One swiftboat veteran officially discredited

DKSuddeth said:
and the odds of that? nevermind, I can already guess that your partisanship of republicans will say it's highly likely. After all, we all know that the military branches cater to democrats, wimpy officers, and medal seekers. :rolleyes:

Yep. Survey Says: (Ding) "Highly Likely". Number one answer.

:p:

DKSuddeth said:
let me know when you've had your coffee and waken up to some reality. :coffee3:

pot. kettle. black. hey is there coffee in that pot?
:cof:

DKSuddeth said:
When someone is given a medal theres a citation with it that describes the incident and why the medal is being awarded, so I have serious doubts about thurlows statement here - It was not until I had left the Navy -- approximately three months after I left the service -- that I was notified that I was to receive a citation for my actions on that day.

I believed then as I believe now that I received my Bronze Star for my efforts to rescue the injured crewmen from swift boat number three and to conduct damage control to prevent that boat from sinking. My boat and several other swift boats went to the aid of our fellow swift boat sailors whose craft was adrift and taking on water. We provided immediate rescue and damage control to prevent boat three from sinking and to offer immediate protection and comfort to the injured crew.

He would have known from day one of receiving the star that he was awarded because he endured small arms fire, NOT rescuing his fellow crewman.

not necessarily. I didn't see the MSR I received after I got out for nearly two years. I had to request a copy of the citation as it did not get completed before my ETS date and I didn't know I was put in for it before I got out. Stuff like that happens a lot.

DKSuddeth said:
it already has, hasn't it?

I'm glad we agree. Kerry has something to hide. That's the only plausible reason for his failure to sign the form. Unless Kerry, who is famous for his modesty, doesn't want people to think that he almost won the Vietnam War singlehanded.

DKSuddeth said:
it already has, hasn't it?

He has NOT signed a form 180. That was what I was talking about before. how they got this guy's records I don't know. Since he is alive, he would have had to have signed a form 180 for them to release a copy of his records.

freeandfun1 said:
He has NOT signed a form 180. That was what I was talking about before. how they got this guy's records I don't know. Since he is alive, he would have had to have signed a form 180 for them to release a copy of his records.

no no no, thats not what I was saying. I was talking about his NOT signing speaking volumes.

To be fair, I must point out that Bush hasn't signed an SF-180 either. I'm 99% certain that he also has something to hide.
It occurred to me that Bush ought to make a deal with Kerry: "I'll sign mine if you sign yours." But on reflection, this isn't such a good idea. You know what'll happen; the media will scrutinize Bush's records while ignoring Kerry's.

"Of course, the president keeps telling people he would never question my service to our country. Instead, he watches as a Republican-funded attack group does just that. Well, if he wants to have a debate about our service in Vietnam, here is my answer: 'Bring it on.' "

Note how he flip-flops just in the space of three sentences. "Bring it on," he declares, immediately after whining that the president has brought it on. Of course, the president has not actually brought it on. Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, the "attack group," is an independent "527" organization, just like the pro-Kerry MoveOn.org. For the Bush campaign to coordinate with it--whether to call it off or to bring it on--would be against the law.
That is odd how he talks about how Bush didn't stop them when he can't stop them. Kerry also never seems to mind when groups funded by rich Democrats (*cough* Soros *cough*) attack Bush. It's also funny how he then says bring it on right after he complained that they did nothing to stop the ads. What a dick. It's just another flip-flop to add to the long list.

"I'm not going to let anyone question my commitment to defending America — then, now, or ever,"

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-081904kerry_lat,1,7632178.story?coll=la-home-headlines
So, in other words, it's unfair to question him about his activities with VVAW and how the Communists in Vietnam revere him for his actions? Is it also unfair to question his anti-defense and anti-intelligence voting record? Is it unfair to question him for voting for the war but against the funding?

"And the fact that the president won't denounce what they're up to tells you everything that you need to know — he wants them to do his dirty work."

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-081904kerry_lat,1,7632178.story?coll=la-home-headlines
Where was Kerry when the "Bush = Hitler" ads were shown? Where was Kerry when Whoopi and other Hollywood assholes were trashing Bush? (Oh yeah, he said they represented the "heart and soul" of this country) Where was Kerry when Moore was promoting his lie-filled "documentary" and was shown at the DNC?

As said, I guess it doesn't matter when they do his "dirty work"?

And I'm not going to let anyone attack the sacrifice and courage of the men who served with me, the men who saw battle in those rivers."

Isn't that what Kerry did when he came home and called them murderers, accused them of atrocities, and appeared on shows with fake veterans?

DKSuddeth said:

Why do libs try so hard to silence the swiftboat vets? If you were over there, you have the right to speak your mind about what happened, what your version of events are.

DKSuddeth said:
and the odds of that? nevermind, I can already guess that your partisanship of republicans will say it's highly likely. After all, we all know that the military branches cater to democrats, wimpy officers, and medal seekers. :rolleyes:

Okay, I tend to be honest, so I'll admit that I'm spring loaded to believe anything detrimental to kerry. But I'm not blind and I'm not irrational and I'm willing to consider anything even remotely credible.

Let's assume for the moment that the account of heavy enemy fire is accurate. Now here we have four essentially STATIONARY boats - counting kerry's - after he made it back. Each boat making a fifty foot long hole in the water, and I haven't read a single account of damage to the boats or of any wounds sustained by anyone but kerry.

Do you suppose that this squadron of Swifties ran across the only detachment of blind VC in the Delta? Because if there was as much shooting as some claim, I can't begin to imagine that so many Charlies could miss a stationary fifty foot target so many times at point-blank range.

Kinda makes you go "hmmmmmmm".

Merlin1047 said:
Okay, I tend to be honest, so I'll admit that I'm spring loaded to believe anything detrimental to kerry. But I'm not blind and I'm not irrational and I'm willing to consider anything even remotely credible.

Let's assume for the moment that the account of heavy enemy fire is accurate. Now here we have four essentially STATIONARY boats - counting kerry's - after he made it back. Each boat making a fifty foot long hole in the water, and I haven't read a single account of damage to the boats or of any wounds sustained by anyone but kerry.

Do you suppose that this squadron of Swifties ran across the only detachment of blind VC in the Delta? Because if there was as much shooting as some claim, I can't begin to imagine that so many Charlies could miss a stationary fifty foot target so many times at point-blank range.

Kinda makes you go "hmmmmmmm".

What makes me go hmm. is why the democrats think kerry being a vet with purple hearts is so important and why republicans feel it is so important to discredit rather than just play down as unimportant.

tpahl said:
What makes me go hmm. is why the democrats think kerry being a vet with purple hearts is so important and why republicans feel it is so important to discredit rather than just play down as unimportant.

I'm more interested why anyone would want to elect a liar on such an issue. It's scary if he lied about it so long ago, keeps at it, and perhaps even believes it himself now:

http://instapundit.com/archives/017271.php

August 19, 2004
I'LL BE ON HUGH HEWITT'S SHOW shortly. Listen live online here.

UPDATE: Something I said there that bears repeating -- the reason why the Christmas-in-Cambodia story is getting the media cold-shoulder, and why what SwiftVet coverage there is focuses on the medals, etc., is that the Christmas-in-Cambodia story is clear, and has already been proven false. It's easy to understand, and devastating for Kerry.

The medal stuff is complex, and can be spun in a way that makes people's eyes glaze over. So that's what we'll mostly get.

posted at 06:40 PM by Glenn Reynolds

tpahl said:

First, it's not Republicans who are up in arms, it's veterans. Second, I don't believe that veterans are interested in "discrediting" kerry. Veterans merely want the truth to come out and we don't want kerry using a specious war record as part of his campaign and we don't want to be exploited by him for political purposes - again.

I can only speak for myself, but here's how I feel about kerry. There is no doubt in my mind that he went to Viet Nam solely to prop up his political campaign. To that end, he put himself in for undeserved awards and then used those awards to cut his tour by two-thirds. Then he comes home and betrays every one of us by smearing us as baby killing scum who spent our spare time raping and pillaging. He betrayed his comrades, he disgraced his uniform and he became and embarrassment to his country. His words and actions gave solace and support to our enemies and encouraged them to continue their fight. Because of that, kerry is directly responsible for needless death and suffering by those he had abandoned and then abused. Again, he did this not because it was true, but because that is what was going to get him the attention he needed to get elected.

Now he wants to exploit Viet Nam veterans once again. But this time, all the allegations of murder, rape, torture and pillaging are forgotten. This time, he wants to wrap himself in the uniform and in the flag.

I personally resent this to such a degree that I cannot begin to describe it to you and I am no slouch when it comes to writing. I have a white-hot resentment to kerry coupled with absolute contempt. I view him as a slimy, greasy, hypocritical, lying opportunist who would sell his own mother if it suited his purposes.

I also view the Democratic party's support of kerry's candidacy as just another liberal slap in the face to those who wear the uniform of this nation's armed services.

Kathianne said:
I'm more interested why anyone would want to elect a liar on such an issue. It's scary if he lied about it so long ago, keeps at it, and perhaps even believes it himself now

There are SO many things more damaging to Kerry than whether he lied about something that is otherwise not an issue at all in whether he would make a good president or not. Why all the focus on this one lie when you have things like his liberal voting record to attack?

Travis

Merlin1047 said:
Then he comes home and betrays every one of us by smearing us as baby killing scum who spent our spare time raping and pillaging. He betrayed his comrades, he disgraced his uniform and he became and embarrassment to his country.

I see his views on the legitamacy of the Vietnam war as worthy of criticizing. That is something that will directly relate to how he will serve as president. Whether he his wounds were serious or not, or whether he used them to get home early just seems so unimportant to me that I just can not understand why it gets so much air time and discussion. Kinda like I do not understand why people spend so much time talking about certain murders like the lacey peterson case when there are so many more important things to talk about (such as at the very least a local murder rather than one that happened across the country over a year ago.)

tpahl said:
There are SO many things more damaging to Kerry than whether he lied about something that is otherwise not an issue at all in whether he would make a good president or not. Why all the focus on this one lie when you have things like his liberal voting record to attack?

Travis

Because I will not have some cheesy bastard impugning the record of those who fought and bled and died and then turn around and try to use the reputation of those same people to get elected.

There may be things more important to you and that's fine. But there is nothing more important to me. Perhaps flying home with my co-pilot's brains spattered all over me tends to make me a little touchy about people who seek to cheapen our service solely to garner votes.

tpahl said:

I think it's just more of a credibility (lying) problem with Kerry and this is just one more example of him making it a big issue then lying about it at the same time.

The main author of that book Unfit For Command is going to be on Hannity and Colmes (sp) tonight

tpahl said:

Travis

It goes to character. Quit acting like a conservative. Just the fact that you think the truth of whether or not he lied about his actions to get medals is irrelevant reveals to me that you're really a lib.

You've learned to pepper your speech with the word "liberal", but you fool nobody.

Forum List

Back