Oops... Teenager Mistakes Little Brother for Intruder, Kills Him

[

The war isn't an issue because we are out of Iraq, and we are going to be out of Afghanistan soon enough... At this point, the Taliban is just running out the clock, and even Karzai knows where this is all going.

Personally, I disagree with how Obama handled Afghanistan, and I've said so. I think any obligation we had to prop up the Karzai brothers ended when he stole the 2009 election. We should have started packing our stuff there.

I think Obama painted himself into a political corner. He called Afghanistan a "War of Necessity" when it really wasn't.

But for the record....

We had 11,101 gun murders and 16,000 gun suicides in the US in 2012.

We had 402 Military casualties in Afghanistan in 2012 (Down from a high of 711 in 2010.)

Yes, gun deaths in this country really are a bigger deal.

Link.

And the reason there are fewer deaths in Afghanistan is because there are fewer soldiers there.

Remind me why we were there?

Oh yes, to kill Osama Bin Laden.

Okay, why in the fuck are we still there????

And wanna guess why you like the way Obama is handling Afghanistan????

Because their little or no media coverage. How are you supposed to be upset about something that you never hear about.

Do you have seriousl reading comprehension problems. I SPECIFICALLY said I don't approve of his Afghanistan policy. We should have gotten out of there four years ago. Or at least after Bin Laden took a dirt nap.

I do approve of the fact that while Bush sent the Army off to settle his Pappy's fued with Saddam, Obama actually KILLED Bin Laden, an execution that was about 10 years too late as far as I'm concerned.

Still doesn't take away from the fact. .

We have too many guns in teh wrong hands and too many murders, sucides and accidental deaths because of them.

So you support this effort to take guns away of the only people that need them and don't use them. I see no movement to take them out of the hands of the real perps. I only see action against the law-abiding citizen. They figure if they take our guns that will make it harder for the criminal to get them. And progressives thought in 1920 that prohibition would end alcohol use too. Look how well that ended up.

[

First of all, the reason you get a hard time is because you feel that anyone who supports the 2nd Amendment thus the constitution is an evil gun-nut. Secondly, you probably feel that anyone who supports the constitution also believes that we shouldn't have a background check system in place. Thirdly, simply comparing gun related deaths with all of the other types of deaths is a way of putting this into proper perspective, not belittle the issue. It was an attempt to bring some sanity to the debate.

The problem is folks like you seem to follow Obama's lead at every turn. Last year about this time you probably felt the the most hazardous activity in America was being black buying Skittles. After that it was the issue of women being forced to pay $9 bucks for birth control pills. Folks like you never seem to be able to think for yourselves. It's why those of us who see the clear manipulation of the public by this president get so God Damned pissed off. The utter stupidity of you assclowns.

You'll never be able to see him for who he is. Obama is like the guy that farts on an elevator on the 2nd floor then gets out leaving everyone else to deal with the smell for the rest of the ride. He's a worthless troublemaker that never seems to accomplish anything other than pissing people off and causing them to take sides thus dividing us. Anything he says or does is intended for this purpose. We've had over 4 years of this act and now we're in for at least 4 more. I had been telling people who told me they were afraid of his reelection for years that he'll never be able to fool enough people into voting to give him a second term. It's enough to cause your fucken head to explode. How can this many people be this friggen stupid.....to want more of the shit he was dealing in his first term. It's total insanity I tell you. No wonder there is so much gun violence. And to think that all of this is exactly laid out in "Rules For Radicals".

So you are saying people are going around shooting each other because of "Obama Rage"?

Project much?

I'm sorry the President is occupying so much space in your head rent free.

Sorry, the fact is, we have had 300,000 gun deaths in the last decade. Because we have too many guns and too many people who never should have had guns to start with. This is the long and short of it. If anything, Obama gave it a pass after Tuscon and Aurora, which I thought was an act of political cowardice. Only because Newton was particularly horrific did he try to do anything about it. (And because, hey, he's not up for re-election again.)

Incidently, when I can say "Tuscon" or "Aurora" or "Newton" and not have to say anything else because these places have become synomonous with gun rampages, it tells me we have too many gun rampages.

If anyone is being manipulated, it's you gun fetishists. The NRA is run by the gun manufacturers, and since less households want to have guns in them, their business model is to sell more guns to the shrinking number of households that still want them. So they will sell 10 guns to Nancy Lanza even though the woman was quite obviously disturbed. And they'll let James "Joker" Holmes buy a 100 round clip on line because... well, I can't think of a good reason.

If your "rights" are being threatened, it's because of their irresponsibility. Not because Obama is "stirring people up."

[

So you support this effort to take guns away of the only people that need them and don't use them. I see no movement to take them out of the hands of the real perps. I only see action against the law-abiding citizen. They figure if they take our guns that will make it harder for the criminal to get them. And progressives thought in 1920 that prohibition would end alcohol use too. Look how well that ended up.

Again- most gun deaths are sucides and domestic arguments. 80% of murder victims know their killers. This kid who just killed his little brother wasn't a hardened criminal. He was a kid who had access to a gun who shouldn't have.

Incidently, it was conservatives who pushed prohibition, for largely religious reasons. The reason it didn't work is that people had no idea what they were signing up for. Prohibition was pushed as a measure to keep those nasty immigrants- especially the Germans during WWI - in their place. Because they were all hanging out in taverns. Mr. and Mrs. WASP had no idea it would apply to them.

[

First of all, the reason you get a hard time is because you feel that anyone who supports the 2nd Amendment thus the constitution is an evil gun-nut. Secondly, you probably feel that anyone who supports the constitution also believes that we shouldn't have a background check system in place. Thirdly, simply comparing gun related deaths with all of the other types of deaths is a way of putting this into proper perspective, not belittle the issue. It was an attempt to bring some sanity to the debate.

The problem is folks like you seem to follow Obama's lead at every turn. Last year about this time you probably felt the the most hazardous activity in America was being black buying Skittles. After that it was the issue of women being forced to pay $9 bucks for birth control pills. Folks like you never seem to be able to think for yourselves. It's why those of us who see the clear manipulation of the public by this president get so God Damned pissed off. The utter stupidity of you assclowns.

You'll never be able to see him for who he is. Obama is like the guy that farts on an elevator on the 2nd floor then gets out leaving everyone else to deal with the smell for the rest of the ride. He's a worthless troublemaker that never seems to accomplish anything other than pissing people off and causing them to take sides thus dividing us. Anything he says or does is intended for this purpose. We've had over 4 years of this act and now we're in for at least 4 more. I had been telling people who told me they were afraid of his reelection for years that he'll never be able to fool enough people into voting to give him a second term. It's enough to cause your fucken head to explode. How can this many people be this friggen stupid.....to want more of the shit he was dealing in his first term. It's total insanity I tell you. No wonder there is so much gun violence. And to think that all of this is exactly laid out in "Rules For Radicals".

So you are saying people are going around shooting each other because of "Obama Rage"?

Project much?

I'm sorry the President is occupying so much space in your head rent free.

Sorry, the fact is, we have had 300,000 gun deaths in the last decade. Because we have too many guns and too many people who never should have had guns to start with. This is the long and short of it. If anything, Obama gave it a pass after Tuscon and Aurora, which I thought was an act of political cowardice. Only because Newton was particularly horrific did he try to do anything about it. (And because, hey, he's not up for re-election again.)

Incidently, when I can say "Tuscon" or "Aurora" or "Newton" and not have to say anything else because these places have become synomonous with gun rampages, it tells me we have too many gun rampages.

If anyone is being manipulated, it's you gun fetishists. The NRA is run by the gun manufacturers, and since less households want to have guns in them, their business model is to sell more guns to the shrinking number of households that still want them. So they will sell 10 guns to Nancy Lanza even though the woman was quite obviously disturbed. And they'll let James "Joker" Holmes buy a 100 round clip on line because... well, I can't think of a good reason.

If your "rights" are being threatened, it's because of their irresponsibility. Not because Obama is "stirring people up."

From what I've read Lanza, the son was the nut. His Mom was a teacher for fuck's sake.
All of those places mean nothing to me because I don't feel the need to dwell on them. And one thing is for sure lumping me in with anyone else is folly. I am very responsible and responsible for nobody but myself.

The problem with you is you have to not only lie about my actual positions on gun-control but you have to operate in a vaccume to make your silly positions rational. I contend that our culture is built on violence and simply removing guns is no solution. Knives can kill too along with anything we can get our hands on. You act like removing guns from the equation solves the problem. If that were the case then there would no suicides in Japan or any other country that has banned private gun ownership. And any cop worth his badge knows sensationalizing gun violence leads to copy-cat crimes.

When the authorities can prove they can keep everyone 100% safe from harm then we can think about giving up our guns. Until then as long as we have a constitution that gives us the right to have them I'm not listening to some sorry POS who wants to take them simply because liberals can't stand the sight of them. Perhaps they should stop making movies with them. Take em out of film and TV that would be a good first step. Until they can do that I suggest you get off of our backs you pathetic losers.

[

Again- most gun deaths are sucides and domestic arguments. 80% of murder victims know their killers. This kid who just killed his little brother wasn't a hardened criminal. He was a kid who had access to a gun who shouldn't have.

Incidently, it was conservatives who pushed prohibition, for largely religious reasons. The reason it didn't work is that people had no idea what they were signing up for. Prohibition was pushed as a measure to keep those nasty immigrants- especially the Germans during WWI - in their place. Because they were all hanging out in taverns. Mr. and Mrs. WASP had no idea it would apply to them.

Conservatives you say. Back then Progressives ran the country. Mayor Bloomberg had nothing those guys. They simply used religion as a tool. FYI back then just about everyone was relgious. Even Democrats.

Its like those stories of fathers who refuse to listen to logic when told to get rid of that pit bull because he has an infant in the hosue. I know of a father who went through that and of course that dog killed the baby.

I am trying to imagine what he is going through. Same thing here.....where did the kid get the gun from?
The pit bull is even worse, as it is standing there with the look of I want to kill in his eyes, and 9 out of ten times he has been trained to be as mean as a rattle snake, yet the man still let the dog around his baby ? Now that wins the Nobel prize for stupidity (imho), but we see this kind of stupidity all the time anymore it seems, yet the funny thing is however, is that a gun in the hands of good people who are smart with them, pose absolutely no threat to anyone, but of course put a gun in the hands of those who own these pit bulls, and who lets them around babies after training them to kill, and you have mayhem on a scale that is stupendously huge or off the charts. I say leave the good citizens alone, and make sure that pit bull dad never gets a gun, and that he never gets a pit bull either, as both are lethal weapons placed into the hands of the idiot. I am for reasonable gun laws always, but what is attempted here is not that at all, so I will not accept the ideas or ideals of those who are here speaking about all guns and gun owners by way of these events in a blanketing way, as if they are to be grouped in with the bad as well in life.
Oh that pit bull dad will get a gun... the NRA will support his rights to guns no matter what. 'Enablers' is how I describe the NRA, they enable criminals and such their NRA/God-given rights to bear arms without restrictions.
Given the fact that you apparently cannot do anything but lie to support your position, there's no need for anyone to take you or anything you say seriously.

The pit bull is even worse, as it is standing there with the look of I want to kill in his eyes, and 9 out of ten times he has been trained to be as mean as a rattle snake, yet the man still let the dog around his baby ? Now that wins the Nobel prize for stupidity (imho), but we see this kind of stupidity all the time anymore it seems, yet the funny thing is however, is that a gun in the hands of good people who are smart with them, pose absolutely no threat to anyone, but of course put a gun in the hands of those who own these pit bulls, and who lets them around babies after training them to kill, and you have mayhem on a scale that is stupendously huge or off the charts. I say leave the good citizens alone, and make sure that pit bull dad never gets a gun, and that he never gets a pit bull either, as both are lethal weapons placed into the hands of the idiot. I am for reasonable gun laws always, but what is attempted here is not that at all, so I will not accept the ideas or ideals of those who are here speaking about all guns and gun owners by way of these events in a blanketing way, as if they are to be grouped in with the bad as well in life.
Oh that pit bull dad will get a gun... the NRA will support his rights to guns no matter what. 'Enablers' is how I describe the NRA, they enable criminals and such their NRA/God-given rights to bear arms without restrictions.
Given the fact that you apparently cannot do anything but lie to support your position, there's no need for anyone to take you or anything you say seriously.

Truth hurts sometimes?

Everyone knows that the NRA has supported the effort to put guns back into criminals' hands via their "guns-for-felons" program that can rearm thousands of convicted violent felons. The NRA supports the rights of convicted spousal abusers to get guns back in their abusive hands. The NRA are big time gun-runners in their multi-billion dollar business. Seriously.

[

Conservatives you say. Back then Progressives ran the country. Mayor Bloomberg had nothing those guys. They simply used religion as a tool. FYI back then just about everyone was relgious. Even Democrats.

Back then most everyone was a conservative... even Democrats.

Truth hurts sometimes?
If you should ever post something that is true, I will let you know.

When the authorities can prove they can keep everyone 100% safe from harm then we can think about giving up our guns. Until then as long as we have a constitution that gives us the right to have them I'm not listening to some sorry POS who wants to take them simply because liberals can't stand the sight of them. Perhaps they should stop making movies with them. Take em out of film and TV that would be a good first step. Until they can do that I suggest you get off of our backs you pathetic losers.

Have a rapid fire machine gun? Damn right were trying to take them out of your hands. Will too, someday. Mark my words. But you can keep your Glock, your Saturday-night special, your Magnum, and your rifle if you choose. We fully support the 2nd amendment.

Strange. If it was daylight, why couldn't the older brother see who it was? If it was nighttime, what was a 12 year old doing out like that?

If the older brother had just dialed 911, his younger brother would be alive today. Next time call the police... they are here to serve and protect.

"Sorry about that kid, my bad. But I thought you were an intruder". So goes the gist of this tragic story.

Oh well, but haven't we heard this before? Of course, just recently under the headlines.... Olympic hero "mistakenly" kills girlfriend

Carry on NRA!

Florida Teen Mistakes Brother for Intruder, Shoots Him - ABC News

A teenager shot and killed his 12-year-old brother because he mistook him for an intruder in their Florida home, police said today.

Wow! two examples in two countries. They're just FLOODING in!.

Now compare that to the number of times a home invasion was prevented, deterred or foiled because the homeowner had a gun.

The number of home invasions per capita is much higher in the U.K. than in the U.S. where they basically don't allow personal gun ownership.

Forum List

Back