Oregon said Obama stay away..so guess who's coming to Roseburg?

"Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse."
Romans 12:14

I didn't curse him in this post, just exposed evil for what it is.

He doesn't persecute me, if he was persecuting I am sure you would tattle on him to the mods. All he is, is a troll. Trolls just spew hate.
Hey, they're my friends out here. Too bad about THEIR bigotry. See sig, last line.

Can't see your sig line, thank goodness. Just keep spewing your hate, I have no problem with trolls.
"I'm sorry- dupes are lovely people- but I can't take their lazy, ignorant, careless, stupid politics a minute longer. Sorry". Includes ignorant bigotry against minorities and gays and furriners, Dems etc etc etc. lol
Then leave the thread and the board. Do everyone a favor.
Speak for yourself, dupe of the greedy idiot rich Pubs....lol.

He doesn't persecute me, if he was persecuting I am sure you would tattle on him to the mods. All he is, is a troll. Trolls just spew hate.
Hey, they're my friends out here. Too bad about THEIR bigotry. See sig, last line.

Can't see your sig line, thank goodness. Just keep spewing your hate, I have no problem with trolls.
I'm sorry- dupes are lovely people- but I can't take their lazy, ignorant, careless, stupid politics a minute longer. Sorry

You can't stand yourself? LOL! Now that is funny.
At least he and I agree on something.
Have to be personal, hater dupe? Try reading something. And of course he's wrong as always anyway...

Right. The Democrats never politicize deaths. WTF do you think these people don't what DumBama there? Because in every other mass shooting, he used those deaths to promote his political agenda.

Did you just start following politics this week or have you had your head buried in the sand the last seven years? History has a way of repeating itself, and remember, DumBama's first address to the country on this situation was promoting his anti-gun propaganda.
His political agenda is to try to reduce the number mass shootings.
Isn't that an outrage?!

Yes it is because disarming America has nothing to do with mass shootings or anything else. It has to do with more government control and involvement. We all know there are no regulations that can stop somebody from getting a gun that wants one. There are simply too many of them and they are too easy to get. We see this in states that have the toughest gun laws in the country.

Whether you go overseas or look here in America during the Brady Bill years, statistics show there are no improvements in trying to get rid of guns. Now in Great Britain, there is a movement to make knives and swords illegal. The criminals that can't easily find guns are choosing a different tool of death.
So, your arguments are;
1; No law will stop all criminals from being criminals so there's no point in having a law.
2; It's really hard so there's no point in trying.

No, my point is if we are going to create a new law, why punish those who are law biding citizens? 2) Why create a law that would not solve the problem you are looking to solve?

You want to create new laws that might do some good? Great. Build more prisons and have a law that anybody caught with a firearm that's not supposed to have one is an automatic 10 years in prison plus whatever years they may add on if they committed a crime with that gun.
Talking about policies that don't work...increasing the prison population would be exhibit A.
How many of Chicago's distinguished citizens housed at Menard Correctional Center shot someone in a drive by last week?

I'm sorry- dupes are lovely people- but I can't take their lazy, ignorant, careless, stupid politics a minute longer. Sorry

You can't stand yourself? LOL! Now that is funny.
At least he and I agree on something.
Have to be personal, hater dupe? Try reading something. And of course he's wrong as always anyway...
When the foo shits, hate it.
Look asshat! You are known to all as the board idiot. Your idiotic language and the stupid quotes in your signature are a constant amusement to both sides of the political spectrum. Don't ever stop. We need someone to laugh at.

Everything in my sig is a fact, Pub dupe. Thanks GOP. ACTUALLY, only RW dupes feel that way. Obviously. Pfffft!! Let that ignorant hate out! lol. You can get all excited but knowledgeable debaters don't, don't ya know. All my friends out here are hater dupes. You can only help so much before they hate you lol. Don't talk politics or religion outside the forum with them.

It sounds like Roseburg is a conservative district in Oregon, that believes in the 2nd amendment. So he's probably not welcome there.

Instead of promoting school and campus security--and taking taking down those dam "Gun Free Zone" signs that advertise to nut-cases--Obama again goes after GUNS. He's not going to win this argument. No matter how many guns he thinks he can confiscate--there's always going to be a way to get another, and it's NOT going to stop mass slaughter of innocents.

These nut-cases are COWARDS and they always seek the least path of resistance which are "gun free zones." The last thing these cowards want are people shooting back at them.
These nut-cases are COWARDS and they always seek the least path of resistance which are "gun free zones." The last thing these cowards want are people shooting back at them.
Why do they almost always shoot themselves then?
Because they are cowards, idjut.

"I'm sorry- dupes are lovely people- but I can't take their lazy, ignorant, careless, stupid politics a minute longer. Sorry". Includes ignorant bigotry against minorities and gays and furriners, Dems etc etc etc. lol
I did, and for a hundred others that also think you're an idiot.

It sounds like Roseburg is a conservative district in Oregon, that believes in the 2nd amendment. So he's probably not welcome there.

Instead of promoting school and campus security--and taking taking down those dam "Gun Free Zone" signs that advertise to nut-cases--Obama again goes after GUNS. He's not going to win this argument. No matter how many guns he thinks he can confiscate--there's always going to be a way to get another, and it's NOT going to stop mass slaughter of innocents.

Why do they almost always shoot themselves then?
Because they are cowards, idjut.
They're nuts. Happens all the time in the stress capitol of the world, the USA.

Masters in History, 3 languages, retired teacher...you? Nite!

You sound a bit butt hurt??

Bullshit. You communicate like you had a traumatic brain injury and had your head amputated
Retired Mechanical Engineer who actually lived in the real world.

Last edited:
You sound a bit butt hurt??
He sounds lobotomized.

The air is thick with hate all over the USMB when it comes to Obama. If one is to judge such negative sentiment on a national level by the opinions posted here, we would have to believe that the president is hated everywhere. Thankfully, that is not the case universally, even in Roseburg, Oregon. Contrary to the seditious banter posited by the local right wing newspaper, those who govern the town have been far more inclined to welcome the President. Here is a statement from those responsible patriots:

City of Roseburg releases statement welcoming President Obama | NRToday.com city of Roseburg has released a statement in support of President Barack Obama’s upcoming visit to Roseburg.

Since the announcement that President Obama may be in the Roseburg area on Friday to meet with the families that lost loved ones at Umpqua Community College, news outlets have been announcing that the president was not welcome in Roseburg,” the statement read. “These announcements have included alleged quotes from community leaders.

“... We wish to be clear that Mayor (Larry) Rich, City Council President (Tom) Ryan and the Roseburg City Council welcome the president to Roseburg and will extend him every courtesy,” the statement said.

President Obama is scheduled to visit Roseburg on Friday to visit the families of the victims from the Umpqua Community College shooting, which killed nine people at the school and injured nine others.

The statement, released shortly before noon Tuesday, comes on the heels of recent statements made on national television that suggest the president would not be well received. David Jaques, the publisher of the Roseburg Beacon, had said that President Obama would not be welcome in Roseburg.

“We’ve talked to dozens upon dozens of citizens, some family members of the victims, our elected officials,” Jaques recently told Bill O’Reilly on his show “The O’Reilly Factor.” “Our Douglas County commissioners, along with our Douglas County-elected sheriff, who is very popular, and our chief of police all came to a consensus language about him not being welcome here for political grandstanding.”

City Councilor Steve Kaser, who oversees the southeastern quadrant of the city, said the comments by Jaques were upsetting.

“When I heard his interview I was appalled. He didn’t speak for us as a council. He didn’t speak for Roseburg,” Kaser said. “We’ve united around this thing. To have somebody like Mr. Jaques make this a political thing — this is a sitting president. I don’t care who he is. You agree with him or not, you have to show respect.”

The statement concluded, “Please keep the families of the victims and those impacted by this tragedy in your thoughts and prayers.”

So, your arguments are;
1; No law will stop all criminals from being criminals so there's no point in having a law.
2; It's really hard so there's no point in trying.

No, my point is if we are going to create a new law, why punish those who are law biding citizens? 2) Why create a law that would not solve the problem you are looking to solve?

You want to create new laws that might do some good? Great. Build more prisons and have a law that anybody caught with a firearm that's not supposed to have one is an automatic 10 years in prison plus whatever years they may add on if they committed a crime with that gun.
Talking about policies that don't work...increasing the prison population would be exhibit A.

Really? Then go to some articles about the problem they have in Chicago. The police and all authorities there arrest criminals with guns on a daily basis. Why are those arrests not deterring criminals from carrying guns? Because they get a slap on the hand in court. Judges are pressured into keeping people out of jail except those who commit the most serious of crimes. There's no room. So if somebody gets busted with a gun, they get five months in jail and get out in two or three on good behavior if that.

Correct.. But they were able to confiscate the gun. They should round up every one in the streets where these gangs hang around then search and confiscate.

On what reasonable cause do they have to do a search and seizure?

Illegal possession of firearms.

What a pig.

Roseburg doesn't want him there, asked him to stay away, has been quite public about it.

So of course he's got to come and harass us on our own turf.

This isn't going to end well.

Obama Not Welcome In Roseburg, Says Local Newspaper Publisher

"President Obama will travel to Roseburg, Ore. on Friday to meet with the families of victims of the mass shooting at a community college there last week, White House officials said."

Obama to visit Roseburg Friday

He's the President of United States.

STFUO.

Respect the office and respect the constitution.

What a pig.

Roseburg doesn't want him there, asked him to stay away, has been quite public about it.

So of course he's got to come and harass us on our own turf.

This isn't going to end well.

Obama Not Welcome In Roseburg, Says Local Newspaper Publisher

"President Obama will travel to Roseburg, Ore. on Friday to meet with the families of victims of the mass shooting at a community college there last week, White House officials said."

Obama to visit Roseburg Friday

He's the President of United States.

STFUO.

Respect the office and respect the constitution.

When Obama starts to 'respect the office' let me know

-Geaux

Really? Then go to some articles about the problem they have in Chicago. The police and all authorities there arrest criminals with guns on a daily basis. Why are those arrests not deterring criminals from carrying guns? Because they get a slap on the hand in court. Judges are pressured into keeping people out of jail except those who commit the most serious of crimes. There's no room. So if somebody gets busted with a gun, they get five months in jail and get out in two or three on good behavior if that.

Correct.. But they were able to confiscate the gun. They should round up every one in the streets where these gangs hang around then search and confiscate.

On what reasonable cause do they have to do a search and seizure?

Illegal possession of firearms.

So only suspected gang members they would search? I think you have a potential Constitutional issue. Would these gang members be white, well dressed and anywhere in the city? Police would search only on the basis of black people in only certain neighborhoods in the city. They could also stop black motorists and search their cars.

Racial profiling? Unconstitutional.

Forum List

Back