Other languages on the forum

Of course, I am for freedom of speech. But I am not sure that it should be allowed to write in Russian, for example, on the forum. Usually it's insults or something absolutely moronic. :)

I am ready to remove my signature in Russian, of course, too :)

젠장, 동지! 영어 만!

images

Nein! Nur deutsch. Das ist gut!

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

North Korea's national anthem! :p

South

That guy kind of looks like Lil Kim though! :lol:

Of course, I am for freedom of speech. But I am not sure that it should be allowed to write in Russian, for example, on the forum. Usually it's insults or something absolutely moronic. :)

E-thay oard-bay ould-shay equire-ray at-thay e-way allay useay ig-pay atin-lay!

There is an official policy to require English. And I realize that's a high bar for foreigners who just want to talk with Americans.. We really appreciate the Global connections and their efforts to discuss in English.

We have SEVERAL new foreign posters that have been contacted. It'll take awhile, but this will settle down.

And we have translators available to read the insults. :113: That's one of big reasons for English only on the website. Some insults don't translate all that well.. :coffee:

I've never heard that rule. :dunno: Is it writ somewhere?

I'll readily lapse into French with Dalia or German with Lucy Hamilton or translate Brazilian lyrics in a music thread. Am I going to hell?

What rule?

I'll readily lapse into French with Dalia or German with Lucy Hamilton or translate Brazilian lyrics in a music thread. Am I going to hell?

If you do it constantly, yes, of course. But not to hell, go to the pm messanger or the profile page. Just my opion, if you are interested in it :)

Last edited:
I asked him what Bunyoul meant and he laughed and said it was a term of endearment. She may have just made it up. But when I said, Dobreenitz his eyes got really big, and his mouth opened like he was shocked. I think I may have said something really bad. Never said that again!

There is an official policy to require English. And I realize that's a high bar for foreigners who just want to talk with Americans.. We really appreciate the Global connections and their efforts to discuss in English.

We have SEVERAL new foreign posters that have been contacted. It'll take awhile, but this will settle down.

And we have translators available to read the insults. :113: That's one of big reasons for English only on the website. Some insults don't translate all that well.. :coffee:

You COULD BE headed to Hell. Dunno.. But it won't be because of USMB moderation.. :rofl: It's on the "list of things to do" to state that explicitly in the Posting Guidelines. I'll do that very soon..

We'd like to be more lenient just for casual conversation, but some folks (on their way to Hell) will abuse that to "break the rules" in any way they can.. You'll have to do all your tri-lingual flirting in PM I suppose..

:poke:

You COULD BE headed to Hell. Dunno.. But it won't be because of USMB moderation.. :rofl: It's on the "list of things to do" to state that explicitly in the Posting Guidelines. I'll do that very soon..

We'd like to be more lenient just for casual conversation, but some folks (on their way to Hell) will abuse that to "break the rules" in any way they can.. You'll have to do all your tri-lingual flirting in PM I suppose..

When you write that, just don't say "press one for English". I fuggin' HATE that. :death:

When you write that, just don't say "press one for English". I fuggin' HATE that. :death:

Dayum.. That's good. Afraid I didn't use that tho.. I edited the Rules right after you posted to remind me about that. Maybe I'll go back and edit. And give you credit of course...

A bit of French here...and Italian.... and Portuguese

When it's 'a bit' it's quite OK with me too. Plus, one thing when you have some friendly comments in non-English languages and quite another when there is some quarrel. Why the moderators should spend their time on google-translating or something like this? Again, rules are rules and practice of insulting foreign guests in their own languages or Americans in languages that they know is against the rules.

Uckin'-fay a-a!

ime-tay or-fay anay atfin-bay ighting-say!

Batfink
by boedicca on US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Uckin'-fay a-a!

ime-tay or-fay anay atfin-bay ighting-say!

Batfink
by boedicca on US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Atfink-bay is da om-bay! Orward-fay in all irections-day!

Oh, how impressive. I can speak any language with Google translate too! :71:

GT might be OK for navigating through some foreign language from somewhere else but I wouldn't trust it to write something.

Years ago on the younger internets there was AltaVista's Babel Fish. Somebody had the idea to run the lyrics of Isaac Hayes' "Shaft" through it, translate it to Italian, and back to English on the same software.

The result looked like

Who is the dick classified black who is at one with all the chicks?
Tree!
Blessed right.
And we can scavarli.​

("tree" shaft, "blessed" = damn, "scavarli" came from "dig it" which couldn't be translated)

Forum List

Back