Oops: CBO Says GOP Health Care ‘Alternative’ Leaves 52 Million Uninsured By 2019

People should pay for their own health insurance.
Exactly - people should pay what they can really afford for their insurance.
So how come you're so adament in defending their "right" not to and just dig into YOUR wallet to pay it for them?

well, we agree that people should behave a certain way. We disagree on the level of intrusiveness we believe government should be involved in. Hungry people steal food, contributing to higher food costs. Maybe we should allow government to be in charge of food distribution? And I have seen a lot of people without insurance. None has come anywhere close to my wallet.

So.....how do you plan to pay for THEIR healthcare?

Why should I pay it?

You're paying it now. So, if you don't change anything, we will continue to have millions uninsured, overcrowded emergency rooms and you will STILL be paying for it.
ED as 'primary care' is the most inefficient means of providing care, adding billions to our costs as well as reducing the quality of healthcare provided.

Hungry people steal food, contributing to higher food costs.
So WE MADE IT A CRIME!!!!!
Government got involved and made stealing a crime!!!!!!!!!! Unfair intrusion into a individual's personal liberty to steal ?????????????????????????

Man you really are twisting yourself into a tizzy -

Yes.. in actuality you do.... I have chosen to have procedures done at certain hospitals rather than others, even though they were farther away... some of those choices because of the facility, some based on cost, and yes even one because I found out that the elective surgery that I was having was much more expensive there... and I did do research and find out that that hospital was giving 'free' care in a clinic to illegals (it had been reported in the news a couple years before).. I discussed options with my doctor and decided on a private surgery center which was cheaper.. you can honestly deduce that one of the reasons it could be cheaper was because the private center was not handing out stuff to illegals and passing the cost off onto other patients

By law and by oath a doctor can not turn away a person in desperate need of care. Every single hospital treats its share of people that can not pay, and they in turn pay for that by increasing the cost of treatments.

Your argument that you can somehow avoid paying for those that can not pay for their own care is false.

So, you would be in favor of allowing our healthcare facilities to turn away anyone who chooses not to buy health insurance and cannot pay for the care out of pocket?

But those facilities and hospitals should be allowed to take action (including legal action) to recover the monies they are owed by those who do not pay....

Just as some hospitals assist families in trying to find charities, foundations, etc that are willing to help with expenses... or are willing to put people on payment plans with little or no interest so that they may pay over time since they cannot afford to pay for it all at once

And please also remember that not all things covered by health insurance are emergency situations.. and that things the contributors would end up paying for, for the non-contributors, would increase

EXACTLY the opposite is true. Uninsured patients are turned away by doctors and are forced into the ER for non-emergency care.

THAT is what is happening and THAT is what is contributing mightly to skyrocketing costs for everyone.

No.. they are not forced to, they CHOOSE to go to the ER for the most basic care... I do think that ER's should be able to turn away those who are there, without means to pay, who are not there for emergency care... that responsibility is on the individual to pay a doctor or a clinic or whatever else to have their VD checked or be told they have a cold or that they sprained their knee...

And as stated.. most doctors and hospitals DO have financial departments and counselors that DO try and help people find the charities and foundations to help those in need.. and many doctors DO volunteer their time in free clinics, etc... just as many medical companies do donate supplies to those same clinics

But those facilities and hospitals should be allowed to take action (including legal action) to recover the monies they are owed by those who do not pay....

Just as some hospitals assist families in trying to find charities, foundations, etc that are willing to help with expenses... or are willing to put people on payment plans with little or no interest so that they may pay over time since they cannot afford to pay for it all at once

And please also remember that not all things covered by health insurance are emergency situations.. and that things the contributors would end up paying for, for the non-contributors, would increase
What planet do you live on? Seriously.

Hospitals DO come after you for payment through legal action. And sure, some will allow for "payment plans", require it to be paid within an absurdly short amount of time before they move on to collections.

Why should I pay it?

You're paying it now. So, if you don't change anything, we will continue to have millions uninsured, overcrowded emergency rooms and you will STILL be paying for it.

I can't understand why this is such a difficult concept for some ??????

Oh well

Later yank - hey I see where on another thread you got some well-deserved props.

I did?? That never happens to me?

Yes.. in actuality you do.... I have chosen to have procedures done at certain hospitals rather than others, even though they were farther away... some of those choices because of the facility, some based on cost, and yes even one because I found out that the elective surgery that I was having was much more expensive there... and I did do research and find out that that hospital was giving 'free' care in a clinic to illegals (it had been reported in the news a couple years before).. I discussed options with my doctor and decided on a private surgery center which was cheaper.. you can honestly deduce that one of the reasons it could be cheaper was because the private center was not handing out stuff to illegals and passing the cost off onto other patients

By law and by oath a doctor can not turn away a person in desperate need of care. Every single hospital treats its share of people that can not pay, and they in turn pay for that by increasing the cost of treatments.

Your argument that you can somehow avoid paying for those that can not pay for their own care is false.

And hence I went to a private surgery center.. and avoided such things.. they only do surgeries, planned surgeries... they do not give out free VD shots and look at your boo-boos.. and it was indeed cheaper to do it

Just as I chose to give the stitches needed to my own child... I avoided the charge for the emergency clinic or the ER.. and I chose not to deal with the deductible, which would have been more than what it cost me to give her 3 stitches myself

You do have choices... unfortunately you cannot avoid the overcharging institutions all the time... but you CAN reduce your support of the system that hands out care for those who don't do what is necessary to take care of their own responsibilities

EXACTLY the opposite is true. Uninsured patients are turned away by doctors and are forced into the ER for non-emergency care.

THAT is what is happening and THAT is what is contributing mightly to skyrocketing costs for everyone.

No.. they are not forced to, they CHOOSE to go to the ER for the most basic care... I do think that ER's should be able to turn away those who are there, without means to pay, who are not there for emergency care... that responsibility is on the individual to pay a doctor or a clinic or whatever else to have their VD checked or be told they have a cold or that they sprained their knee...

And as stated.. most doctors and hospitals DO have financial departments and counselors that DO try and help people find the charities and foundations to help those in need.. and many doctors DO volunteer their time in free clinics, etc... just as many medical companies do donate supplies to those same clinics

There is no Federal law that requires hospitals to treat everyone that darkens their doorways. There may be some states that require that, but I don't know of any offhand.

Hungry people steal food, contributing to higher food costs.
So WE MADE IT A CRIME!!!!!
Government got involved and made stealing a crime!!!!!!!!!! Unfair intrusion into a individual's personal liberty to steal ?????????????????????????

Man you really are twisting yourself into a tizzy -

whether stealing crime is a food has no relevance to the discussion at hand. The act still contributes to higher food costs, and it is the increase in costs that leads you to want to have the government in more control of our lives. So why not have the government take over food distribution? Dont you think it would save money? Of course not. And neither will it save money to have government force individuals to purchase government insurance. The expense of such action will go far beyond dollars and cents Apparently, you attribute your lack of understanding to spin. More likely, you contracted syphilis at one of the fish houses you attend, and its late stage.

Hospitals DO come after you for payment through legal action. And sure, some will allow for "payment plans", require it to be paid within an absurdly short amount of time before they move on to collections.

irresponsible people have a myriad of ways to deal with irresponsible debt.

irresponsible people have a myriad of ways to deal with irresponsible debt.

So healthcare expenses are now "irresponsible debt" :lol:

You people are hilarious.

And it is and should continue to be their right to come after you.. whether you consider it to be 'absurdly short' amount of time or not... as you are not owed taking care of your personal well being by anyone else

And as for the planet I live on.. the same one I lived on when I was under the poverty line... when I did whatever I had to do to take care of myself, without thinking that everyone else owed it to me.. the same planet where my neighbor, with a very sick child with a genetic disorder, worked with the doctor and hospital financial counselor to hook up with a charitable organization to help with their son's expansive medical care costs... and the same planet where those neighbors did not insist that everyone else OWED it to them, where the dad worked a second career at night, sold his vehicles for cheap disposable cars, took out a loan, and slashed things out of their expenses until the charitable help kicked in

New Topics

Forum List

Back