Zone1 Orthodox Epiphany

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Kings of Con
Russians are celebrating the Orthodox Epiphany, the holiday that honors the baptism of Jesus in the River Jordan, by immersion into frigid rivers, ponds and lakes across the country.

Here in my Parish Gmunden-Vöcklabruck we celebrated Epiphany at the austrian lake Traunsee on 21th January yesterday on Sunday. I guess because that was the time when the Serbian community could get that place for themselfes, maybe it was not possible on Friday 19th, because it was a working day.

I was there and took videos.

Russians are celebrating the Orthodox Epiphany, the holiday that honors the baptism of Jesus in the River Jordan, by immersion into frigid rivers, ponds and lakes across the country.
Here in my Parish Gmunden-Vöcklabruck we celebrated Epiphany at the austrian lake Traunsee on 21th January yesterday on Sunday. I guess because that was the time when the Serbian community could get that place for themselfes, maybe it was not possible on Friday 19th, because it was a working day.
I was there and took videos.

So, once again, the point of this thread is nothing to do with the actual event, but just that you were there?

I am so impressed.

Do you wish you parents had stayed in Serbia?
No it doesnt matter, the serbian community is very large everywhere around the world in many countries. Here you get serbian products in every supermarket, like things from serbia, and there are pubs, serbian festivals, clubs etc. everywhere, you can enjoy serbian feeling as if you are in serbia.

Forum List

Back