USA, and I have lived in several different "democracies" and the USA has the most currupt one, led by the groin by special interest money, by both main parties.

no where else in the world, with the exception of dictatorships, has invested the power in so few, as opposed to the many

Well, our democracy isn't perfect, none are, but it's way ahead of second place.

well, that's just like your opinion, man

I prefer the parlimentary style, where the leader (PM) is actually serving a constituency rather than the whole. It also removes a nasty problem with four year terms for president.

I prefer the parlimentary style, where the leader (PM) is actually serving a constituency rather than the whole. It also removes a nasty problem with four year terms for president.

I'll let those words speak for themselves. It does tell a lot about you, thanks for sharing. My job is done here.

Last edited:

I'll let those words speak for themselves. It does tell a lot about you, thanks for sharing. My job is done here.

apparantly, you need some explanation, as mine wasn't that great. The British PM is elected to a pool of MPs, the party in charge elects a PM, and the PM is not only responsible to the whole nation, but has a constituency to be responsible for as well.

It helps keep them grounded in a small part of reality, at least.

The people with at least 3/4 of a brain and more familiar witht he rest of the world outside the US would have understood what I had meant, even if I wasn't able to fully translate it into bigot.

Well, our democracy isn't perfect, none are, but it's way ahead of second place.

I dunno. I love my country, but I think our form of government was set in an agrarian time, when only rich landowners got to vote..... I think a lot of the dynamic we experience as rabid partisanship comes from the nature of our form of government. Our population is far larger and much more diverse than anything contemplated when our government was created.

Might be time for some fine-tuning that allows greater representation of the varying pov's.
There are certainly things we could learn and adopt from other places.

They are trying to force us to register our firearms and pay a tax on all weapons we currently own.

S. 2099 - Registration of Handguns

H.R. 45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 (GovTrack.us)

Illegal , unnecessary and Unconstitutional all spring to mind.

Go ahead liberals tell us again how you are not trying to take our weapons away, to register them and make them to expensive to buy or own.

Housing construction hits a 7 month high
Sign builders regaining confidence as emerge from housing bust

Bank of America posts $2.4 billion profit
Like Goldman and JPMorgan, BofA beats Wall Street's earnings estimates

Citigroup reports surprise quarterly profit
Posts a $3 billion profit, instead of loss Wall Street expected

Summers: Economy has avoided catastrophe
Top economic adviser says collapse looked all too real six months ago

Americans less stressed about debt, poll shows
Positive thinking and frugal ways contributing to increased confidence

IBM raises guidance, profit blows past forecasts
Rare sign of confidence from major corporation during the recession

Geithner: Recession easing, U.S. on the mend
Treasury secretary assures Gulf Arab states that U.S. dollar assets are safe

Retail sales rise more than expected
Rise is largest in five months, led by a surge in gas prices

They are trying to force us to register our firearms and pay a tax on all weapons we currently own.

S. 2099 - Registration of Handguns

H.R. 45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 (GovTrack.us)

Illegal , unnecessary and Unconstitutional all spring to mind.

Go ahead liberals tell us again how you are not trying to take our weapons away, to register them and make them to expensive to buy or own.

Housing construction hits a 7 month high
Sign builders regaining confidence as emerge from housing bust

Bank of America posts $2.4 billion profit
Like Goldman and JPMorgan, BofA beats Wall Street's earnings estimates

Citigroup reports surprise quarterly profit
Posts a $3 billion profit, instead of loss Wall Street expected

Summers: Economy has avoided catastrophe
Top economic adviser says collapse looked all too real six months ago

Americans less stressed about debt, poll shows
Positive thinking and frugal ways contributing to increased confidence

IBM raises guidance, profit blows past forecasts
Rare sign of confidence from major corporation during the recession

Geithner: Recession easing, U.S. on the mend
Treasury secretary assures Gulf Arab states that U.S. dollar assets are safe

Retail sales rise more than expected
Rise is largest in five months, led by a surge in gas prices

Yeah, green shoots all over.

Banks are making a fortune because the few that aren't walking dead can charge whatever the fuck they want for capital. A letter of Credit that cost me 1% 2 years ago now costs 3.5% up front and 1.75% annually.

Clue: Get one today.

apparantly, you need some explanation, as mine wasn't that great. The British PM is elected to a pool of MPs, the party in charge elects a PM, and the PM is not only responsible to the whole nation, but has a constituency to be responsible for as well.

It helps keep them grounded in a small part of reality, at least.

The people with at least 3/4 of a brain and more familiar witht he rest of the world outside the US would have understood what I had meant, even if I wasn't able to fully translate it into bigot.

BIGOT? You know nothing about me you SON OF A BITCH. I was just letting your words speak for themselves. They were typed in English weren't they? It spoke volumes about what a twit you are. Our nation has done just fine without your form of government. Might even say we have flourished under it, even with our so-called disfuntional government. Some might even say that it's a better country than any that you've been too. I guess what I'm trying to say is....Glad you can't vote here. :lol:
So stick your head up your ass and roll down a sidewalk, and that comes from the bottom of my heart.

BIGOT? You know nothing about me you SON OF A BITCH. I was just letting your words speak for themselves. They were typed in English weren't they? It spoke volumes about what a twit you are. Our nation has done just fine without your form of government. Might even say we have flourished under it, even with our so-called disfuntional government. Some might even say that it's a better country than any that you've been too. I guess what I'm trying to say is....Glad you can't vote here. :lol:
So stick your head up your ass and roll down a sidewalk, and that comes from the bottom of my heart.

wow, opinions are like a-holes. and you just can't stand the fact that someone disagrees with you.

Before you got all bent out of shape about the word bigot, you should know what it means. As a bigot (not a bad word, generally) you are believing what you believe in strongly, it wasn't an insult.

Shame you had to resort to insulting my dead mother, that's extra classy.

My words were rushed, as I had to go and do some work, sorry I have to work for a living instead of circle jerking all day long on a computer. I explained and expanded my statement, which you rightfully misunderstood and it was my fault that you did, because I wasn't explaining my self correctly, but since I did further my statement, you still attack me, for no real reason, except for your willful ignorance of the english language.

You're glad I can't vote here? Why, because I disagree with you. Shame I can't vote here, because I pay my income and property taxes, provide services for Americans and attempt to make life better here for your children. And you blame me for that?

even though some may say that this country is terrific, some may not, and the fact that we can disagree on that, usually without petty attacks, is one of the positives for being here.

Have you ever spent time outside of the USA? Just wondering.

I dunno. I love my country, but I think our form of government was set in an agrarian time, when only rich landowners got to vote..... I think a lot of the dynamic we experience as rabid partisanship comes from the nature of our form of government. Our population is far larger and much more diverse than anything contemplated when our government was created.

Might be time for some fine-tuning that allows greater representation of the varying pov's.
There are certainly things we could learn and adopt from other places.

Jillian, our form of government has allowed it to become the great nation it is. Like I said, it isn't perfect, but we can't abandon it and think the results will be the same. Partisanship is the thing that drives this country to become better, it created checks and balances to keep it moving forward.
I'm not too sure what you mean about the fine tuning? Seems anytime legislation is passed we have some fine tuning happening. Not sure what you mean by representation of different POV's? We do have different POV's right now, and always have. Hell, I argue them almost daily.
This country doesn't need an overhaul.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back