Oops: CBO Says GOP Health Care ‘Alternative’ Leaves 52 Million Uninsured By 2019

You know what pisses me off...well, I'm going to tell you. We have millions of Americans that can afford to buy their own insurance, and for whatever reason decide not to. Then of those, there will be a percentage of them that has something go wrong with them, that turns out to be catastrofic as far as expense. Then they try to get insurance after the fact, and are denied. Then we have to pay for their stupidity. There is something wrong with this kind of mindset. If they had insurance to begin with, they wouldn't have the problem of being denied. Can it get any simpler than that?

VERY good points - Sad to say some folks are out there defending the "right" of others to make that foolish choice and force the rest of us to pick up the tab.

TRANSLATION- Force even those with very little risk to buy insurance. Do not allow individuals to assess risk for themselves. Make individuals accountable by limiting freedom...

It appears there are those who are so entrenched in hyper-partisan rhetoric, that they will pay double what they should be paying just to protect their rhetoric.

Sad and tragic .... but not completely unexpected.

And I am aware that there are expenses involved with taking care of those that will not take care of themselves. Unlike you, I am unwilling to just say "fuck it, here's my wallet" to everyone lefty that wants to increase the number of outreached hands.

But apparently you ARE the one who is willing to hand over your wallet. YOU are not advocating forcing people who CAN pay to pay anything. I am the one who says if they CAN pay they should. You're just handing over your wallet to protect some imagined right to have everyone else pick up the tab for your healthcare.

You've gotten it flipped.

Last edited:
You know what pisses me off...well, I'm going to tell you. We have millions of Americans that can afford to buy their own insurance, and for whatever reason decide not to. Then of those, there will be a percentage of them that has something go wrong with them, that turns out to be catastrofic as far as expense. Then they try to get insurance after the fact, and are denied. Then we have to pay for their stupidity. There is something wrong with this kind of mindset. If they had insurance to begin with, they wouldn't have the problem of being denied. Can it get any simpler than that?

VERY good points - Sad to say some folks are out there defending the "right" of others to make that foolish choice and force the rest of us to pick up the tab.

At least you are very clear in your belief that Government should control even the most basic of human functions...

TRANSLATION- Force even those with very little risk to buy insurance. Do not allow individuals to assess risk for themselves. Make individuals accountable by limiting freedom...

So, you would be in favor of allowing our healthcare facilities to turn away anyone who chooses not to buy health insurance and cannot pay for the care out of pocket?

It appears there are those who are so entrenched in hyper-partisan rhetoric, that they will pay double what they should be paying just to protect their rhetoric.

Sad and tragic .... but not completely unexpected.

And I am aware that there are expenses involved with taking care of those that will not take care of themselves. Unlike you, I am unwilling to just say "fuck it, here's my wallet" to everyone lefty that wants to increase the number of outreached hands.

But apparently you ARE the one who is willing to hand over your wallet. YOU are not advocating forcing people who CAN pay to pay anything. I am the one who says if they CAN pay they should.

You've gotten it flipped.

bullshit, bitchtits. People should pay for their own health insurance. And handing that function over to the government will be the most expensive of all solutions.

So, you would be in favor of allowing our healthcare facilities to turn away anyone who chooses not to buy health insurance and cannot pay for the care out of pocket?

Nope.

At least you are very clear in your belief that Government should control even the most basic of human functions...

You're getting very twisted by trying to spin the situation to fit your rhetoric. You claim everyone has a right to YOUR wallet to pay for THEIR healthcare and any attempt to mitigate that is an intrusion upon liberty????????

Sorry man, that just doesn't fly.

And btw - DRSmith never claimed to be a doctor - D.R. happen to be his initials.

Last edited:

Your solution is the most expensive one available.

Actually, what your doing in the early years IS paying for service that your not using. If you wait until your in the years needing it, the insurance companies are losing with payouts. I feel that it's all offset in a persons lifetime of being insured. What I'm trying to say is that your paying it forward.

People should pay for their own health insurance.
Exactly - people should pay what they can really afford for their insurance.
So how come you're so adament in defending their "right" not to and just dig into YOUR wallet to pay it for them?

You're getting very twisted by trying to spin the situation to fit your rhetoric. You claim everyone has a right to YOUR wallet to pay for THEIR healthcare and any attempt to mitigate that is an intrusion upon liberty????????

Sorry man, that just doesn't fly.

No, darlin- you are spinnin. Noone has a right to reach into my wallet to pay for what is their responsibility.

And your "attempt to mitigate" statement is the understatement of the year. What you mean is "take control".

But those facilities and hospitals should be allowed to take action (including legal action) to recover the monies they are owed by those who do not pay....

Just as some hospitals assist families in trying to find charities, foundations, etc that are willing to help with expenses... or are willing to put people on payment plans with little or no interest so that they may pay over time since they cannot afford to pay for it all at once

And please also remember that not all things covered by health insurance are emergency situations.. and that things the contributors would end up paying for, for the non-contributors, would increase

Your solution is the most expensive one available.

You're twisted again. YOUR solution - or lack thereof - is EXACTLY what is forcing people into the ER for primary care - the most expensive option available.

Nope.

So.....how do you plan to pay for THEIR healthcare?

People should pay for their own health insurance.
Exactly - people should pay what they can really afford for their insurance.
So how come you're so adament in defending their "right" not to and just dig into YOUR wallet to pay it for them?

Then who is required to pay for the parts that they cannot afford for their insurance??

People should pay for their own personal care.. or approach voluntary organizations that exist off of voluntary donations my individuals to ASK for assistance... which is not the same as thinking they are entitled to it or owed it at the expense of others

But those facilities and hospitals should be allowed to take action (including legal action) to recover the monies they are owed by those who do not pay....

Just as some hospitals assist families in trying to find charities, foundations, etc that are willing to help with expenses... or are willing to put people on payment plans with little or no interest so that they may pay over time since they cannot afford to pay for it all at once

And please also remember that not all things covered by health insurance are emergency situations.. and that things the contributors would end up paying for, for the non-contributors, would increase

EXACTLY the opposite is true. Uninsured patients are turned away by doctors and are forced into the ER for non-emergency care.

THAT is what is happening and THAT is what is contributing mightly to skyrocketing costs for everyone.

Actually, what your doing in the early years IS paying for service that your not using. If you wait until your in the years needing it, the insurance companies are losing with payouts. I feel that it's all offset in a persons lifetime of being insured. What I'm trying to say is that your paying it forward.

I am not disagreeing with you about the mechanics of it. Insurance companies definately make more money if they can force individuals with low risk to buy a policy.

So.....how do you plan to pay for THEIR healthcare?

Why should I pay it?

You're paying it now. So, if you don't change anything, we will continue to have millions uninsured, overcrowded emergency rooms and you will STILL be paying for it.

I can't understand why this is such a difficult concept for some ??????

Oh well

Later yank - hey I see where on another thread you got some well-deserved props.

Forum List

Back