Oops... Teenager Mistakes Little Brother for Intruder, Kills Him

This kind of thing, spur of the moment murders and suicides happen MUCH more than anything good when you have guns around....
The vast, vast , vast majority of the time, nothing happens when you have guns around.

The idea that an accident such as this is an agrgument against the private ownership of firearms is, on its very best day, absurdly asinine.

"Sorry about that kid, my bad. But I thought you were an intruder". So goes the gist of this tragic story.

Oh well, but haven't we heard this before? Of course, just recently under the headlines.... Olympic hero "mistakenly" kills girlfriend

Carry on NRA!

Florida Teen Mistakes Brother for Intruder, Shoots Him - ABC News

A teenager shot and killed his 12-year-old brother because he mistook him for an intruder in their Florida home, police said today.

Kids and guns don't mix well. Hell, adults and guns don't mix well. I understand people wanting to protect themselves and have mixed feelings on the whole gun thing. I just know I would not keep one in my home with my two teenage sons. To me, the risks far outweigh any likely benefit, but that's me.
Funny... I have no issue whatsoever with it.
Why do you think you're so... different?

this kind of thing, spur of the moment murders and suicides happen much more than anything good when you have guns around....

japan doesn't allow guns but they lead the world in suicides

That's not true.

In fact, Japan comes in 11th in suicides.

List of countries by suicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The US comes in at #34, still higher than most.

We are way ahead of Japan in Murders, though.

Wiki?

We've had this discussion before.
If you can use wiki so will I

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Suicide-deaths-per-100000-trend.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back