Oscars

George Costanza

A Friendly Liberal
Mar 10, 2009
Los Angeles area.
I don't want to talk about who won what - but I know the thread will evolve into that in spite of what I say. So, before it does . . .

What a crummy show! Seth MacFarlane had to be the worst host in the history of the Oscar presentations. I was actually embarrassed for him as he stood up there, trying to be funny and getting nothing but polite laughter at best. And this business with William Shatford - what was THAT?

I'll tell you what it was. An L.A. Times reviewer penned something along the lines of: "The thing about joking about bombing is that, for the joke to be funny, you have to NOT be bombing in actuality."

I gave up on it early on and went upstairs to play video games.

The guys who started the Oscars, Goldwyn and Mayer, said the didn't necessarily want to reward the Best Performances, but instead they wanted to use it as a platform to promote Hollywood.

That was back in 1927. What is it you suppose Hollywood wants to promote nowadays?

hollywood.jpg

I don't want to talk about who won what - but I know the thread will evolve into that in spite of what I say. So, before it does . . .

What a crummy show! Seth MacFarlane had to be the worst host in the history of the Oscar presentations. I was actually embarrassed for him as he stood up there, trying to be funny and getting nothing but polite laughter at best. And this business with William Shatford - what was THAT?

I'll tell you what it was. An L.A. Times reviewer penned something along the lines of: "The thing about joking about bombing is that, for the joke to be funny, you have to NOT be bombing in actuality."

I gave up on it early on and went upstairs to play video games.

Waaaa....Maybe next year you can get Dear Leader to come and emcee the most self-indulgent festival of self-congratulation on the planet...Would only be fitting.

And you can't fool us...You went upstairs to work on your case for getting some south central gang banging nun beaters off on a technicality, not to play video games.

I never watch the Oscars. Worse than watching paint dry. At least paint doesn't talk.

Forum List

Back