One swiftboat veteran officially discredited

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DKSuddeth, Aug 19, 2004.

1. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    msnbc news

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Dk, what's interesting here is that all along, those at least wanting the Swiftees to get their say, have conceded that the medals are not the point, different people can see the same thing differently.

Note that the article, as well as one in the Washington Post, do not mention Cambodia at all? Just skip over it? This is more of the politics of personal destruction, which you of all I would expect to be furious at.

3. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    What about the article that shows that Kerry's number one supporter (the black guy - don't remember his name) could NOT have been there the day Kerry got his medal as he had been medivac'd weeks before for serious injuries.

On one hand the dems say that not being on the same boat, the critics could NOT have experienced the same events. Now they say that all five boats were together, so they all shared the same events.

The Kerry campaign can't keep their stories straight.

Is it Bob Kerrey or John Kerry that is running with Edwards? :spank3:

4. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    It's MY opinion that in everyones haste to smear the other side that NOBODY can get their story straight.

5. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Just curious.....

How can they get his records FAXED to the Kerry camp without his permission, but we can't see Kerry's?

Also, I just requested my recoreds a week ago, and they sent me a reply saying it would take up to 120 days to process the request. It very clearly states when you request your records that if the Veteran is still alive, you MUST get his approval.

I smell a rat and DK, I would hope you would be as pissed at the Kerry camp as you are (I am ASSuming) at the swiftboat vets.

6. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Not sure, I would think the FOIA should apply to both sides equally.

I smell a rat also, it looks like theres a kerry camp insider with regards to the records request.

As far as being pissed, i'm not pissed at either side.....disgusted, but not pissed. As far as I'm concerned the swift boat vets have about a handfuls worth more of credibility than kerry does and thats not much at all.

7. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Gotcha. Disgusted is a better term.

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I like this take, I think it address all of our concerns. The links are really useful:

http://instapundit.com/archives/017254.php

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    This story is going to come out, no matter what:

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=12205_WaPo_Suddenly_Discovers_Swift_Boat_Veterans

10. Jimmyeatworld

Jimmyeatworld Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Kerry is now attacking Bush (imagine that) saying that Bush is funding the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, and that Bush is letting them "do his dirty work for him".

This is all really starting to piss me off. Bush very clearly stated that ads by "soft money" groups should be stopped, long before there was any response from Kerry. Where has Kerry been during the other dozen things MoveOn.org put out there? Where was Kerry's outrage at Michael Moore's propaganda movie? Hell, Michael Moore was front and center during the DNC for crying out loud!

I guess when Al Gore, MoveOn.org, and Michael Moore is doing the "dirty work" for you, it's perfectly okay. By the way, has Kerry ever come out himself and denied anything the swift boat vets have said? How does he feel about getting people to do the lying for you?