One pilot left cockpit, then got locked out; can be heard trying to break the door down before crash

I've been flying for a really long time and have never once seen a pilot leave the cockpit, especially post 911.

Not one single time.

This story is total bullshit
Frank, yes they do leave the cockpit. I've been on many planes and most times on flights a pilot, copilot uses the lavatory. I use to fly chicago to San Jose once a month. They always went.
You mean they don't just hold it??

Was the other pilot (who remained in the cockpit and apparently locked the first pilot out), Islamic?
I asked that question before they found the black box. I'm guessing YES.
Islam is against suicide. It is against Islamic law to commit suicide. So, anyone saying or claiming he/she is a Muslim and then commits suicide is not acting as a Muslim. Whether or not this person was Christian, Muslim, Jewish-- he/she was not acting in compliance with the laws of that religion. However, the co-pilot's name has be published and it is not an Muslim name at all. It's a very German name.

Pleaze.

I grow tired of people saying that all the myriad numbers of terrorists groups who claim Mo as their own are not really Muslim.

I guess to be Muslim only means marrying 9 year old girls, taking female sex slaves, treating women as second class citizens, and personally behead hundreds of defenseless prisoners.
I grow tired of morons who think that Muslims typically marry 9 year olds, behead people, treat women as second class citizens, etc. You are an ignorant asshole. You know nothing about the modern Muslim world, except what extremists do. You're an idiot.

Apparently these planes are flown by computer and each pilot has an independent electronic system. You would think 8 minutes would be enough time to open the freaking door but time goes fast when you are fighting a computer that is determined to fly your plane into a mountain. It's also possible that the other pilot went crazy or passed out.
No thanks to the stupidity of the people who designed this shit the guy who is supposed to be in there couldn't open that door in an hour much less eight minutes.

Was the other pilot (who remained in the cockpit and apparently locked the first pilot out), Islamic?
I asked that question before they found the black box. I'm guessing YES.
Islam is against suicide. It is against Islamic law to commit suicide. So, anyone saying or claiming he/she is a Muslim and then commits suicide is not acting as a Muslim. Whether or not this person was Christian, Muslim, Jewish-- he/she was not acting in compliance with the laws of that religion. However, the co-pilot's name has be published and it is not an Muslim name at all. It's a very German name.

Pleaze.

I grow tired of people saying that all the myriad numbers of terrorists groups who claim Mo as their own are not really Muslim.

I guess to be Muslim only means marrying 9 year old girls, taking female sex slaves, treating women as second class citizens, and personally behead hundreds of defenseless prisoners.
I grow tired of morons who think that Muslims typically marry 9 year olds, behead people, treat women as second class citizens, etc. You are an ignorant asshole. You know nothing about the modern Muslim world, except what extremists do. You're an idiot.
but the question is what religion are the extremists? Do you know?

so this isn't an accurate report up to the time it was published? You know this? you can honestly, now honestly know anything different? It is consistent with what I found on the internet so far and some of what was reported on national news. So what is inaccurate?

Complete B.S.

The prosecutor said evidence collected in a search of the 27-year-old’s Düsseldorf apartment on Thursday didn't uncover a suicide note or any indication of a political or religious motive for his apparent decision to crash the plane.

When police raided the home of Andreas Lubitz, the officers did find evidence that he suffered from a mental illness. Among the evidence found at Lubitz apartment was a sick note for the day of the crash that had been torn up, the statement said. Seized medical documents suggest “an existing illness and appropriate medical treatment.” Lubitz was instructed by his doctor that he should not fly on the day he crashed the plane.

Germanwings Co-Pilot Andreas Lubitz Hid Illness From Airline Says Prosecutor - WSJ

German Prosecutor Say Co-Pilot Hid Illness Before Crash

Complete B.S.

The prosecutor said evidence collected in a search of the 27-year-old’s Düsseldorf apartment on Thursday didn't uncover a suicide note or any indication of a political or religious motive for his apparent decision to crash the plane.

When police raided the home of Andreas Lubitz, the officers did find evidence that he suffered from a mental illness. Among the evidence found at Lubitz apartment was a sick note for the day of the crash that had been torn up, the statement said. Seized medical documents suggest “an existing illness and appropriate medical treatment.” Lubitz was instructed by his doctor that he should not fly on the day he crashed the plane.

Germanwings Co-Pilot Andreas Lubitz Hid Illness From Airline Says Prosecutor - WSJ

German Prosecutor Say Co-Pilot Hid Illness Before Crash
Nobody believes anything posted by Steve McGarrett anyway.

Very true. You can find a headline and story on the Internet to support anything. It doesn't have to be true, it just has to be sensational.

Consider this link. The headline claims the copilot committed Jihad yet the article includes no evidence at all. Just innuendos such as,
"It was said that Lubitz had a Muslim girlfriend" And then the damning evidence, there was a mosque in his parents town and he could have converted to Islam during his break. Then the writer said the police had found damming evidence but would not release it. Actually they did release it and it discredited the writers story. But who cares, it's not the evidence that's important, it's the accusation that's important.

"No matter how big the lie; repeat it often enough and the masses will regard it as truth.” John F. Kennedy

Last edited:
Apparently these planes are flown by computer and each pilot has an independent electronic system. You would think 8 minutes would be enough time to open the freaking door but time goes fast when you are fighting a computer that is determined to fly your plane into a mountain. It's also possible that the other pilot went crazy or passed out.
No thanks to the stupidity of the people who designed this shit the guy who is supposed to be in there couldn't open that door in an hour much less eight minutes.
Really?

You understand that the co-pilot locked him out correct? I also hope you understand why there is a damn good reason that those in the cabin cannot simply access the crew station at will.

The design is fine. There is nothing that you can do if the person controlling the plane wants to down it - simple as that. Bad shit happens. You try and prevent what you can but bad shit will still happen.

Really?

You understand that the co-pilot locked him out correct? I also hope you understand why there is a damn good reason that those in the cabin cannot simply access the crew station at will.

The design is fine. There is nothing that you can do if the person controlling the plane wants to down it - simple as that. Bad shit happens. You try and prevent what you can but bad shit will still happen.

I disagree that nothing can be done. I don't think that a co pilot should have the ability to down a plane like that. Think of it as the captain of the Enterprise having the sole authority to set the starship to self destruct. The plane's computers know what trajectories are fatal and can be programmed to deny a co pilot the exclusive authority to steer it into danger, or require that the captain's authorization must be given. I have no doubt that there will be some changes.

Really?

I disagree that nothing can be done. I don't think that a co pilot should have the ability to down a plane like that. Think of it as the captain of the Enterprise having the sole authority to set the starship to self destruct. The plane's computers know what trajectories are fatal and can be programmed to deny a co pilot the exclusive authority to steer it into danger, or require that the captain's authorization must be given. I have no doubt that there will be some changes.
They will make changes, yes, but they will not amount to anything. It is not much different than the changes they made in schools by locking doors because of sandy hook - changes that make the general public feel better but amount to jack shit if a crazy person wants to do damage.

All that co-pilot would have to have done is place that plane in a sharp decline while the pilot was in the john and the same thing would have happened, just faster. Or screw with the controls just before landing/takeoff. You will not see the computer remove control from the pilots though and that should never happen - computers make mistakes too and they are prone to errors. I would not fly on an aircraft that was capable of locking pilots out of the controls no matter how much they claim it only does so in 'emergencies.'

Really?

They will make changes, yes, but they will not amount to anything. It is not much different than the changes they made in schools by locking doors because of sandy hook - changes that make the general public feel better but amount to jack shit if a crazy person wants to do damage.

All that co-pilot would have to have done is place that plane in a sharp decline while the pilot was in the john and the same thing would have happened, just faster. Or screw with the controls just before landing/takeoff. You will not see the computer remove control from the pilots though and that should never happen - computers make mistakes too and they are prone to errors. I would not fly on an aircraft that was capable of locking pilots out of the controls no matter how much they claim it only does so in 'emergencies.'

But we're not talking about locking out pilots, we're talking about requiring authorization from both pilots before engaging in a dangerous trajectory. As much as we all fear Hal the Computer, a simple requirement of mutual concurrence might have prevented this event.

Really?

But we're not talking about locking out pilots, we're talking about requiring authorization from both pilots before engaging in a dangerous trajectory. As much as we all fear Hal the Computer, a simple requirement of mutual concurrence might have prevented this event.
I don't fear Hal - the reality is much simpler. A sensor becomes iced over and the computer suddenly thinks a straight dive is 'safe' while level flying is a fatal trajectory. You would be surprised how often sensors and the like transmit crap data. Pilots compensate - computers do not.

Perhaps. That might work as one pilot going unconscious and then the computer going nuts might be rare. So is this though. They will be saying the exact opposite when that occurs and people will be wondering why there is no backup for the co-pilot to take over when the pilot is incapacitated and the computer goes on the fritz.

Really?

Actually, they are going to be some changes. The US has had a rule for sometime requiring two people in the cockpit at all times. Europe has not, but that's going to change.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back