Opinions on this under reported event.

I don't believe in 'hate crime' bullshit.... even if of the same race on both sides, a crime like this is not done in the name of kindness... violent crimes, by nature, can all be deemed 'hate crime' by some definition...

So while i think these vile pieces of subhuman shit should be slowly executed with as much pain and suffering as humanly possible.... I do not support this as a politically defined 'hate crime'

Where did he say that? Because that is simply not true.

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
spc.gif

RUSH: I want you to hear this. June 25th, a week ago, Senate Judiciary Committee, Eric Holder testifying, and this is the question. "Jeff Sessions presents a hypothetical where a minister gives a sermon, quotes the Bible about homosexuality and is thereafter attacked..." You know what the media didn't pick up yet? Whether liberalism is chosen or whether you're born with it. Once they get through the fog of the Jackson death, Media Matters will get that to 'em. I'm sure they have it. It's just a matter of it hasn't penetrated the fog there at the editors' desks. Anyway, a question, hypothetical. "[A] minister gives a sermon, quotes the Bible about homosexuality, is thereafter attacked by a gay activist because of what the minister said about his religious beliefs and what Scripture says about homosexuality." Is the minister protected, is what Sessions said. Here's a portion of the answer, the testimony from Eric Holder.

HOLDER: Well, the statute would not -- would not necessarily cover that. We're talking about crimes that have a historic basis. Groups who have been targeted for violence as a result of the color of their skin, their sexual orientation, that is what this statute tends -- is designed to cover. We don't have the indication that the attack was motivated by a person's desire to strike at somebody who was in one of these protected groups. That would not be covered by the statute.

RUSH: In other words: ministers and whites are not covered by the hate crime statute because we're talking about crimes that have a historic basis, groups who have been targeted for violence as a result of their skin color, sexual orientation. So hate crimes are reserved exclusively for blacks and homosexuals. Everybody else can get to the back of the bus on this one. So if you're a minister, if you're white, he didn't even say -- well, sexual orientation, that's not gender. Not unless you've got an addadictomy, and he didn't talk about that, either. So I guess at the front of the bus are blacks and gays on hate crimes.
spc.gif
Can you show me where Holder said that whites, especially white ministers and Christians, would have equal protection under hate crimes law? Hint: Holder specifically excluded whites, especially white ministers and Christians.

First of all, you have Rush Limpballs saying that. And that's a clue as to it being wrong right there. Here are some hate crime stats:

Victims - Hate Crime Statistics, 2007

From this site:

Hate Crime Statistics, 2007

I think I would go with the links over Rush's attempts to claim white persecution.
I could have chosen from other websites reporting the same thing, but I set a trap to see if you would dismiss the truth just because it was Rush Limbaugh.....and you fell for it! :lol: Rush was quoting from the transcript of Holder's racist testimony and I bolded those parts for you. Since you fell for my trap, I guess you have just shown how intolerant and full of hate you are towards those who think differently than you do. Even when they quote directly from Holder's own words in the transcript.

And those stats are dated since the hate crimes bill in congress right now is what Rush and others are talking about with our new Racist-In-Chief telling Holder that it's OK to ignore hate crimes against whites.

Last edited:
Hate crime? Nah, can't you feel the love in the air?

I guarantee if the couple had been black and the perpetrators white, it would without a doubt be a hate crime.

Why would it be classified a hate crime if their races were reversed?

Because a racial double standard exists. Cases in point:

- Blacks “may not have some of the necessities to be, let’s say, a field manager, or, perhaps, a general manager” in baseball,” baseball executive Al Campanis said on Nightline. Also, he said blacks are not good swimmers “because they don’t have the buoyancy.” Campanis, who was a friend of baseball great Jackie Robinson, who broke the color barrier, was forced to resign over his remarks two days later.

Business decision.

- Legendary broadcaster Howard Cosell said during a broadcast on ABC’s Monday Night Football that elusive Washington Redskins player Alvin Garrett (an African American) was a “little monkey.” Cosell, who had done much to promote black athletes such as Muhammad Ali, was forced to resign from MNF over the controversy, even though his defenders say he used the same description for players of other ethnic groups.

Business decision.

- “I still can’t find my wallet. I don’t understand him, and I don’t want to sit close to him now.” So said baseball broadcaster Steve Lyons, joking after colleague Lou Pinella spoke of the luck of finding a wallet, and then briefly used some Spanish phrases. Fox Sports fired Lyons, who had made several other remarks deemed insensitive over the years, from his playoff assignment. The L.A. Dodgers, who employed Lyons during the regular season, announced they would keep him on if he underwent diversity training.

Business decision.

- “I think what we’ve had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. There is a little hope invested in [Eagles quarterback Donovan] McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn’t deserve. The defense carried this team.” So said Rush Limbaugh, who was forced to resign as a football analyst for ESPN, even though his criticism (though perhaps off the mark concerning McNabb) was directed at the media.

Business decision.

- “Somewhere there are some brothers. . . . [Maybe] his great, great, great, great grandma ran over in the hood or something went down. … Great, great, great, great Grandma pulled one of them studs up outta the barn.” ESPN personality Michael Irvin, who is black, said this about the athletic ability of Dallas quarterback Tony Romo, who is white. So far Irvin, who got into trouble as a player for using prostitutes and drugs, still has his ESPN gig.

Business decision.

- “Because [the Winter Olympics] are so trying, maybe over the next three weeks we should all try too. … So try not to laugh when someone says these are the world’s greatest athletes, despite a paucity of blacks that makes the Winter Games look like a GOP convention.” So said pompous broadcaster Bryant Gumbel, who is black. Gumbel has just started a gig as a play-by-play announcer for the NFL Network.

And....? Point out where that makes a stereotype rather than a statistical fact?

- After two black audience members heckled him at the Laugh Factory comedy club, Michael Richards retorted: “Shut up! Fifty years ago we’d have you upside down with a f------ fork up your a--. … You can talk, you can talk, you’re brave now mother------. Throw his a-- out. He’s a n-----!” Richards apologized on the Letterman show, but black leaders said this wasn’t enough and that he needs sensitivity training. Richards was scheduled to appear on Jesse Jackson’s radio show to make another apology. The club has banned him.

Business decision.

- In the infamous Tawana Brawley case, a 15-year-old black girl claimed that she had been assaulted and raped by six white men, some of them police officers. The claim, later found to be fraudulent, was hyped by black “community activist” Al Sharpton, who accused without evidence New York prosecutor Steven Pagones of being one of the men involved. Pagones later was awarded $345,000 in a defamation suit. Sharpton, a minister, refused to apologize, and one of his rich friends paid for him. Sharpton also contributed to the Crown Height Riots by accusing “diamond merchants” [Hasidic Jews] of shedding “the blood of innocent babies.” Sharpton has since been a candidate for president in the Democratic primaries.

And no one here will deny that Sharpton is a race baiter...but let us also remember such cases as the Sharon Smith case where black men were rounded up when she claimed that a black man kidnapped her children, children she herself and killed. And a case here in San Diego several years ago where a teenage girl said some Hispanic day workers had tried to rape her on her way home from school and for several days, Hispanics who didn't even fit her so called description were rounded up...and it eventually was found out she made it up to explain getting home late.

- Jesse Jackson once said President Nixon didn’t do much about poverty in the U.S. because “four out of five [of Nixon’s top advisors] are German Jews and their priorities are on Europe and Asia.” Jackson once remarked that he was “sick and tired of hearing about the Holocaust”; that “very few Jewish reporters that have the capacity to be objective about Arab affairs.” He has referred to Jews as “hymies” and to New York City as “Hymietown.” Jackson remains a fixture of racialized activism in the Democratic Party.

Yes, Jackson and Nixon had something in common, they both are (were) anti-semitic. And we all know that Jackson is anti-semitic...and a race-baiter. No surprises there.

- “The black is a better athlete because he’s been bred to be that way,” gambling oddsmaker Jimmy the Greek told a CBS television crew. “During slave trading, the slave owner would breed his big woman so that he would have a big, black kid, see. That’s where it all started.” A disgraced Jimmy the Greek was fired.

Business decision

Mel Gibson, of course, said the following during a traffic arrest: “F-----g Jews. The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world.” Gibson was drunk at the time and said later that the words did not represent what was in his heart. Jewish groups, already suspicious of Gibson because of his father’s anti-Semitic beliefs and because of his film The Passion of the Christ, were slow to forgive.

Mel Gibson is one messed up dude....you want to use him as an example?

- White House tapes recorded evangelist Billy Graham saying little about the anti-Semitic rants of his friend Richard Nixon. A frail Graham apologized, but his sterling reputation was tarnished.

Really? I seem to remember Graham as one of the more decent, admired evangelists. Who knew.

- Football great Reggie White, since deceased, addressing the Wisconsin legislature, praised various ethnicities for their gifts, including blacks for their worship, Hispanics for their commitment to family, Asians for their creativity, and whites for their managerial acumen. White said the groups together reveal a more complete picture of the image of God. White, who habitually used his fame and fortune to help the less fortunate, was the brunt of widespread ridicule, though his remarks (though stereotypical) disparaged no group.

I don't remember any ridicule about his statement except I believe he made comments about gay people...not nice comments.

Can you show me where Holder said that whites, especially white ministers and Christians, would have equal protection under hate crimes law? Hint: Holder specifically excluded whites, especially white ministers and Christians.

First of all, you have Rush Limpballs saying that. And that's a clue as to it being wrong right there. Here are some hate crime stats:

Victims - Hate Crime Statistics, 2007

From this site:

Hate Crime Statistics, 2007

I think I would go with the links over Rush's attempts to claim white persecution.
I could have chosen from other websites reporting the same thing, but I set a trap to see if you would dismiss the truth just because it was Rush Limbaugh.....and you fell for it! :lol: Rush was quoting from the transcript of Holder's racist testimony and I bolded those parts for you. Since you fell for my trap, I guess you have just shown how intolerant and full of hate you are towards those who think differently than you do. Even when they quote directly from Holder's own words in the transcript.

And those stats are dated since the hate crimes bill in congress right now is what Rush and others are talking about with our new Racist-In-Chief telling Holder that it's OK to ignore hate crimes against whites.

Wow! You didn't even look at my Justice Dept. links, did you? :lol::lol::lol: Indeed.

- Blacks “may not have some of the necessities to be, let’s say, a field manager, or, perhaps, a general manager” in baseball,” baseball executive Al Campanis said on Nightline. Also, he said blacks are not good swimmers “because they don’t have the buoyancy.” Campanis, who was a friend of baseball great Jackie Robinson, who broke the color barrier, was forced to resign over his remarks two days later.

Business decision.

Business decision.

Business decision.

Business decision.

Business decision.

And....? Point out where that makes a stereotype rather than a statistical fact?

Business decision.

And no one here will deny that Sharpton is a race baiter...but let us also remember such cases as the Sharon Smith case where black men were rounded up when she claimed that a black man kidnapped her children, children she herself and killed. And a case here in San Diego several years ago where a teenage girl said some Hispanic day workers had tried to rape her on her way home from school and for several days, Hispanics who didn't even fit her so called description were rounded up...and it eventually was found out she made it up to explain getting home late.

Yes, Jackson and Nixon had something in common, they both are (were) anti-semitic. And we all know that Jackson is anti-semitic...and a race-baiter. No surprises there.

Business decision

- White House tapes recorded evangelist Billy Graham saying little about the anti-Semitic rants of his friend Richard Nixon. A frail Graham apologized, but his sterling reputation was tarnished.

Really? I seem to remember Graham as one of the more decent, admired evangelists. Who knew.

- Football great Reggie White, since deceased, addressing the Wisconsin legislature, praised various ethnicities for their gifts, including blacks for their worship, Hispanics for their commitment to family, Asians for their creativity, and whites for their managerial acumen. White said the groups together reveal a more complete picture of the image of God. White, who habitually used his fame and fortune to help the less fortunate, was the brunt of widespread ridicule, though his remarks (though stereotypical) disparaged no group.

I don't remember any ridicule about his statement except I believe he made comments about gay people...not nice comments.

I'm glad you recognize the double standard.

Business decision.

Business decision.

Business decision.

Business decision.

Business decision.

Business decision.

Business decision

However, if these were mostly business decisions...whose double standard are we talking about?

Business decision.

Business decision.

Business decision.

Business decision.

Business decision.

Business decision.

Business decision

However, if these were mostly business decisions...whose double standard are we talking about?

Societies.

I take it you're not convinced. Here let me show yet another example, On October 14, 2005 and Black Professor by the name of Kamau Kambon, while addressing a panel at Howard University Law School, used these words live on C-SPAN: "We have to exterminate White people off the face of the planet." During an interview on the O'Reilly Factor with Bill O'Reilly, a Black author and radio personality named Quanell X made these extremely racist remarks: "I say in the words of Malcolm X, if you find any good White people, kill them now before they turn bad." There was no media backlash. No pickets. No "Stop the Hate" marches. And there certainly were no live media conferences discussing hate and racism in the media as there was for Don Imus' "nappy-headed hoes" comment.

Other examples from American life are readily available. “Support Black Businesses” is a theme often echoed by the African-American community. What if someone said “Support White Businesses?” Would they be labeled as racist? What about the United Negro College Fund? Would a United White College Fund escape scrutiny for discrimination or racism? What about BET (Black Entertainment Television)? Would it be racist to have White Entertainment Televison? Or United Caucasion College Fund, National Advancment for White People, League of United European American Citizens?

Can you honestly say that a racial double standard doesn't exist?

I live in an adjoining city to Knoxville, and this crime rocked us all to the core. I learned quite a bit from this case, mostly regarding safety/security. I own and know how to use a gun for the first time in my 47 years. I never liked guns and didn't want to be around them. But now, it's a different world.

These kids, (she was 21, he was 23) were simply leaving an apartment complex. It was only 10:00 pm on a Saturday night. They were not in a "bad" neighborhood. They didn't feel threatened or afraid. 3 predators attacked them. 3 armed men carjacked them and led them to a most gruesome death. 2 more predators were waiting and became part of the crime at the Chipman Street house.

Was it a hate crime because it was black on white? ABSOLUTELY NOT. It was a hate crime because no human could do what was done to these children unless the perpetrator was motivated by hatred. The sheer overkill of this crime proves that.

The crime itself was a horror story come to life. Even more horrific is the fact that the parents of these kids get to live this again and again and again. These parents saw pictures of their babies after they had been mutilated and murdered. To add insult to injury, they were forced to view them prior to the trial so they wouldn't "over-react" to the images when the photos were shown to the jury during trial.

They were made to write down their victim's impact statement and practice the statements for approval by the court days before the verdict. Christopher's parents didn't get to speak to the jury because Cobbins wasn't found guilty of murder in his death, only Channon's. The prosecution was not allowed to present Channon and Christopher as the living, breathing, people they were before this crime, only the autopsy and crime scene photos. Not smiling, laughing, lively children, only horribly mutilated corpses.

Then, the day that the sentencing deliberations began, Mr. Cobbins was allowed to parade a group of people through the courthouse to speak on his behalf. These people didn't attend a single day of the trial, they just drove up from Memphis to sob and beg for lienency, and they were gone before the jury came back with a sentence. But they did impact the decision, because he was given LWP instead of death.

On October 18th, trial begins for the one who has been labeled the "ring leader". "Slim" has gone from "SUPER THUG" to "COLLEGE BOY" in the course of the last two years. He is trying to hide his true identity behind a facade of normalcy, but he is a monster.

He plays the system to the hilt. He demanded a Knox County jury. I fear that the jury in this trial will be the undoing of the prosecution because all the members of the jury and alternates are white with the exception of one black gentleman. It appears that the prosecution has swung the door wide open for an overturn of a guilty verdict on appeal. I hope I am wrong, but only time will tell.

One thing I want to make clear is this: The people who did this look just like us. They don't show outward signs of the rage that lives within. People just like these walk among us every day, every where we go. Case in point: After raping, mutilating and killing Christopher, then raping, sodomizing, mutilating and torturing Channon for several hours, these people loaded up and went shopping at Target while she was tied up, alive and suffering, at the Chipman Street house.

Please use this as a "teaching moment". Take every precaution you can to keep yourself and your family safe. And most importantly, never let an opportunity to hug the people you care about pass you by. Tell them, and show them that you love them every chance you get. You truly don't know that you will have another opportunity.

Thanks for your reply Dogbert. Here is a link from of all places...Snopes. I cannot understand why this story got ZERO coverage in the MSM....ZERO!!!

snopes.com: Murders of Christopher Newsom and Channon Christian

Hey, dumdum, did you not even read the Snopes analysis? If you had, you would have seen that neither Newsom nor Christian were mutilated as described in the 2007 INTERNET sensational reporting.

Carjackings, sex crimes, and violence in general happen every day all across the country. Probably a few heinous ones even today, October 7, 2009.

Jaisus, it must be a slow news day.

The defense tried to paint the victims as drug seeking friends of the accused, to plant doubt in the minds of the jury as to the integrity of the kids, but after a little more than 8 hours of deliberation, the jury found Lamarcis Davidson guilty of 40 of 43 counts. The three counts he was found not guilty of were the actual rape of Chris Newsom.

As I said in my earlier post, we probably won't see them get the needle (or whatever the executioners use by the time they make through the appeals process) but just knowing that he will never be allowed the opportunity to do this kind of thing again is something.

I read that but let's put this in perspective.

Here we have a situation where 5 black people are being tried for a horrific crime and then there is the Texas truck dragging incident where the national media went apeshit over it for 6 months.

If we can here stories every fricken day about how bad the white race treats the black race why can't we have some fair and balanced reporting?

My question still stands to other readers of this post...does this incident constitute a hate crime?

Only if it were racially motivated. I don't generally like the idea of "hate crimes" because it isn't clear what makes one that - lots of grey area. But simply because a person of one color/gender/religion commits a crime on another does not make it a hate crime.

it happens to often to be news..that is the excuse the news media uses not to report child abuse cases ...i wonder when they will stop reporting the murder of kids....it just happens all the time

I read that but let's put this in perspective.

Here we have a situation where 5 black people are being tried for a horrific crime and then there is the Texas truck dragging incident where the national media went apeshit over it for 6 months.

If we can here stories every fricken day about how bad the white race treats the black race why can't we have some fair and balanced reporting?

My question still stands to other readers of this post...does this incident constitute a hate crime?

It's just like we hear for months on end all about a young blonde girl gone missing in Aruba but not a peep about any of the many black kids that go missing.

Is it racially motivated cover up?

it happens to often to be news..that is the excuse the news media uses not to report child abuse cases ...i wonder when they will stop reporting the murder of kids....it just happens all the time

With news being instantaneously being reported nationally - there isn't time or space to report every crime. Much remains reported locally and that's appropriate. When it comes to crime and stuff I'm more interested in what is going on in my community than Podunk USA.

I see the point you are trying to make. That if it is white against black crime, it is prosecuted as a hate crime. If it is black against white, it is just a crime. Its just more "I'm a white male" whining BS.

Hate crime relates to motive, not whether the victim is of another race. If, in the above case, the perpetrators had planned to specifically kidnap and torture someone because of their race...it would be prosecuted as a hate crime.
If you have no proof as to motivation.....it is prosecuted as a kidnapping/murder

Doesn't mean they get off scott free and the viciousness of the crime will be a mitigating factor at sentencing

The persons pictured below; car-jacked, then raped Christopher Newsom, cut off his penis, then set him on fire and fatally shot him several times while they forced his girlfriend, Channon Christian, to watch. An even more cruel fate awaited her!

Channon Christian was beaten and gang-raped in many ways for four days by all of them, while they took turns urinating on her. Then they cut off her breasts and put chemicals in her mouth... and then murdered her.

Here are pic's of the couple and the alleged perpetraitors of this horrific crime.

murder%20victims2.jpg

Do you consider this a hate crime? Why or why not?

All murders, rapes, tortures, mayems, and so on are hate crimes.

What was done to these two was totally hateful and the perpetrators are hateful people, no doubt about it, but to make special crimes hate crimes and others not? Too broad a brush to paint with and can come back to haunt us all later....

ALL victims are special, and all these crimes are done in hate. Just enforce the laws we have!

Davidson was found guilty of this:

Comprehensive rundown of conviction
  • GUILTY: First degree felony murder of Chris Newsom during perpetration of robbery of Newsom
  • GUILTY: First degree felony murder of Chris Newsom during perpetration of robbery of Channon Christian
  • GUILTY: First degree felony murder of Channon Christian during the perpetration of robbery of Newsom
  • GUILTY: First degree felony murder of Channon Christian during perpetration of robbery of Christian
  • GUILTY: First degree felony murder of Chris Newsom during perpetration of kidnapping of Newsom
  • GUILTY: First degree felony murder of Chris Newsom during perpetration of kidnapping of Christian
  • GUILTY: First degree felony murder of Channon Christian during perpetration of kidnapping of Newsom
  • GUILTY: First degree felony murder of Channon Christian during perpetration of kidnapping of Christian
  • GUILTY: First degree felony murder of Chris Newsom during perpetration of rape of Newsom
  • GUILTY: First degree felony murder of Chris Newsom during perpetration of oral rape of Christian
  • GUILTY: First degree felony murder of Channon Christian during perpetration of rape of Newsom
  • GUILTY: First degree felony murder of Channon Christian during perpetration of oral rape of Christian
  • GUILTY: First degree felony murder of Chris Newsom during perpetration of theft from Newsom
  • GUILTY: First degree felony murder of Chris Newsom during perpetration of theft from Christian
  • GUILTY: First degree felony murder of Channon Christian during perpetration of theft from Newsom
  • GUILTY: First degree felony murder of Channon Christian during perpetration of theft from Christian
  • GUILTY: Premeditated first degree murder of Chris Newsom
  • GUILTY: Premeditated first degree murder of Channon Christian
  • GUILTY: Especially aggravated robbery of Chris Newsom
  • GUILTY: Especially aggravated robbery of Channon Christian
  • GUILTY: Especially aggravated kidnapping of Chris Newsom, accomplished with deadly weapon
  • GUILTY: Especially aggravated kidnapping of Chris Newsom with serious bodily injury
  • GUILTY: Especially aggravated kidnapping of Channon Christian, accomplished with deadly weapon
  • GUILTY: Especially aggravated kidnapping of Channon Christian with serious bodily injury
  • GUILTY: Facilitation of aggravated rape of Chris Newsom by coercive anal penetration while armed with a weapon (NOT GUILTY of aggravated rape of Chris Newsom while armed with weapon)
  • GUILTY: Facilitation of aggravated rape of Chris Newsom by anal penetration with bodily injury (NOT GUILTY of aggravated rape of Chris Newsom by anal penetration with bodily injury)
  • GUILTY: Facilitation of aggravated rape of Chris Newsom by coercive anal penetration while aided and abetted by one or more persons (NOT GUILTY of aggravated rape of Chris Newsom by coercive anal penetration while aided and abetted)
  • GUILTY: Aggravated rape of Channon Christian by coercive anal penetration while armed with weapon
  • GUILTY: Aggravated rape of Channon Christian by coercive anal penetration while armed with a weapon
  • GUILTY: Aggravated rape of Channon Christian by coercive vaginal penetration while armed with a weapon
  • GUILTY: Aggravated arpe of Channon Christian by anal penetration with bodily injury
  • GUILTY: Aggravated rape of Channon Christian by oral penetration with bodily injury
  • GUILTY: Aggravated rape of Channon Christian by vaginal penetration with bodily injury
  • GUILTY: Aggravated rape of Channon Christian by coercive anal penetration while aided and abetted by one or more persons
  • GUILTY: Aggravated rape of Channon Christian by coercive oral penetration while aided and abetted by one or more persons
  • GUILTY: Aggravated rape of Channon Christian by coercive vaginal penetration while aided and abetted by one or more persons
  • GUILTY: Theft of property from Chris Newsom, valued at $500 or less.
  • GUILTY: Theft of property from Channon Christian, valued at $10,000 or more but less than $60,000.
Would making this a "hate" crime really do anything? Would making this sort of crime a "hate" crime make any diffrerence?

Last edited:
Hate crime? Nah, can't you feel the love in the air?

I guarantee if the couple had been black and the perpetrators white, it would without a doubt be a hate crime.

- Legendary broadcaster Howard Cosell said during a broadcast on ABC’s Monday Night Football that elusive Washington Redskins player Alvin Garrett (an African American) was a “little monkey.” Cosell, who had done much to promote black athletes such as Muhammad Ali, was forced to resign from MNF over the controversy, even though his defenders say he used the same description for players of other ethnic groups.

- “I still can’t find my wallet. I don’t understand him, and I don’t want to sit close to him now.” So said baseball broadcaster Steve Lyons, joking after colleague Lou Pinella spoke of the luck of finding a wallet, and then briefly used some Spanish phrases. Fox Sports fired Lyons, who had made several other remarks deemed insensitive over the years, from his playoff assignment. The L.A. Dodgers, who employed Lyons during the regular season, announced they would keep him on if he underwent diversity training.

- “I think what we’ve had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. There is a little hope invested in [Eagles quarterback Donovan] McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn’t deserve. The defense carried this team.” So said Rush Limbaugh, who was forced to resign as a football analyst for ESPN, even though his criticism (though perhaps off the mark concerning McNabb) was directed at the media.

- “Somewhere there are some brothers. . . . [Maybe] his great, great, great, great grandma ran over in the hood or something went down. … Great, great, great, great Grandma pulled one of them studs up outta the barn.” ESPN personality Michael Irvin, who is black, said this about the athletic ability of Dallas quarterback Tony Romo, who is white. So far Irvin, who got into trouble as a player for using prostitutes and drugs, still has his ESPN gig.

- “Because [the Winter Olympics] are so trying, maybe over the next three weeks we should all try too. … So try not to laugh when someone says these are the world’s greatest athletes, despite a paucity of blacks that makes the Winter Games look like a GOP convention.” So said pompous broadcaster Bryant Gumbel, who is black. Gumbel has just started a gig as a play-by-play announcer for the NFL Network.

- After two black audience members heckled him at the Laugh Factory comedy club, Michael Richards retorted: “Shut up! Fifty years ago we’d have you upside down with a f------ fork up your a--. … You can talk, you can talk, you’re brave now mother------. Throw his a-- out. He’s a n-----!” Richards apologized on the Letterman show, but black leaders said this wasn’t enough and that he needs sensitivity training. Richards was scheduled to appear on Jesse Jackson’s radio show to make another apology. The club has banned him.

- In the infamous Tawana Brawley case, a 15-year-old black girl claimed that she had been assaulted and raped by six white men, some of them police officers. The claim, later found to be fraudulent, was hyped by black “community activist” Al Sharpton, who accused without evidence New York prosecutor Steven Pagones of being one of the men involved. Pagones later was awarded $345,000 in a defamation suit. Sharpton, a minister, refused to apologize, and one of his rich friends paid for him. Sharpton also contributed to the Crown Height Riots by accusing “diamond merchants” [Hasidic Jews] of shedding “the blood of innocent babies.” Sharpton has since been a candidate for president in the Democratic primaries.

- Jesse Jackson once said President Nixon didn’t do much about poverty in the U.S. because “four out of five [of Nixon’s top advisors] are German Jews and their priorities are on Europe and Asia.” Jackson once remarked that he was “sick and tired of hearing about the Holocaust”; that “very few Jewish reporters that have the capacity to be objective about Arab affairs.” He has referred to Jews as “hymies” and to New York City as “Hymietown.” Jackson remains a fixture of racialized activism in the Democratic Party.

- “The black is a better athlete because he’s been bred to be that way,” gambling oddsmaker Jimmy the Greek told a CBS television crew. “During slave trading, the slave owner would breed his big woman so that he would have a big, black kid, see. That’s where it all started.” A disgraced Jimmy the Greek was fired.

Mel Gibson, of course, said the following during a traffic arrest: “F-----g Jews. The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world.” Gibson was drunk at the time and said later that the words did not represent what was in his heart. Jewish groups, already suspicious of Gibson because of his father’s anti-Semitic beliefs and because of his film The Passion of the Christ, were slow to forgive.

Were any penises cut off or people murdered in your above examples? I may have missed it.

Forum List

Back