Oregon Could Become the First State to Require In-Home Surveillance of Newborn Babies

The USA has the highest rate in the world of infant deaths, and maternal deaths. The highest. Anything that might help reduce these numbers can't hurt.

You mean like reducing the amount of dangerous narcotics coming from our southern border that women use while being pregnant and even giving birth?

The "narcotics" are coming from prescription opioids. That's your drug problem. Merck needs to be shut down.

Doctors don’t prescribe opioid products to pregnant women. Also is the fact that these products have been around my entire life, yet they only became a major problem the last decade or so. Were there people who got hooked years ago? Perhaps. But when the doctor decided the pain relief treatment was complete, there was virtually no place else to get the drug. Today is a much different story partly due to our weak border and Democrats that want to keep it that way like Piglosi and Shoemaker.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

The USA has the highest rate in the world of infant deaths, and maternal deaths. The highest. Anything that might help reduce these numbers can't hurt.

You mean like reducing the amount of dangerous narcotics coming from our southern border that women use while being pregnant and even giving birth?

The "narcotics" are coming from prescription opioids. That's your drug problem. Merck needs to be shut down.

Doctors don’t prescribe opioid products to pregnant women. Also is the fact that these products have been around my entire life, yet they only became a major problem the last decade or so. Were there people who got hooked years ago? Perhaps. But when the doctor decided the pain relief treatment was complete, there was virtually no place else to get the drug. Today is a much different story partly due to our weak border and Democrats that want to keep it that way like Piglosi and Shoemaker.

You should refrain from commenting on things you know nothing about Ray.

The opioid crisis has nothing to do with the southern border Ray. It’s been going on since the 1970’s but Merck, and other Big Pharma companies have only been aggressively pushing these pills to doctors since W started relaxing the rules on over prescribing.

The border and illegal drugs has NOTHING to do with the opioid crisis. Trump is lying about it.

The opioid crisis has nothing to do with the southern border Ray. It’s been going on since the 1970’s but Merck, and other Big Pharma companies have only been aggressively pushing these pills to doctors since W started relaxing the rules on over prescribing.

The border and illegal drugs has NOTHING to do with the opioid crisis. Trump is lying about it.

Experts claim otherwise, so I will call BS on your post.

Democrat doesn't think wall will stop drugs

How heroin and fentanyl get into Philadelphia — and why a border wall likely wouldn’t stop them

How dare you raise s baby without Big Brother coming into your house all of the time checking up on things.

Then they see a dirty diaper not tossed yet and then take your baby to be raised by the government.

Oregon Could Become the First State to Require In-Home Surveillance of Newborn Babies
This is absolutely over reach. While we are at it lets discuss some other over reach like the patriot act and get rid of it also. I would also like to add in the real ID bull shit that is going on. Now our state ID's are not good enough you need a federal one and also have to submit to facial rec programing. This is a slipperry sloap we are on very soon no privacy will be any where. You do realize this has been made possible by the fear mongering over terroists and immmigrants. This is how all of the civil liberty strips have been successfully sold. As long as fear is multiplied there will be a further erosion of civil liberties and continued governmental over reach. We do not need walls we have guns. Quit giving uip civil liberties over fear. Put your fucking cell phones down start doing what humans did for milinia and maybe you will not be so scared. Buy a shot gun get a hunting lisence get back into natrure and regain those skills. People will let laws take over when they have no self reliance skills. Get off your phone and back with people and you will not be so afraid of them any more.

Opioid crisis? What make you feel it's a crisis?

How dare you raise s baby without Big Brother coming into your house all of the time checking up on things.

Then they see a dirty diaper not tossed yet and then take your baby to be raised by the government.

This is absolutely over reach. While we are at it lets discuss some other over reach like the patriot act and get rid of it also. I would also like to add in the real ID bull shit that is going on. Now our state ID's are not good enough you need a federal one and also have to submit to facial rec programing. This is a slipperry sloap we are on very soon no privacy will be any where. You do realize this has been made possible by the fear mongering over terroists and immmigrants. This is how all of the civil liberty strips have been successfully sold. As long as fear is multiplied there will be a further erosion of civil liberties and continued governmental over reach. We do not need walls we have guns. Quit giving uip civil liberties over fear. Put your fucking cell phones down start doing what humans did for milinia and maybe you will not be so scared. Buy a shot gun get a hunting lisence get back into natrure and regain those skills. People will let laws take over when they have no self reliance skills. Get off your phone and back with people and you will not be so afraid of them any more.
What we need is more government.

How Orwellian. Especially the part where it says other liberal states are considering the same thing.

You have the right to abort a baby, but if you have one, government needs to approve of your handling of it.
Why would anyone object to a transsexual freak walking into your home and taking your baby in the name of the State?

What gets me is why? I mean they going to get babies to vote for them now?

They can't protect the babies in the government system now....with all the money we spend on welfare and all the government agencies already devoted to fostering children.....and yet now, having failed miserably at that, they want to expand their coverage....

This is the government at work.....fail miserably, demand more responsibility and control....

It's an infant wellness program. For those who care the US infant mortality rate is abnormally high and new mothers especially need some help and yes, sometimes babies need to be removed from drug users or unhealthy environments. The way you people twist shit around is amusing.

Wrong.....our rate is not abnormally high, they measure deaths differently overseas, which is how they pretend they are going a better job...

What we need is more government.
Like fucking hell we do! We need less fear and less government. Walls and camaras equal less freedom! I do not now about you but I am not particualy afraid walking the streets of America. I am not afraid of Mr. Immmigrant nor am I afraid of Mr. terrorist. The second amendment gives me the lack of fear. I do not need to give up freedom for security. Further more I have some faith in my neighbors cause trouble where I live you are likely better off dealing with the cops. There is more than one person around who can take care of them self and will come to the aid of thier neighbor. Any one who gives up freedom for security deserves neither.

It's an infant wellness program. For those who care the US infant mortality rate is abnormally high and new mothers especially need some help and yes, sometimes babies need to be removed from drug users or unhealthy environments. The way you people twist shit around is amusing.

Here...the truth....

Why American infant mortality rates are so high

Explaining the numbers

The first nuance is one of definition. Infant mortality is defined as the death of babies under the age of one year, but some of the differences between countries can be explained by a difference in how we count.

Is a baby born weighing less than a pound and after only 21 weeks' gestation actually "born?" In some countries, the answer is no, and those births would be counted as stillbirths. In the United States, on the other hand, despite these premature babies' relatively low odds of survival, they would be considered born -- thus counting toward the country's infant mortality rates.

These premature births are the biggest factor in explaining the United States' high infant mortality rate.

The actual bill says nothing of the such...

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2019R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/SB526/Introduced
not sure this page says much of anything at all other than "Hey, law coming..."

What a total distortion of what the bill is about. Did anyone read it? It is basic wellness and as important, help for new mothers who might otherwise be isolated and overwhelmed. What the hell is wrong with that?
can't they just ask for help then? what laws need to be enacted in order to get them help "if needed"?

What a total distortion of what the bill is about. Did anyone read it? It is basic wellness and as important, help for new mothers who might otherwise be isolated and overwhelmed. What the hell is wrong with that?
can't they just ask for help then? what laws need to be enacted in order to get them help "if needed"?
The law might end up being as simple as hospitals providing a travelibg nurse to check in on new mothers should they wish and make sure they are doing ok instead for the first few weeks. It is a good idea given how hard it can be for a new parent, and hidden issues of post partum depression etc that mifht be recognuzed and helped by such visits. It is no different than midwives who visit both before birth and after. It is part of good comprehensive care and easier for the new mother. Why such a truly silly fuss about studying the feasibility of a program that might actually be benificial to a new mother? I doubt they could force it on the unwilling, no evidence that is the intention, instead lots of hysterical screaming.

The law might end up being as simple as hospitals providing a travelibg nurse to check in on new mothers should they wish and make sure they are doing ok instead for the first few weeks. It is a good idea given how hard it can be for a new parent, and hidden issues of post partum depression etc that mifht be recognuzed and helped by such visits. It is no different than midwives who visit both before birth and after. It is part of good comprehensive care and easier for the new mother. Why such a truly silly fuss about studying the feasibility of a program that might actually be benificial to a new mother? I doubt they could force it on the unwilling, no evidence that is the intention, instead lots of hysterical screaming.
i won't deny that the potential is for a "silly fuss" but why can't the hospitals just again - provide this as requested. why does it need to be a "law" to ensure this is done? laws usually are something to enforce and/or punish at times.

at this point there are more questions than answers to this. i don't see why the gov needs to pass laws for services at this point. that just continues to be more government which is more cost to create, maintain and in the end, enforce. do we need a law that says a nurse must go visit, or can this simply be done per request of the mother/family?

don't want more gov in our lives. period. this seems just another step for gov intervention when it's not needed. also, if this is just something that "simple" - why is it an emergency at this point?

i won't deny that the potential is for a "silly fuss" but why can't the hospitals just again - provide this as requested. why does it need to be a "law" to ensure this is done? laws usually are something to enforce and/or punish at times.

at this point there are more questions than answers to this. i don't see why the gov needs to pass laws for services at this point. that just continues to be more government which is more cost to create, maintain and in the end, enforce. do we need a law that says a nurse must go visit, or can this simply be done per request of the mother/family?

don't want more gov in our lives. period. this seems just another step for gov intervention when it's not needed. also, if this is just something that "simple" - why is it an emergency at this point?

All that is happening right now is they are doing a study to see if home visits are helpful and worth the cost..that is all.

It's not the job of government to raise kids by monitoring citizens in their homes. I can't understand why you don't see this as totalitarian.

You're right about that. There's a Rheumatologist here who would give his patients a prescription for both Oxycontin and Oxycodone. They had to go back each month to get a new prescription and each visit was $150.00. I was one of those patients until I realized early on that he was just a legal drug dealer. One of his receptionists told me that he got a huge kickback from the drug company for prescribing their drugs. They paid for lavish vacations that included his family and many other perks. That all came to a screeching halt when the government got involved with their crackdown. I know someone who still goes to him and can barely get anything mild for her pain. I still have Fibromyalgia but have since become to ALL pain meds and the only thing I can take is Ibuprofen.

And, didn't they just catch a huge shipment of Fentanyl coming in on a ship in Philadelphia? And wasn't it a flight attendant who tried to bring in drugs on the plane they were working on? that was in Florida.

It went on to address homeschooling.. I believe that all home schooled children should be monitored by some kind of overseer. Too many times these kids are woefully under prepared to deal with the real world and many can barely read or write. The only kind of reading material they get is of a religious nature and they never get any math or science. And to hear some of them speak, it's doubtful they get any English grammar either.
I know of a couple who home schooled their children because even the church schools here weren't good enough for them. They lived a sheltered life. Well not exactly because the oldest daughter got pregnant at 16. I have since lost touch with them, but am now curious as to what happened to the other ones.

Forum List

Back