One pilot left cockpit, then got locked out; can be heard trying to break the door down before crash

Well, well.

Seems that one pilot left the cockpit for a moment. And when he tried to go back in, he apparently found the door locked.

He can be heard on the recorder, trying to break the door down, before the crash.

I guess I have just one question:
Was the other pilot (who remained in the cockpit and apparently locked the first pilot out), Islamic?

--------------------------------------------

Report France jet audio shows pilot locked out of cockpit - Yahoo News

Report: France jet audio shows pilot locked out of cockpit

Associated Press
By GREG KELLER and ELAINE GANLEY
3 hours ago

SEYNE-LES-ALPES, France (AP) — The first half of Germanwings Flight 9525 was chilling in its normalcy. It took off from Barcelona en route to Duesseldorf, climbing up over the Mediterranean and turning over France. The last communication was a routine request to continue on its route.

Minutes later, at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, the Airbus A320 inexplicably began to descend. Within 10 minutes it had plunged from its cruising altitude of 38,000 feet to just over 6,000 feet and slammed into a remote mountainside.

To find out why, investigators have been analyzing the mangled black box that contains an audio recording from the cockpit. Remi Jouty, the head of France's accident investigation bureau BEA, said Wednesday that it has yielded sounds and voices, but so far not the "slightest explanation" of why the plane crashed, killing all 150 on board.

A newspaper report, however, suggests the audio contains intriguing information at the least: One of the pilots is heard leaving the cockpit, then banging on the door with increasing urgency in an unsuccessful attempt to get back in.

"The guy outside is knocking lightly on the door and there is no answer," The New York Times quotes an unidentified investigator as saying. "And then he hits the door stronger and no answer. There is never an answer."

Eventually, the newspaper quotes the investigator as saying: "You can hear he is trying to smash the door down."

The investigator, whom the newspaper said could not be identified because the investigation is continuing, said officials don't know why the pilot left. He also does not speculate on why the other pilot didn't open the door or make contact with ground control before the crash.

Since the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, airlines in the U.S. don't leave one pilot alone in the cockpit. The standard operating procedure is that if one of the pilots leaves — for example to use the bathroom — a flight attendant takes their spot in the cockpit. It was not immediately clear if European airlines have adopted the same practice.

The names of the pilots have not been released.

I would like the answer to that, too. Was the co- pilot's religion, Islam? Who, in this day and age would not be expecting all things horrendous, to be carried out by radical Islamists. It has to be a first thought and I am hoping this co- pilot was not Muslim.

SNIP:

Mr Robin said he had no known links with terrorism, adding: 'There is no reason to suspect a terrorist attack.'

Read more: Germanwings co-pilot Andreas Lubitz had to STOP his training because he was depressed and suffering burnout Daily Mail Online

In this country, if someone disappears to a foreign country for several weeks they're going to be interviewed by the FBI, especially before boarding a plane.
I went to China for three weeks a few years ago. And boarded a plane immediately afterward.

Nobody interviewed me. Not the FBI or anyone else.

So much for that "theory".
You know what countries I'm talking about. And it's not a theory. It's how we catch these terrorist wannabes you hear about in the news.

This sounds like a mass murder-suicide. It would be normal for a pilot to go to the bathroom during the cruise portion of the flight.
Why?

I would be more inclined to believe that the co-pilot passed out. Possibly heart attack or some other health issue.
the plane's auto pilot would fly the plane and it would have eventually run out of fuel and then we would have watched them track the plane. It can't be that at all. They have yet to say if there was a mechanical issue based on the diagnostic read outs. So the only conclusion is suicide murder.

Edit: Well there you go one more page in and yahoo news has it that way.

Last edited:
Books and buildings can be Islamic. People are Muslim.
So what? I could figure out what he meant. Do you have a point?
Little housepainter never has a point. His goal on this forum is to deflect, change the subject, bring up irrelevancies, and try to prevent conservatives from making their point.
Try using the correct word next time. Buildings and Books are Islamic, followers of Islam are Muslims, and this suicidal co-pilot was most likely a Christian so you fucked yourself.
based on what?

I've been flying for a really long time and have never once seen a pilot leave the cockpit, especially post 911.

Not one single time.

This story is total bullshit
Frank, yes they do leave the cockpit. I've been on many planes and most times on flights a pilot, copilot uses the lavatory. I use to fly chicago to San Jose once a month. They always went.

I've been flying for a really long time and have never once seen a pilot leave the cockpit, especially post 911.

Not one single time.

Pilots never go to the bathroom?

Is that what your extensive experience tells you?

(Did someone mention "total bullshit"?)

Since 911 I've never seen a single pilot walking to the head during a flight

Not one single time
Frank, they go to the bathroom.

Not one single time.

Pilots never go to the bathroom?

Is that what your extensive experience tells you?

(Did someone mention "total bullshit"?)

Since 911 I've never seen a single pilot walking to the head during a flight

Not one single time
It is rare that a member of the cockpit crew does NOT use the head on any flight that is 4 hours or longer. Part of pilot training includes teaching the importance of eliminating any distractions prior to leaving cruise speed and entering a decent and long approach...this includes headaches (or other unexpected pains) and biological urges. On longer flights you will see both members of the cockpit rotate to the bathroom during the tail end of cruising altitude...and if there is not an FE in the cockpit, a member of the cabin crew replaces the crew member while absent from the cockpit.

If you are not in business/first class, you may not see this activity because it is happens while at cruising altitude and that is when the curtains are drawn between the two cabins.

Why would a man lower sanctions against a terrorist state, one which he previously declared a terrorist state, to make becoming a nuclear power easier as they shout death to America?

I don't know, why did all those American presidents negotiate with the USSR after Krushev said, "We will Bury You!"

Reality - this is the legitimate government of Iran. We want them to not make nukes, we got to talk to them.

Why would a man trade 5 sworn enemies of the US at club Gitmo for a US soldier who was later found to be an Islamic sympathizer and found to later be treasonous? Bear in mind, this is a man that Obama proclaimed to have served with honor and distinction. This is a man, whom after he deserted, saw kill rates by the enemy skyrocket because he was feeding them information.

Well a few things in your hysterics.

First, the five guys you are talking about were not "Sworn enemies", they were functionaries in the Taliban Regime that we really don't have a legal basis for holding. We aren't at war with Afghanistan, and they committed no crimes against Americans. They did terrible things to their fellow Afghans, but the current Afghan government isn't really keen on prosecuting Taliban criminals. They know they have to reach an agreement with them at some point.

Second- There's no evidence that Bergdahl was an Islamic sympathizer or that he gave informatoin that was valuable. I mean, seriously, what kind of valuable information do you think a PFC actually has?

Third point, until Obama got him released, Republicans were screaming just as loudly to get him freed until the Black Guy Did It. (I know, it must be hard to be an Obama hater and wait for Obama to do something so you know what you are against.)

But, but, but Obama got the guy out, so now we need to crucify him!!!!

This sounds like a mass murder-suicide. It would be normal for a pilot to go to the bathroom during the cruise portion of the flight.
Why?

I would be more inclined to believe that the co-pilot passed out. Possibly heart attack or some other health issue.
Listen to the news.

It was a controlled descent, controlled by the murderer.
Yes, that has been clarified now but was not in the article.

The main point still stands though against the op - there is nothing at all indicating terrorism at this point.

Was the other pilot (who remained in the cockpit and apparently locked the first pilot out), Islamic?
I asked that question before they found the black box. I'm guessing YES.
Islam is against suicide. It is against Islamic law to commit suicide. So, anyone saying or claiming he/she is a Muslim and then commits suicide is not acting as a Muslim. Whether or not this person was Christian, Muslim, Jewish-- he/she was not acting in compliance with the laws of that religion. However, the co-pilot's name has be published and it is not an Muslim name at all. It's a very German name.

Pleaze.

I grow tired of people saying that all the myriad numbers of terrorists groups who claim Mo as their own are not really Muslim.

I guess to be Muslim only means marrying 9 year old girls, taking female sex slaves, treating women as second class citizens, and personally behead hundreds of defenseless prisoners.

I'd say the evidence is pretty damning but, wait.....

So far it's hearsay.

Do I expect anything different to emerge?

Nope.

But I'm not closing my mind unless/until these rumors and suppositions are documented.

Why?

Listen to the news.

It was a controlled descent, controlled by the murderer.
Yes, that has been clarified now but was not in the article.

The main point still stands though against the op - there is nothing at all indicating terrorism at this point.

The fact that the pilot in question did not seem to have any visible mental deficits is troubling.

I'm guessing he was either targeting specific people on board the plane or the entire lot of them.

I'd say the evidence is pretty damning but, wait.....

So far it's hearsay.

Do I expect anything different to emerge?

Nope.

But I'm not closing my mind unless/until these rumors and suppositions are documented.

The way the media is controlled today, I'm not sure we will ever hear the truth.

Why?

Maybe when one goes to bathroom the pilot locks the door so no passenger can come storming in then he had a cesure or heart attack. Why didn't he scream or say anything? Like ala Akbar.

My hunch though is suicide murder

The entire event reminds me of the Obama administration. It's just Obama alone in the cockpit of the nation as the plane slowly descends into oblivion as other people pound and yell at him through the door, all in vain, of course.
i hope they bring up this comparison on MSNBC.

No, they would not even dare on Fox News.

Apparently there has been an update. The crash was intentional.

French prosecutor Co-pilot wanted to destroy plane - Yahoo News
8 minutes of terror. Wow. They didn't say if he was a Muslim.

I can't believe he didn't say a word.

Let me say it for you liberals who haven't thought it through yet - or who haven't opened your talking-points memos:

These people were so rich they could afford to fly. That mafr them evil and the world is better off with all of them dead.

Well, except for the crew who were exploited and slaving away for probably minimum wage so the filthy capitalists who own the airline could suck their blood.

There. I've saved you the trouble!

Let me say it for you liberals who haven't thought it through yet - or who haven't opened your talking-points memos:

These people were so rich they could afford to fly. That mafr them evil and the world is better off with all of them dead.

Well, except for the crew who were exploited and slaving away for probably minimum wage so the filthy capitalists who own the airline could suck their blood.

There. I've saved you the trouble!
No matter what we say this is what you will hear so...piss off pussy

Another article says the Co-Pilot left training for 6 weeks only to return later and nobody knew why. What can happen in 6 weeks? Did he travel somewhere to be brainwashed? You don't have to be Muslim to be a terrorist.
I just searched the Internet and there was nothing indicating what his religious preference was. So far there is just speculations. However, if he is a Muslim terrorist, it's certainly seems strange that he said nothing, left no note. no "God is Good", "No Praise be to Allah", nothing. Usually these guys want the world to know.

Within a few days we should have a complete picture. Till then Islamophobes will be claiming that he's a Muslim and of course a terrorist because all Muslims are terrorist in their mind.

Forum List

Back