Oprah wants respect for Obama

Oprah NOT inviting Palin, and saying it was becasue she wanted to be neutral and THEN inviting the Obamasiah IS hypocritical.

no other way about it

She want's Respect for Obama?

Respect is earned, and you do not earn it. By hiding who you really are to get elected, Lying to the American People repeatedly, Suing whole states, and passing laws the Majority of people do not want.

I had more respect for the man as a Candidate than I do now.

He seemed like a logical, Centrist guy as a candidate, and turned into a rabid Ideologue once elected.

Sorry I have no respect for that.

Oprah NOT inviting Palin, and saying it was becasue she wanted to be neutral and THEN inviting the Obamasiah IS hypocritical.

no other way about it

Respect is earned, and you do not earn it. By hiding who you really are to get elected, Lying to the American People repeatedly, Suing whole states, and passing laws the Majority of people do not want.

He seemed like a logical, Centrist guy as a candidate, and turned into a rabid Ideologue once elected.

me niether

I guess the Right fears Oprah, starting posts about her when she's not even running. (using logic of Right on this one, folks)

The point is the hypocrisy of many on the left. The disrespect Bush received during his administration was just as bad, if not worse. But it was ok then?

I think many people may loose respect for Oprah for even saying this, (if they already haven't) as she's pointing a finger as if she's holier than thou.

Does anyone remember how Oprah treated President Bush during his administration?

I do not as I do not and have not ever watched Oprah, but I wonder did she in anyway disrespect President Bush. For her to be termed a hypocrite in this regard she would have had to have shown disrespect for President Bush. If she was respectful to President Bush, then I gotta agree with her in regards to respecting the office of the President AND the man (or future woman) who holds that office.

Immie

I lost respect for Oprah a long time ago, so what she says mean jack shit.

And as a lot have said, where was she with all this bull when Bush was in office.

she's a phony.

no other way about it

You want to know something that I find as funny? Everyone is saying "respect is earned" in this thread and I have always been taught differently. Respect is lost. You respect your elders... until they do something that causes you to lose respect for them. In the same way, you respect the President of the United States until he does something to lose that respect. You respect a police officer until he/she does something to lose that respect. I respect posters that come on here and state their points of view... until they lose that respect.

Respect is not "earned". Respect is lost.

I have to disagree with all of those that say, "Respect is earned". Respect is not earned it is cast away by those who have lost their right to be respected. IMHO!!

Immie

no other way about it

You really should be ashamed of yourself for making a post that stupid.

no other way about it

:eusa_eh:

It was a thoughtful post. Just because you don't agree doesn't make it stupid.

And here I thought you were above that type of comment. This thread is eye opening.

And here I thought you were above that type of comment. This thread is eye opening.

The post is idiocy. Obama did no such thing. You're as a big a dumbass as the poster if you think so.

no other way about it

i second that.obama has not proven to be anything but a lier..:eusa_liar:

The post is idiocy. Obama did no such thing. You're as a big a dumbass as the poster if you think so.

I don't think like the poster. I did my research and thought the guy was toxic from the get go.

Now enough with the name calling.

OH I see ny says Obama did no such thing, so that must make it true.

The fact you feel the need to call me a Dumbass says it all. You need to grow up.

Yes Obama did pretend to be a Centrist as a candidate then move to the left once elected. Yes he did sue an entire state, yes he has pushed for passage of unpopular laws.

Exactly what are you saying he never did?

no other way about it

You want to know something that I find as funny? Everyone is saying "respect is earned" in this thread and I have always been taught differently. Respect is lost. You respect your elders... until they do something that causes you to lose respect for them. In the same way, you respect the President of the United States until he does something to lose that respect. You respect a police officer until he/she does something to lose that respect. I respect posters that come on here and state their points of view... until they lose that respect.

Respect is not "earned". Respect is lost.

I have to disagree with all of those that say, "Respect is earned". Respect is not earned it is cast away by those who have lost their right to be respected. IMHO!!

Immie

Well in that case, Obama lost my respect shortly after he started actually governing.

Why is it hypocritical for Oprah to support Obama?

I think that the point of the OP was that Oprah was not demanding respect for the office of the POTUS during Bush's term.

Yes that is exactly the point. Where was Oprah Demanding respect for the office for the 8 Years that the Left, and the Democrats Where tossing every name in the book at Bush? Calling him Hitler and making movies about killing him, and sending him Pretzels to choke on?

Now we are suppose to what? Shut up and let Obama lead with out any dissent?

Please, what goes around comes around.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back