Oregon Could Become the First State to Require In-Home Surveillance of Newborn Babies

How Orwellian. Especially the part where it says other liberal states are considering the same thing.

You have the right to abort a baby, but if you have one, government needs to approve of your handling of it.

What gets me is why? I mean they going to get babies to vote for them now?

You know how Democrats and terrorists are: baby steps, baby steps.

It's just one more thing to try and condition people into government healthcare. We need to enforce the theme that It Takes A Village. What they really want is government taking care of people from cradle to grave. And while we always took that joke in light, they are actually trying to make it a reality now.

It's an infant wellness program. For those who care the US infant mortality rate is abnormally high and new mothers especially need some help and yes, sometimes babies need to be removed from drug users or unhealthy environments. The way you people twist shit around is amusing.

It's an infant wellness program. For those who care the US infant mortality rate is abnormally high and new mothers especially need some help and yes, sometimes babies need to be removed from drug users or unhealthy environments. The way you people twist shit around is amusing.
I am admitedly infamiliar with this new intrusion.

Is there any due process involved, or is this an automatic intrusion?

And for some idiotic reason "some mothers" and "sometimes babies", becomes all mothers and all babies....dumbass.

United States outpaces all other major developed countries with respect to infant mortality, according to research from the Kaiser Family Foundation.

death rate in the United States 5.7 per 1,000 births in 2017, that number is well in excess of Canada (4.8 per 1,000 births), the United Kingdom (3.9 per 1,000 births), Australia (3.4 per 1,000 births), and Japan (2.1 per 1,000 births).

Newborn screening is the practice of testing every newborn for certain harmful or potentially fatal disorders that aren't otherwise apparent at birth

Screening requirements vary from state to state and are chosen by each state's public health department. Many states have mandatory newborn screening programs, but parents can refuse the testing for their infant if they choose.

Pro life does it end at birth

You know how Democrats and terrorists are: baby steps, baby steps.

It's just one more thing to try and condition people into government healthcare. We need to enforce the theme that It Takes A Village. What they really want is government taking care of people from cradle to grave. And while we always took that joke in light, they are actually trying to make it a reality now.

An entire new meaning to nanny state

United States outpaces all other major developed countries with respect to infant mortality, according to research from the Kaiser Family Foundation.

death rate in the United States 5.7 per 1,000 births in 2017, that number is well in excess of Canada (4.8 per 1,000 births), the United Kingdom (3.9 per 1,000 births), Australia (3.4 per 1,000 births), and Japan (2.1 per 1,000 births).

Newborn screening is the practice of testing every newborn for certain harmful or potentially fatal disorders that aren't otherwise apparent at birth

Screening requirements vary from state to state and are chosen by each state's public health department. Many states have mandatory newborn screening programs, but parents can refuse the testing for their infant if they choose.

Pro life does it end at birth
More rationalization for improper government intrusion.

Governments can do unimaginable things against our will for our own good.

What a total distortion of what the bill is about. Did anyone read it? It is basic wellness and as important, help for new mothers who might otherwise be isolated and overwhelmed. What the hell is wrong with that?

I am admitedly infamiliar with this new intrusion.

Is there any due process involved, or is this an automatic intrusion?
There is nothing. An hysterical rightwing meltdown. The bill itself is simply proposing a study and half these morons didn’t read it.

Directs Oregon Health Authority to study home visiting by licensed health care providers. Re- quires report to interim committee of Legislative Assembly related to health care.

A BILL FOR AN ACT
Relating to home visiting; and declaring an emergency.
Be It Enacted by the People of the State of Oregon:
SECTION 1. The Oregon Health Authority shall study home visiting by licensed health
care providers in this state. The authority shall submit findings and recommendations for legislation to an interim committee of the Legislative Assembly related to health care not later than December 31, 2019.
SECTION 2. Section 1 of this 2019 Act is repealed on January 2, 2020.
SECTION 3. This 2019 Act being necessary for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health and safety, an emergency is declared to exist, and this 2019 Act takes effect on its passage.

Directs Oregon Health Authority to study home visiting by licensed health care providers. Re- quires report to interim committee of Legislative Assembly related to health care.

A BILL FOR AN ACT
Relating to home visiting; and declaring an emergency.
Be It Enacted by the People of the State of Oregon:
SECTION 1. The Oregon Health Authority shall study home visiting by licensed health
care providers in this state. The authority shall submit findings and recommendations for legislation to an interim committee of the Legislative Assembly related to health care not later than December 31, 2019.
SECTION 2. Section 1 of this 2019 Act is repealed on January 2, 2020.
SECTION 3. This 2019 Act being necessary for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health and safety, an emergency is declared to exist, and this 2019 Act takes effect on its passage.
Well, that's a shit ton of emergency declarations.

If there is no mandatory government intrusion, have at it.

Forum List

Back