Only 35% Hybrid owners buy another one

How do you like your Volt?

And how nice is the interior?

I like it quite a lot. As another poster has mentioned, I don't use much gas at all because I keep it in the EV window most of the time. Quiet, smooth, torquey and quite a bit of fun. Not a sports car by any means, but plenty of power, and love the "gadgety" feel of it. The interior is quite nice, but I don't have the stock cloth types seats, I have the upgraded one. As good as, say, the last generation Acura TL?

As usual, these types of comparisons tend to defend the status quo, which is interesting because many people believe that the status quo isn't good enough. Also, Toyota is recycling nearly every battery in every Prius possible, so how someone can determine the impact of something which has the potential to go on, and go on, and go, ad infinitum, because with each iteration its impact is less and less, on a per car basis.

Hybrids are great if you plan on keeping them long enough and provided the batteries do not fail. The novelty factor is kinda cool too, they are very quiet when running on batteries. Just like the golf cart I will be in later today! Hopefully the technology will improve and we'll start to see prices and efficiency come down. I am all for alternatives. I'd love to see a hybrid/solar/flex fuel vehicle.

That being said, hybrid vehicles are not more "energy efficient" and are not "global warming" friendly. They simply move the tailpipe to Japan, China or wherever else the batteries are made.

Off-topic, but I would kick your ass in golf. :)

I seriously doubt that. But if you are ever in LA, I am a member of TPC Valencia- I'll gladly let you play as my guest. Bring lots of cash. :lol:

According to ABC news a survey by the auto research group "Polk" among 75,000 Hybrid buyers it seems that only 35% bought hybrids again. "Prius" owners accounted for half of the hybrid owners at one time but loyalty dropped off by 75 %. The truth is that you just don't see the things running around town anymore. Are they all laid up with battery problems? You can't just put a used Hybrid battery in a Walmart shopping cart and lay down 60 bucks for an exchange. You need a squad of mechanics and a fork lift to move the haz-mat monster.

We bought a Prius last week. Have nearly 500 miles on it and have averged 57 miles per gallon (and that includes lead foot, my wife putting on half of those miles).

The power train is warranted for 100,000 miles, the hybrid battery for 150,000 miles and the first two years of service are included. As for fewer and fewer hybrids being on the road that's not the case in the SF Bay Area. The Prius is getting to be as common as the VW Bug was 40 -50 years ago in our region.
How do you like it so far?

I like it. It's comfortable and I'm 6'2" 225; my son sat in the back seat on a trip to the coast, he's 6' 185 and he had plenty of room as did my wife in the shotgun seat and her mother who sat directly behind me. I'm used to driving a van (I've had a series of vans and now drive a Honda Odyssey) and like the wide windshield, large mirrors and being above most other vehicles. That said it didn't take long for me to become comfortable in the Prius. We'll use it as our get-about vehicle and still use the van for camping and kayak trips.

How do you like your Volt?

And how nice is the interior?

I like it quite a lot. As another poster has mentioned, I don't use much gas at all because I keep it in the EV window most of the time. Quiet, smooth, torquey and quite a bit of fun. Not a sports car by any means, but plenty of power, and love the "gadgety" feel of it. The interior is quite nice, but I don't have the stock cloth types seats, I have the upgraded one. As good as, say, the last generation Acura TL?

Funny you should say that. I made that comparison in this post last month:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/environment/218277-bush-buys-volt.html#post5126635

Forum List

Back