Ouch! French Gymnast Breaks His Legs on the Vault

No need to jump to conclusions. That could just be a bad sprain.

Terrible landing. Under-rotated and on one foot, slamming the other afterwards.

These gymnasts are brave people, doing these incredible vaults and soaring through the air the way they do.

Sometimes it comes out badly though. This man deserves a lot of credit for his self control.

Gymnast Samir Ait Said breaks leg on vault at Rio Olympics
jim you said you were not watching this shit .....you even did a thread saying so....

I stopped watching the opening ceremony is what I said, and I didnt see this on TV anyway, lol.

And I am certainly not watching all the events, etc. I mostly just like the boxing, running, and the swimming as it is very competitive and I can empathize with them and the ladies volleyball for eye candy. The rest is just blather, mostly

Found this. Great attitude; good for him!
French gymnast aims for Tokyo 2020 despite horror leg break
"I want to thank you all for your messages of support, it really heartened me, it felt good, it really boosted my morale," the gymnast said in a video posted after undergoing emergency surgery in Rio.

Ait Said explained that the double open fracture of the tibia and fibula "required immediate surgery, which went very well. I can be back on my feet in not very long, well 'on my feet', everything is relative."

"I'm going to return to the venue to encourage my friends because the competition is not over," he continued, referring to teammates Axel Augis and Cyril Tommasone who qualified for all-around and pommel horse finals respectively.

"I've gotten into the spirit of things with my blue-white-red plaster, allez la France!" said Aït Said, showing his plastered foot in the French national colours.

Anyone have any info on Mr Said's condition?

I go this news feed, but nothing on it about his current state.

SAMIR AIT SAID | #SamirAitSaid
I deleted my post, Jim. I apologise. Someone posted in one of the news stories that he had just died at the hospital. It was a false report. Why would someone do that? Because his family are Muslims? I don't know if he is a Muslim but he was born in France. The name is of Arab origin, Samir is a Muslim name. It means companion. Apparently not everyone is a fan of this man out there.

I deleted my post, Jim. I apologise. Someone posted in one of the news stories that he had just died at the hospital. It was a false report. Why would someone do that? Because his family are Muslims? I don't know if he is a Muslim but he was born in France. The name is of Arab origin, Samir is a Muslim name. It means companion. Apparently not everyone is a fan of this man out there.

I deleted my post, Jim. I apologise. Someone posted in one of the news stories that he had just died at the hospital. It was a false report. Why would someone do that? Because they believe his family are Muslims? I don't know if he is a Muslim but he was born in France. The name is of Arab origin, Samir is a Muslim name. It means companion. Apparently not everyone is a fan of this man out there.
Jim, I edited this to read..... because they believe his family are Muslims? This is important because without me or anyone else actually meeting this family and seeing them attend a mosque it is merely an assumption, not a fact. It could be a name that was a family name, the name of a grandfather, great great grandfather. We don't know. I've never met these people and there is no way of knowing as the news story never mentioned it.

These gymnasts are brave people, doing these incredible vaults and soaring through the air the way they do.

Sometimes it comes out badly though. This man deserves a lot of credit for his self control.

Gymnast Samir Ait Said breaks leg on vault at Rio Olympics
f77b898e16f1bcad25656b46604a59b2.jpg

Guess the Right has some feelings for a Muslim from France.
Why not? He went through some real shit.

These male gymnists though, they look like bullfrogs, all upper body strength with these gangly legs beneath them.

I really think that men's floor exercises to strengthen the legs of these guys, like a minimum number of slow bends or Cossack kicks or something. They also should drop rings as it is redundant with the parallel bars anyway, and replace it with a leg strength skill, like maybe some heavy medicine ball balancing with the feet only or something, hell I dont know. But they have a lot of leg injuries in that sport because the men all have frog legs.

Guess the Right has some feelings for a Muslim from France.

The gymnast part. The Moslem part can go to Hell.
You think he's a suicide bomber in his spare time?
You inhabitants of Planet Libtard are just amazing.

Where has a single conservative leader suggested that muslim Olympic athletes are terrorists?

You pull this out of your ass then present it as though it proves anything other than your slack grip on Reality.

Forum List

Back