Oops: CBO Says GOP Health Care ‘Alternative’ Leaves 52 Million Uninsured By 2019

And I can tell you that what you subscribe to, that others owe your personal well being and personal care to you at their expense, is not the standard as set in the foundation of our republic

It is still irresponsible for someone not to do what they can, all that they can, to pay for their own personal needs... it is more irresponsible when we see those people expect and accept 'assistance' when they still have money to spend on smokes, lottery tickets, cable TV, pizzas, video games, etc
Yes, it is. And I'm telling you that the ones I've cared for over the years have been devastated, lost their savings, retirement, income, homes. I suppose that should make you feel so much better to know they were left with nothing.

I am sure that is not the first time they were "victims"
You know what?

Fuck you.

I work oncology. I've watched people who've worked hard their entire life, done all the right things, saved and scrimped and put aside their nest eggs only to lose everything simply because they dared to come down with cancer.

Or my coworker who is at retirement age and after spending decades of her life devoted to caring for others, continues to work in spite of her own medical issues (and yes, she works more than one job) in order to pay off the mountain of medical debt incurred over the last 10 years caring for her son with MS (don't worry though, he died recently).

Or the man we admitted for the third time with pneumonia, easily treated by antibiotics and MDIs; he too works in construction and as a laborer, but without insurance he can't afford the cost of the prescriptions that will actually cure his infection and the social worker can't find any assistance for which he would qualify. Of course, the infection not only doesn't go away because he isn't getting the full course of treatment, but continued half-assed antibiotic therapy only increases the chances of him developing resistance (hey! that affects you and yours, too. now do you give a shit?) Haven't seen him in a while. Maybe he's dead too.

So again.

Fuck you.

Grayson was dead on.

Last edited:
You know what?

Fuck you.

I work oncology. I've watched people who've worked hard their entire life, done all the right things, saved and scrimped and put aside their nest eggs only to lose everything simply because they dared to come down with cancer.

Or my coworker who is at retirement age and after spending decades of her life devoted to caring for others, continues to work in spite of her own medical issues (and yes, she works more than one job) in order to pay off the mountain of medical debt incurred over the last 10 years caring for her son with MS (don't worry though, he died recently).

Or the man we admitted for the third time with pneumonia, easily treated by antibiotics and MDIs; he too works in construction and as a laborer, but without insurance he can't afford the cost of the prescriptions that will actually cure his infection and the social worker can't find any assistance for which he would qualify. Of course, the infection not only doesn't go away because he isn't getting the full course of treatment, but continued half-assed antibiotic therapy only increases the chances of him developing resistance (hey! that affects you and yours, too. now do you give a shit?) Haven't seen him in a while. Maybe he's dead too.

So again.

Fuck you.

Grayson was dead on.

Caring does not mean that you are owed it.... as stated in my other post...

I can care and feel bad for your situation.. I can care and help out a friend in need of my own choice and free will.. I can care and feel touched from a story and contribute to a charity.. I can volunteer my time as I care for others.. the list goes on....

But the use of 'giving a shit' or 'caring' is an attempt to incite an emotional response to the plea for your agenda.. thinking it can be used to get others to cave in their personal rights for your wish for a gain that you personally cannot or will not provide.. the problem is that is all great when seeking donations, but no so great with the concept of forced support thru taxation and mandated redistribution

Yes, it is. And I'm telling you that the ones I've cared for over the years have been devastated, lost their savings, retirement, income, homes. I suppose that should make you feel so much better to know they were left with nothing.

You know what?

Fuck you.

So again.

Fuck you.

Grayson was dead on.

I wouldn't touch your filthy carcass with Barney Franks dick. So you can keep hopin- but it aint gonna happen. Lose sixty pounds, let your mullet grow out, and shave your pits and maybe I'll treat you to some doggie. Not much you can do with your face except hide it.

Life aint fair. I will not fuck you. And you may think its unfair- but I really dont give a shit. You are fat. You are ugly. I dont get that drunk. As for your friend with cancer- why does she not have insurance? Why should she not use her nest egg- because she wants a comfy retirement? She has cancer, you bushpushin dyke. Its fuckin expensive, with or without insurance.

And your coworker. Whats her excuse. Im bettin she doesn't make em- you do for her.

You know what?

Fuck you.

So again.

Fuck you.

Grayson was dead on.
As for your friend with cancer- why does she not have insurance?
Point out where in that post I stated I have a friend with cancer who is uninsured.

Learn some basic reading and comprehension skills and get back to us, moron.

Healthcare as i state in my blog is a ever growing issue that noone will be truly happy with.
We shouldnt be forced into buying healthcare, and we need tort reform.
Instead of their proposed options, I am a true and firm believer in Tort Reform. Tort reform will help take the pressure off the doctors. With tort reform, doctors won’t have to run all theses unnecessary tests just to cover their butts. This also would yield billions of dollars by lifting the ever rising cost of malpractice insurance and, as mentioned above, take away defensive medicine.

A doctor, before even opening the door of his office, is hit with some 200,000 dollar malpractice insurance charge. Who exactly do you think will be paying this large sum of money for insurance? You’re misguided if you believe your doctor is going to foot this bill. They will simply pass this price onto the consumer making prices skyrocket all because greedy humans go after very rare mistakes that may be made (I blame the lawyers more than the humans in the lawsuits, mostly because of the high cost of lawyer fees).

You know what?

Fuck you.

So again.

Fuck you.

Grayson was dead on.

Emma, I understand your passion and your frustration. Though I don't agree with your choice of words for personal expression, that is your choice.

We in our family also understand these frustrations as many in the family are in healthcare, here and in Europe. Clearly Emma anytime a person cannot receive the needed care due to money, it is wrong. With that I myself can agree 100%. In fact Emma I work daily with just those people and I myself was in that boat and still am to a degree. No, I do not have cancer, but I do suffer from a chronic disease which almost took my life.

However, even with all of this understood, we must be very careful about how we go about fixing what needs fixed and salvaging all of the things which are right about the quality of our medical care.

One side wants to hit the problem with a nuclear weapon and change it all into a structured plan which is a proven failure and which also makes people suffer. If anyone doubts this travel to the villages in Europe and speak to the people.

The other side want to throw a pebble on a problem which is much greater than that.

We need better thinking, better solutions and this problem cannot be solved in a few months in Washington. We must do better! I feel we can do better, but, it is going to take a great deal more than rushing through legislation on such a complicated problem.

As you are in the field then you know full well that the problem is not the quality of care or medical science in this nation. So why do anything which could threaten that? Further, why tear down only to build a model which has also been proven to leave people suffering, physically, emotionally and financially?

Emma, we can do better and we must demand that both sides work to do better. They (both sides) need to get this damn political ideology out of the mix and deal with the nuts and bolts of the situation.

Again, I certainly respect and understand your passion and frustration. I know it's real and I know you care, but, let's be the people we are and demand the best, not total change or half measures!

Just my thoughts.

Mike

You really believe private charity can pick up the slack?

I know they can.. as I have seen it with my neighbors... though they still have a lot of expenses they pay for out of pocket, the private charity has helped them a ton... and their family, neighbors, and friends have all contributed to and have done work for the charity that helped them out because we CHOSE to support a great charity like that

When you reduce the size of govt... ensuring that we don't pay 50% of our income in various taxes to support the bloated government.. charities can benefit even more

You really think government (funded by citizen contributors) exists to pay for your personal well-being responsibility?

Charities can only act as a safety net when the economy is sound enough to enable charitable giving. When the economy crashes, the charities are among the hardest hit.

That's the basic reason that many of the Federal Welfare programs came into being in the 30's and 40's. The need was there prior to that. The need is always there. However, in the face of an economic collapse the traditional ways of meeting that need failed.

That's why health care is an issue now. As people lose their jobs, even the privately insured are losing their insurance. Those uninsured still get sick, only now with greater frequency as their decreased income translates to decreased nutrition and a lack of preventative medicine. Health care costs money they can't afford, so they sink deeper into debt, declare bankruptcy, etc, and we with insurance pay the bills.

If I fail to get insurance, fail to save up for a medical emergency, and end up in an emergency room, how would you describe my decision-making process?

If you can't get insurance due to a pre-existing condition (Which is common), then it doesn't matter how much you save. You'll still be wiped out. Dad's final hospital stay cost $80,000. Thank god insurance covered most of that. What it didn't cover life insurance and us kids did.

I've got pretty solid savings and investments and I make x2 what my Dad made and an $80,000.00 hospital bill woud wipe me out.

If I fail to get insurance, fail to save up for a medical emergency, and end up in an emergency room, how would you describe my decision-making process?

If you can't get insurance due to a pre-existing condition (Which is common), then it doesn't matter how much you save. You'll still be wiped out. Dad's final hospital stay cost $80,000. Thank god insurance covered most of that. What it didn't cover life insurance and us kids did.

I've got pretty solid savings and investments and I make x2 what my Dad made and an $80,000.00 hospital bill woud wipe me out.
My patients often talk to me about their medical bills. It hits them all hard. One lady recently told me the maintenance meds she has to take to stay alive cost her over $25K a month. Who the hell can afford that?

My patients often talk to me about their medical bills. It hits them all hard. One lady recently told me the maintenance meds she has to take to stay alive cost her over $25K a month. Who the hell can afford that?

Nobody. That's the problem.

There are Pharmacy companies that give out prescriptions to help folks. Dad struggled with Epilepsy his whole life, and the medications that allowed him to have a somewhat normal life (Only 1-2 seizures a day) were astronomical. Forutnately, he was able to get hooked up with a program that got him his meds for free.

Dad got his insurance through Mom's work towards the end of his life. Thank god for that. If he hadn't got insurance at the end, then my Mom would be wiped out and us kids would be in serious trouble.

That's what's at stake here. The current medical system is such that you can be completely wiped out from just one hospitalization. If you don't have, or can't get insurance then its game over.

The CBO's non partisan role is to offer a non paretisan analysis.

WHen the CBO came out with numbers that criticized the HR 3200, the libs and the dems kicked and screamed about how the CBO is usually never right.

Now the CBO comes out with an anlaysis of a GOP altrernative, and the CBO is ALWAYS opn target.

Interestingly, has anyone heard the GOP say the CBO is clueless like the dems did a few months back?

If you can't get insurance due to a pre-existing condition (Which is common), then it doesn't matter how much you save.

Insurance will pick up on anything to claim "pre-existing condition", even if that information is false. I was denied insurance while I was in school because of a pre-existing 'biliary tract disorder'. I had no such thing. Turns out they'd taken my doc's admitting diagnosis from a few years before ("rule out gallbladder disease") as justification to claim I had such a disorder. And btw, I did not have gallbladder disease. Just a case of gastroenteritis from a bug of some sort.

There is still Government funding of Abortion in the Democratic plan. The Fining and possible imprisoning of Citizens for not having Health Insurance is still in the Democratic plan as well. For these two reasons alone i cannot support the Democratic plan. The Republican Plan really does seem more reasonable and coherent. Lets hope many politicians step up and agree with me. It's going to take both Democrats and Republicans to vote this mammoth debacle down. It is vital to this nation that we see Pelosi and Reid fail. Hey just my opinion anyway.

Last edited:

There are Pharmacy companies that give out prescriptions to help folks. Dad struggled with Epilepsy his whole life, and the medications that allowed him to have a somewhat normal life (Only 1-2 seizures a day) were astronomical. Forutnately, he was able to get hooked up with a program that got him his meds for free.

Dad got his insurance through Mom's work towards the end of his life. Thank god for that. If he hadn't got insurance at the end, then my Mom would be wiped out and us kids would be in serious trouble.

That's what's at stake here. The current medical system is such that you can be completely wiped out from just one hospitalization. If you don't have, or can't get insurance then its game over.
And that is just screwed up.

You know what?

Fuck you.

So again.

Fuck you.

Grayson was dead on.
As for your friend with cancer- why does she not have insurance?
Point out where in that post I stated I have a friend with cancer who is uninsured.

Learn some basic reading and comprehension skills and get back to us, moron.

If she is insured, she is not a good example of why we need the government involved more than they already are in insurance. Learn some critical thinking skills, bitchtits.

TRANSLATION- Force even those with very little risk to buy insurance. Do not allow individuals to assess risk for themselves. Make individuals accountable by limiting freedom...

Actually, what your doing in the early years IS paying for service that your not using. If you wait until your in the years needing it, the insurance companies are losing with payouts. I feel that it's all offset in a persons lifetime of being insured. What I'm trying to say is that your paying it forward.

I am not disagreeing with you about the mechanics of it. Insurance companies definately make more money if they can force individuals with low risk to buy a policy.

They make money at one point in a life, and shell it out at another point in a life. If the person waits until after he needs the insurance, then he's denied for pre existing conditions...who's fault is that? Not mine, that's why I don't believe in public option for those who could have afforded insurance.
You want people to pay for your stupidity...nope. It's like having no auto insurance, and then want to buy it after an accident to pay for the accident...life doesn't work like that.
You seem to be pretty dense, or willy nilly with MY money.
If a person doesn't want insurance...maybe he should put up a $500,000 bond in lieu of insurance...I would go for that.

And that is just screwed up.

Its getting worse. Everytime someone goes bankrupt from Medical expenses, or flat out can't pay, that debt doesn't just dissapear. It gets absorbed by higher costs, fueling more bankruptcies or skipping out on the bill, meaning higher costs....

It just isn't stopping.

You really believe private charity can pick up the slack?

I know they can.. as I have seen it with my neighbors... though they still have a lot of expenses they pay for out of pocket, the private charity has helped them a ton... and their family, neighbors, and friends have all contributed to and have done work for the charity that helped them out because we CHOSE to support a great charity like that

When you reduce the size of govt... ensuring that we don't pay 50% of our income in various taxes to support the bloated government.. charities can benefit even more

You really think government (funded by citizen contributors) exists to pay for your personal well-being responsibility?

Charities can only act as a safety net when the economy is sound enough to enable charitable giving. When the economy crashes, the charities are among the hardest hit.

That's the basic reason that many of the Federal Welfare programs came into being in the 30's and 40's. The need was there prior to that. The need is always there. However, in the face of an economic collapse the traditional ways of meeting that need failed.

That's why health care is an issue now. As people lose their jobs, even the privately insured are losing their insurance. Those uninsured still get sick, only now with greater frequency as their decreased income translates to decreased nutrition and a lack of preventative medicine. Health care costs money they can't afford, so they sink deeper into debt, declare bankruptcy, etc, and we with insurance pay the bills.

Healthcare is an issue, but a personal one... while it feels good to say that we want to help others... the government is not to be there for your feelings

Charities suffer with a down economy, but so does taxation... so that argument means nothing to me....

As for preventative medicine and 'decreased nutrition', that is on you... I don't care if you have to beg, if you have to work picking lima beans, or if you have to work as a stripper... your personal needs are your personal responsibility.. you don't get to take away my personal rights for your personal benefit..

I keep hearing this, but given the numbers I keep hearing, I alone should know several people who have been "wiped out"

Yet, I know no one and I know no one who knows ANYBODY who has been wiped out. Sounds like more liberal scare tactics to me. BTW - according to the libs I should have drowned due to sealevel rise, dehydrated due to no water, frozen to death AND burned to death by now.

Gee. Really?

Forum List

Back