Oregon, a Renewable Welfare State

Discussion in 'Energy' started by mdn2000, Dec 10, 2010.

1. mdn2000

mdn2000 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +278
    Oregon is a renewable welfare state, in the worst recession in the history of the United States Oregon is going to increase the size of government and bureacracy all to rape the taxpayers of the entire United States.

On top of this Oregon is taxing existing industry to give subsidies and grants to "renewable energy".

For Oregon, lobbying and taking our tax money from the Obama White house is not enough,

For Oregon giving tax breaks to Renewable Energy is not enough.

For Oregon taxing fossil fuel is not enough

For Oregon passing rules, laws, and regulations mandating Renewable energy is not enough.

Oregon is mandating through law higher electrical rates for consumers.

Not even all this is enough, environmental studies are waved, EPA regulations are waived, all so Renewable energy can make the rich, richer.

Thanks Old Crock.

What is real funny is this website calls itself sustainable, sustaining itself out of my pocket.

OIT lands $2.5M stimulus funding for renewable energy program - Sustainable Business Oregon

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. JiggsCasey

JiggsCasey VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +128
    I'd call them the only state in the union right now that openly acknowledges what is coming. So good for them.

But, what a load of pretentious pap before you got to the meat of your gripe: The story itself :rolleyes: ... Please link to what you're talking about with "EPA regulations being waved."

How can guys like you lose your mind over the extrapolation of a 100 million "out of your pocket" and never bat an eye at the $630 billion "out of your pocket" for the Pentagon every year? Or the half a trillion in drug profits laundered through corporate banks every year? No outrage there, huh? Perhaps the coke and opium crops can start a direct revenue stream for the Pentagon, and we can cut out the middle man.

Where are your priorities, exactly? This is the best you have to complain about? Renewable energy initiative? Seriously? :rolleyes:

This is the kind of stuff you guys complain about every day, while your ideological heroes cook books and eliminate oversight for exponentially more wasteful "pet projects."

Read a book.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  3. mdn2000

mdn2000 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +278
    My priorities, glad you asked, having enough money in my pocket to buy food and clothes which gets harder and harder the more Jiggs reaches in and takes what Jiggs wants. Why should I have my money taken to make a measly 22 mega watts at a cost of billions, nice how Jiggs reduces the cost to a few million not even offering a thread of proof but let a conservative such as I, the Electrical Power Research Institute Analyst, I the person who works inside Geothermal plants, I say inside as in literally physically my body inside of the components, yes let me state the EPA regulations are thrown out and Jiggs demands a link.

Where is your peak oil theory link,

Whats wrong Jiggs, you still aint found a thread for your peak oil theory, I challenged you and you came up empty, you would not provide a link or even a name, all you did was point me to a post or two that did not even address peak oil.

So now you pretend you know something about Geothermal energy, you know something about Renewable Energy. Prove it, you do not know anything except responding with anger and obfuscation.

Instead of addressing anything I post you want to talk about the Drug war and the Pentagon.

The 25 Best Ann Coulter Quotes About Liberals | Right Wing News

4. mdn2000

mdn2000 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +278
    You know what is pretty stupid of the Renewable Energy believers, that they believe Renewable Energy grows on trees.

It is undeniable that Renewable Energy cost more money to build and makes less profit, why.

Because you have to make more materials, if you make more materials you need to use more energy.

Renewable energy uses more energy to build, you never recoup the lost. The power output is too little.

5. mdn2000

mdn2000 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +278
    Being an EPRI analyst I also do inspection and aquire date for other analyst and engineers, I have inspected and acquired data from these pipes

http://www.specialmetalswelding.com/papers/GRIFFIN%20ARTICLE.pdf

I thought I could attach the picture but I cannot for some reason.

Anyone who doubts my EPA waived claim must look at the photos in this link, that brine leaking all over is full of Arsenic, I know, I worked here, I can post a MSDS sheet that attests to Arsenic, Selenium, Cobalt 60, etc. I even got an Arsenic burn to my ass when I kind of sat in the shit while working.

6. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    Oregon has one of the nation's worst unemployment rates. And yes, we did raise taxes last year. And I don't see it getting any better any time soon.

7. mdn2000

mdn2000 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +278
    The problem with Renewable energy advocates is they read an article and think they know the subject. If all your doing is linking, your not thinking.

I work in Geothermal plants hence I know the topics to research and thus can sift through the fluff to the meat of the subject.

The above post of mine I linked and quoted the output of U.S. Geothermal inc.'s proposed project. 22 mega watts. Is that the actual output, no, not in the least. We do not know what the output will be. What we do know is the corporation (and remember all corporations are evil except the ones liberals like) is posting the output that will be most favorable.

So what is "capacity", do those who link to articles really understand what they are being led to believe by the author of the article, do they even know the articles are paid advertisements, press releases, or just good ole marketing. Do they know who paid to control the "keywords" that direct searches to what they want the public to believe.

So what is capacity and is the article being truthful?

http://www.seas.gwu.edu/~dorpjr/Publications/ConferenceProceedings/GRC2006.pdf

8. JiggsCasey

JiggsCasey VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Uh huh. Based on your wanting grasp of basic energy issues, I'm gonna call further BS on this claim, cool guy. Perhaps you're the janitor?

My God, are you ever a noodle. So by that gorilla logic, if you demanded for "a link" defining photosynthesis, and I didn't bother outlining something so obvious and accepted, would that somehow mean that plants don't feed off carbon dioxide? LOL. Are you so helpless that you can't educate yourself on a widely-accepted geological fact? I've provided video which you've refused to watch. I've linked to the IEA report, the Joint Chiefs' JOE report, and many others confirming and explaining peak. You can lead a jackass to links, but I guess you can't make them read or watch.

Look it up, take your pick of whatever source you like. It's no secret, dumbass.

If you still insist on faking ignorant and being spoonfed, very well. ... For the 300th time: Peak oil simply refers to the period in history where global light crude production reaches its apex before beginning slow, yet terminal decline. Such a scenario most certainly signifies the end of growth, and the overwhelming evidence supports that peak is here.

9. mdn2000

mdn2000 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +278
    Your the one who kept talking about this Peak Oil theory, I thought you read the actual theory, not the press release, I wanted to see it, then debate it, thats all, so you read articles. Big deal.

Right now I am analyzing data from the primary coolant system of a nuclear reactor, specifically the heat exchanger, there is a industry wide problem, pwscc, that is primary water stress corrosion cracking. At this particular plant its associated with denting at the top of the tubesheets. Along with the denting there is a sledge pile that attributes to the problem as well. This is occuring in Iconell 600, the replacement heat exchangers utilize Icnonell 690. The only problem thus far with Icononell 690 is fretting at the tube supports and anti-vibration bars.

10. mdn2000

mdn2000 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +278
    At Geothermal plants I did field work for the Analyst and Engineers. I have done visual inspection of replacement piping, a simple job even Jiggs could do, I had to get on my belly, on a skateboard and creep along the inside of the pipes, replacement pipes and inspect the cement lining for cracks or chips.

I also did Ultrasound thickness gauging of the pipes, lots of corrosion on the inner diameters.

I also acquired data on the inside of a vertical heat exchanger, I guided the probe into the tubes while another man operated the probe pusher from the outside. I had to sit on a board made of wood, the heat exchanger is 50' high. I had to be confined spaced trained to enter as it is an oxygen deficient environment. Confined spaces kill all the time due to the lack of oxygen so they have a safety tech measure the level of oxygen, off the top of my head I think less than 18% or 17% in when you die, I forget though. At the Salton Sea Geothermal plants I had to wear a respirator and a rubber rain suit. The respirator was to protect me from the Arsenic, the brine that comes from the geothermal well is loaded with Arsenic. After they opened the heat exchanger and it dried out the Arsenic was a dust in the air. The plant ANST Level III thought he was doing me a favor when he convinced Safety I did not need the rain-suit, he got me a white paper suit instead, I had the great idea of washing the Arsenic out of the air from the top of the heat exchanger, we were acquiring the data from the outlet on the bottom, where the board I sat on. The respirators are not a 100% efficient, I know these things because I had to be respirator qualified when I "Jumped" into the heat exchangers inside the nuclear power plants, you also need a pulmonary function test, so I got the Arsenic washed out of the air, I could see it as dust. It was being absorbed in the rubber of the respirator which gave us a rash where the rubber touched our face. The board got saturated with arsenic, which eventually made it through the paper suit, the burn to my ass was just a little warm, two days later, I noticed after about three days, I went to the doctor, he had to call the Poison center I believe in Atlanta, they said it was no big deal, Arsenic was not absorbed threw skin and would only penetrate a couple layers of skin. The end result was like a bad sunburn in which my ass peeled kind of heavy.

The geothermal plants at the south end of the salton sea are surrounded by asparagus fields, migratory birds and billions of crickets, it was cool to watch the crickets die as they found their way into the water puddle underneath the heat exchanger. I always wondered about the crickets that tracked the arsenic on their legs and found themselves ate by the birds.

anyhow I could go on and on about my job.

I have some stories about working in Beaumont texas at the Exxon Mobile Hydro-cracker as well.