Our Democrats at work

You should not have to register your guns.

You should have to register your bullets..each and every one of them.

Speaking as a strict interpretor of the US constitution, it doesn't say anywhere that any of us have the constitutional right to have bullets, folks.

Go ahead, look it up.

See if I'm not right about that.

how the fuck are "arms" arms without bullets?

They are trying to force us to register our firearms and pay a tax on all weapons we currently own.

S. 2099 - Registration of Handguns

H.R. 45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 (GovTrack.us)

Illegal , unnecessary and Unconstitutional all spring to mind.

Go ahead liberals tell us again how you are not trying to take our weapons away, to register them and make them to expensive to buy or own.

Text of a bill introduced in the United States Congress Related Resources

S 2099 IS

106th CONGRESS

2d Session

S. 2099

To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to require the registration of handguns, and for other purposes.

IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES

February 24, 2000

Hmmmm............

They are trying to force us to register our firearms and pay a tax on all weapons we currently own.

H.R. 45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 (GovTrack.us)

Illegal , unnecessary and Unconstitutional all spring to mind.

Go ahead liberals tell us again how you are not trying to take our weapons away, to register them and make them to expensive to buy or own.

Text of a bill introduced in the United States Congress Related Resources

S 2099 IS

106th CONGRESS

2d Session

S. 2099

To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to require the registration of handguns, and for other purposes.

IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES

February 24, 2000

Hmmmm............
Keep reading:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/81790-our-democrats-at-work.html#post1343104

[111th CONGRESS House Bills]
[From the U.S. Government Printing Office via GPO Access]
[DOCID: h45ih.txt]
[Introduced in House]

111th CONGRESS
1st Session
H. R. 45

To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for
purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for
those firearms, and for other purposes.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

January 6, 2009

Last edited:
After eight years of Bush and Cheney, I am for the right of any American to own any gun up to twin 50s. Of course, the daily litany of people killed by the nuts with guns does not sit to well with anyone but the NRA.

Nothing in there about taxing guns.

I don't care if you have to register your guns. Heck, I thought you already had to do so. It certainly isn't unconstitutional.
The difference is between state, which is required depending on what state you live in, and federal registry, which is what this legislation proposes. Check out separation of powers in the Constitution, the 10th amendment.
The Constitution of the United States said:
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
What we have here is the Federal Government once again intruding on a state's matter. Do you have to register your vehicle with the federal government? Your house? Land property? Your boat? Motorcycle?

No, because the Constitution prohibits this via the 10th Amendment. Part of what's commonly referred to as the Bill of Rights.

Guns fall into the same category. A federal gun registry is unconstitutional. STATE gun registries are not.
I'd be against that. After reading this thread I've no idea if there is any truth in the proposal since RGS clearly lied about the tax requirement. But regardless, there is nothing unconstitutional about it.

Nothing in there about taxing guns.

I don't care if you have to register your guns. Heck, I thought you already had to do so. It certainly isn't unconstitutional.
The difference is between state, which is required depending on what state you live in, and federal registry, which is what this legislation proposes. Check out separation of powers in the Constitution, the 10th amendment.
The Constitution of the United States said:
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
What we have here is the Federal Government once again intruding on a state's matter. Do you have to register your vehicle with the federal government? Your house? Land property? Your boat? Motorcycle?

No, because the Constitution prohibits this via the 10th Amendment. Part of what's commonly referred to as the Bill of Rights.

Guns fall into the same category. A federal gun registry is unconstitutional. STATE gun registries are not.
I'd be against that. After reading this thread I've no idea if there is any truth in the proposal since RGS clearly lied about the tax requirement. But regardless, there is nothing unconstitutional about it.
It IS unconstitutional Ravi. The 10th Amendment says so.

RGS clearly lied about the tax requirement.
The licensing fee is a tax. It is whether it's your car registration, boat and motorcycle registration, your state's gun registration, your driver's license, fishing license, whatever license it is. It is a tax.

Right...just like making me pay tax on my car and register it means they want to take away our cars. :cuckoo:

The big difference is that no one is attempting to use registration to consficate your cars.

For your information, registration led to consfication of handguns in Canada, Australia, California, New York City, Bermuda, Cuba, Greece, Ireland, Jamaica, and Soviet Georgia.

Also, according to the US Supreme Court, criminals do not have to obtain licenses or register their weapons, as that would be an act of self-incrimination. Haynes vs. US 390 US 85 1968

I don't care, perhaps for social safety reasons, perhaps to get a count for the eventual Chinese invasion.

Does the government usually make sense?

Are you seriously going with that as a response?

Whatever they want to do is ok because they don't usually make sense. Damn.

yes, that is my response to a question that I cannot answer. I don't have guns, so it doesn't affect me.

Besides, the 2nd amendment was written before the states created their National guard units, and is out of date by about 150 years.

Do we need drug dealers to be able to have guns readily available?

Just for your information, the National Guard is only one of the two types of Militia recognized by the United States.

Title 10 U.S.C. 311. Militia: composition and classes

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

(b) The classes of the militia are -

(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and

(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

The main reason for registering firearms is the ability to know who to confiscate them from, and that has been the way it has happened in California, New York City, Canada, Australia, Bermuda, Cuba, Greece, Ireland, Jamaica, and Soviet Georgia.

Also, anyone that believes that drug dealers are going to register their firearms is living in wonderland.

I don't care, perhaps for social safety reasons, perhaps to get a count for the eventual Chinese invasion.

Does the government usually make sense?

Are you seriously going with that as a response?

Whatever they want to do is ok because they don't usually make sense. Damn.

yes, that is my response to a question that I cannot answer. I don't have guns, so it doesn't affect me.

Besides, the 2nd amendment was written before the states created their National guard units, and is out of date by about 150 years.

Do we need drug dealers to be able to have guns readily available?

Wow, and I'm supposed to be intellectually lazy. So, if California decides to ban gay marriage, and I'm not gay so it doesn't affect me I should just shrug and say hey not my problem? Is that seriously your approach to participating in democracy?

And gun laws don't mean anything to criminals because they are criminals, so your last line falls on it's face as well.

Also, anyone that believes that drug dealers are going to register their firearms is living in wonderland.

Look at most liberal policies and it's pretty clear what their address is.

Speaking as a strict interpretor of the US constitution, it doesn't say anywhere that any of us have the constitutional right to have bullets, folks.

Go ahead, look it up.

Will you shut the hell up and stop giving them more bad ideas.

Speaking as a strict interpretator of the US Constitution, I say that giving our government bad ideas is as American as apple pie and motherhood.

For example, deciding that Black slaves counted as 2/3s of a person for purposes of congressional representation?

Bad idea....one that we lived with for a century.

Go ahead, look it up.

how the fuck are "arms" arms without bullets?

Don't blame me, blame my strict interpretation of the Constitution.

Obviously had the floundering fathers wanted to give you the right to bullets, they'd have mentioned it.

Forum List

Back