Orange County Choppers

Snouter

Can You Smell Me
Aug 3, 2013
It is really amazing how TV can create something. Their products are bizarre, usually ugly and obviously unrideable for the most part.

It is really amazing how TV can create something. Their products are bizarre, usually ugly and obviously unrideable for the most part.
They rode'em on the show!

What do you have against America?

I suppose you're into Muslim Choppers? Or Iranian Knuckleheads? Or al Qaeda Indians?

Their bikes are capable of being ridden, but are worthless as transportation. With poor suspensions (if any), stretched-out frames, no place to store anything, their handling is undoubtedly frightening. God help you if you encounter something unusual (say, a deer) while riding.

But all of that is irrelevant. They are stylized fashion statements, based on the preference of the person or company that is ordering it. The people who buy them pay a ton of money, and with a very few exceptions, they are thrilled with what they get for their money.

That's as good a measure of "success" or "quality" as I can think of.

Are they still making programs? I haven't seen them for it seems like quite a long time. I personally found all the self-absorbed bullshit to be very tiring.

Their bikes are capable of being ridden, but are worthless as transportation. With poor suspensions (if any), stretched-out frames, no place to store anything, their handling is undoubtedly frightening. God help you if you encounter something unusual (say, a deer) while riding.

But all of that is irrelevant. They are stylized fashion statements, based on the preference of the person or company that is ordering it. The people who buy them pay a ton of money, and with a very few exceptions, they are thrilled with what they get for their money.

That's as good a measure of "success" or "quality" as I can think of.

Are they still making programs? I haven't seen them for it seems like quite a long time. I personally found all the self-absorbed bullshit to be very tiring.

I've been to their shop and their bikes are mostly cartoonish choppers with doo-dads welded on to make a theme. Most of the choppers from the show never make it to their intended customers and are displayed in their shop/museum/gift shop

They also have a part of the shop where they sell their commercial bikes which other than the OCC logo and high prices are nothing to look at

Well, rightwinger, what are the qualities that go into a "good" chopper? A "good" chopper and a "good" motorcycle are two different things.

I disagree that "most" of them end up on display at their shop. Several of the original ones do, but most end up with the client for whom they are made.

Well, rightwinger, what are the qualities that go into a "good" chopper? A "good" chopper and a "good" motorcycle are two different things.

I disagree that "most" of them end up on display at their shop. Several of the original ones do, but most end up with the client for whom they are made.

The bikes on the show are meant to be displayed not ridden. Doesn't make for a "good" chopper

In terms of safety, many have decorative features that look like they would impale a rider in an accident

Last edited:
Safety? Chopper? No one who is concerned about safety would ever consider riding a chopper. Or a motorcycle, for that matter.Most chopper afficionados don't even wear a helmet.

Still, your point is valid, some of their design features are unnecessarily hazardous.

Forum List

Back