Oregon Could Become the First State to Require In-Home Surveillance of Newborn Babies

How dare you raise s baby without Big Brother coming into your house all of the time checking up on things.

Then they see a dirty diaper not tossed yet and then take your baby to be raised by the government.

Oregon Could Become the First State to Require In-Home Surveillance of Newborn Babies

What a lying piece of shit you are. This isn't Big Brother, checking up on parents, this is the public health unit checking in with new parents to help them get the service they need.

Responsible countries have had home visits for newborns since public health became a thing. I had a home visits with all of my kids.

The USA has the highest rate in the world of infant deaths, and maternal deaths. The highest. Anything that might help reduce these numbers can't hurt. Like we keep saying: American conservatives care about babies until they're born. After that they're on their own.

Directs Oregon Health Authority to study home visiting by licensed health care providers. Re- quires report to interim committee of Legislative Assembly related to health care.

A BILL FOR AN ACT
Relating to home visiting; and declaring an emergency.
Be It Enacted by the People of the State of Oregon:
SECTION 1. The Oregon Health Authority shall study home visiting by licensed health
care providers in this state. The authority shall submit findings and recommendations for legislation to an interim committee of the Legislative Assembly related to health care not later than December 31, 2019.
SECTION 2. Section 1 of this 2019 Act is repealed on January 2, 2020.
SECTION 3. This 2019 Act being necessary for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health and safety, an emergency is declared to exist, and this 2019 Act takes effect on its passage.
Well, that's a shit ton of emergency declarations.

If there is no mandatory government intrusion, have at it.
Just like the non-intrusive War on Drugs..

The USA has the highest rate in the world of infant deaths, and maternal deaths. The highest. Anything that might help reduce these numbers can't hurt.

You mean like reducing the amount of dangerous narcotics coming from our southern border that women use while being pregnant and even giving birth?

What a total distortion of what the bill is about. Did anyone read it? It is basic wellness and as important, help for new mothers who might otherwise be isolated and overwhelmed. What the hell is wrong with that?

If it is requested by the mother, no objection. If it is mandatory with no freedom of choice, then I have an issue.

It's an infant wellness program. For those who care the US infant mortality rate is abnormally high and new mothers especially need some help and yes, sometimes babies need to be removed from drug users or unhealthy environments. The way you people twist shit around is amusing.
I am admitedly infamiliar with this new intrusion.

Is there any due process involved, or is this an automatic intrusion?

It's not an "intrusion". New mothers welcome these visits. I did.

Anytime you see universal nothing good is going to come of it

There would never be some government loon sniffing around our children

United States outpaces all other major developed countries with respect to infant mortality, according to research from the Kaiser Family Foundation.

death rate in the United States 5.7 per 1,000 births in 2017, that number is well in excess of Canada (4.8 per 1,000 births), the United Kingdom (3.9 per 1,000 births), Australia (3.4 per 1,000 births), and Japan (2.1 per 1,000 births).

Newborn screening is the practice of testing every newborn for certain harmful or potentially fatal disorders that aren't otherwise apparent at birth

Screening requirements vary from state to state and are chosen by each state's public health department. Many states have mandatory newborn screening programs, but parents can refuse the testing for their infant if they choose.

Pro life does it end at birth

Infant mortality is not necessarily related to heath care after brith.

First of all, some countries don't consider a baby a life until several months later if it survives birth defects. In the US, if a baby takes one breath, it's considered a life.

Our drug problem is much more responsible for the death of babies than any government or healthcare program. We also have this income obsession requiring two working parents. What that means is women often skip prenatal care to continue working, and in many cases of infant death, it's because the couple chose to start a family at a much later age than those in other countries. Sometimes women decide to not have children into their later 30's or even 40's due to their profession. The older a woman is when giving birth, the less chance she has at birthing a healthy baby.

What a total distortion of what the bill is about. Did anyone read it? It is basic wellness and as important, help for new mothers who might otherwise be isolated and overwhelmed. What the hell is wrong with that?

If it is requested by the mother, no objection. If it is mandatory with no freedom of choice, then I have an issue.

Agree, but like I said earlier, Democrats and terrorists get what they ultimately want by taking baby steps (no pun intended).

So it starts out as an optional program. After some time, it becomes a requirement. In between that time, it becomes evidence if a child does pass away and the state makes the case a mother refused state assistance that could bring charges against the mother or even both parents.

The USA has the highest rate in the world of infant deaths, and maternal deaths. The highest. Anything that might help reduce these numbers can't hurt.

You mean like reducing the amount of dangerous narcotics coming from our southern border that women use while being pregnant and even giving birth?

The "narcotics" are coming from prescription opioids. That's your drug problem. Merck needs to be shut down.

United States outpaces all other major developed countries with respect to infant mortality, according to research from the Kaiser Family Foundation.

death rate in the United States 5.7 per 1,000 births in 2017, that number is well in excess of Canada (4.8 per 1,000 births), the United Kingdom (3.9 per 1,000 births), Australia (3.4 per 1,000 births), and Japan (2.1 per 1,000 births).

Newborn screening is the practice of testing every newborn for certain harmful or potentially fatal disorders that aren't otherwise apparent at birth

Screening requirements vary from state to state and are chosen by each state's public health department. Many states have mandatory newborn screening programs, but parents can refuse the testing for their infant if they choose.

Pro life does it end at birth

Infant mortality is not necessarily related to heath care after brith.

First of all, some countries don't consider a baby a life until several months later if it survives birth defects. In the US, if a baby takes one breath, it's considered a life.

Our drug problem is much more responsible for the death of babies than any government or healthcare program. We also have this income obsession requiring two working parents. What that means is women often skip prenatal care to continue working, and in many cases of infant death, it's because the couple chose to start a family at a much later age than those in other countries. Sometimes women decide to not have children into their later 30's or even 40's due to their profession. The older a woman is when giving birth, the less chance she has at birthing a healthy baby.

Well you may have a point in your statement but I am not going to touch that topic

You better duck and cover if woman read your post

Still quote "Infant mortality is not necessarily related to heath care"

It is if the baby has some defect or problem and you will want to know as soon as possible because a lack of health care will increase the change of infant mortality. Birth defects appear to be the leading cause of infant mortality.

Still like everyone is saying it is just a proposal at this time

Anytime you see universal nothing good is going to come of it

There would never be some government loon sniffing around our children

What an idiotic attitude. The program employs nurses, and resource workers - people who can get you access to programs, from kindergym at the local library. My daughter takes her babies to a lot of programs at the Early Years Centre at her local recreational centre. There are also wonderful programs at all of the libraries, and a host of resources for parents.

The nurses help plug you into resources like LaLeche for nursing mothers. My daughter found the visits most helpful with her nursing problems, and they got her into a clinic at one of the local hospitals for some issues she was having.

Going through life being suspicious of the people who are working for YOU, and who are there to help YOU. No wonder your country is so fucked up.

What gets me is why? I mean they going to get babies to vote for them now?
It's an infant wellness program. For those who care the US infant mortality rate is abnormally high and new mothers especially need some help and yes, sometimes babies need to be removed from drug users or unhealthy environments. The way you people twist shit around is amusing.

No its another instance of guilty until proven innocent by liberals.

I am admitedly infamiliar with this new intrusion.

Is there any due process involved, or is this an automatic intrusion?

It's not an "intrusion". New mothers welcome these visits. I did.

It depends on the person, someday welcome them others may not, a better way is to ask the mother what they prefer and go from there.

I have caretakers come to the house for my parents all the time, I don’t mind, however it is a choice, not forced.

The "narcotics" are coming from prescription opioids. That's your drug problem. Merck needs to be shut down.

Again with the all or nothing approach, some people have chronic pain and not addicted to opioids and they benefit from the relief from pain. I have an on going prescription and I can go a year without taking one or I may need use them as perscribed.

We are all not the same, we all react differently, peanuts allergies have killed people, why not ban all peanuts? Some mothers don’t want help, others do, some peopl like privacy, others don’t.

It boils down to choices, and individuals.

What gets me is why? I mean they going to get babies to vote for them now?

Sometimes children need to be removed from the home, agreed however if an addict has a baby, the hospital will know right away the addict is an addict immediately, the baby will test positive,

Oregon is very good at the type of birth you want, home, midwife, midwife at the hospital, lots of great choices, the home visits should be a choice as well.

Forum List

Back