One Of The Wealthiest Men In America Says Rich Not Paying Their Fair Share

You have to pity the poor, pathetic, miserable wretches who worry about what other folks are paying in taxes....

Equality of outcomes for all Americanistas !!!!

No, you have to pity the poor, pathetic, jealous wretches who have nothing better to do with their life than to worry about how much money other people make.

Yup. Just because they never made millions they think those that due OWE it to everyone else to bankroll their lives for em.

We have plenty of freeloaders in this country who pay for nothing but take every opportunity to grab taxpayer dollars to live on.

Maybe Campass ought to address his concerns to the freeloaders.

Freeloaders who take every opportunity to support themselves with someone else's hard earned money. Freeloaders who contribute nothing but have no problem taking every dime they can get.

You have to pity the poor, pathetic, miserable wretches who worry about what other folks are paying in taxes....

Equality of outcomes for all Americanistas !!!!

No, you have to pity the poor, pathetic, jealous wretches who have nothing better to do with their life than to worry about how much money other people make.

Yup. Just because they never made millions they think those that due OWE it to everyone else to bankroll their lives for em.

We have plenty of freeloaders in this country who pay for nothing but take every opportunity to grab taxpayer dollars to live on.

Maybe Campass ought to address his concerns to the freeloaders.

Freeloaders who take every opportunity to support themselves with someone else's hard earned money. Freeloaders who contribute nothing but have no problem taking every dime they can get.

Absolutely, but you know how liberals are, they always stick up against the good people.

"Liberals believe that if you create money, you are not entitled to it, but if you want money, you are."
Ken Blackwell

I don't care what kind of house somebody else has, I don't care what kind of boat they have if they even have a boat, I don't care what kind of car they drive or how many they have. Why would I care? What business is it of mine?

LMAO.A truck driver who spends all his board time defending the ultra wealthy doesn't care what the rich have?

That is funny.

So why do you spend so much time defending the ultra wealthy?

If you don't care and all.

And when will the ultra rich be coming out to defend truck drivers?

Many Liberals (and I'm not talking about the rich elitists) think the 'rich' aren't paying their 'fair share'...but what they REALLY mean is 'the rich should be paying MORE than their fair share because they make a lot of money, we want it, and they can afford it.'

I'm not rich. I work heard. I don't buy that BS! If I WAS rich, worked hard, and made a lot of money I would pay my FAIR share but would be totally against the idea of having to pay more simply because I have more and some slack-ass who doesn't WANT to work wants a new cell phone and for someone to give him 'free shit'.

Everything has a price. Want something - work for it. Don't want it that bad? Then don't complain when you are given 'enough to survive' yet not all the 'bling' and 'fineries' that others who DO work have.

Many Liberals (and I'm not talking about the rich elitists) think the 'rich' aren't paying their 'fair share'...but what they REALLY mean is 'the rich should be paying MORE than their fair share because they make a lot of money, we want it, and they can afford it.'

What is the magic number for the ultra wealthy to pay?

If I made 50 million on Wall street and used the carried interest provision to pay 15% cap gains tax, did that person pay their "fair share".

Or did they game the system to a avoid paying income tax?.

And is your regular income taxed at 15%?

Buffet would be first in line to stop any action that significantly raises his taxes. Of COURSE he talks about raising the income tax, because most of his income isn't taxed as regular income. When he stops paying an army of tax accountants to lower his bill as much as possible, I'll believe he's serious about paying more taxes.

Here's a direct quote from Buffet:

"OUR leaders have asked for “shared sacrifice.” But when they did the asking, they spared me. I checked with my mega-rich friends to learn what pain they were expecting. They, too, were left untouched.

While the poor and middle class fight our wars and while most Americans struggle to make ends meet, we mega-rich continue to get our extraordinary tax breaks. Some of us are investment managers who earn billions from our daily labors but are allowed to classify our income as “carried interest,” thereby getting a bargain 15 percent tax rate. Others own stock index futures for 10 minutes and have 60 percent of their gain taxed at 15 percent, as if they’d been long-term investors.

These and other blessings are showered upon us by legislators in Washington who feel compelled to protect us, much as if we were spotted owls or some other endangered species. It’s nice to have friends in high places.

Last year my federal tax bill — the income tax I paid, as well as payroll taxes paid by me and on my behalf — was $6,938,744. That sounds like a lot of money. But what I paid was only 17.4 percent of my taxable income — and that’s actually a lower percentage than was paid by any of the other 20 people in our office. Their tax burdens ranged from 33 percent to 41 percent and averaged 36 percent."

We all know about Mitt Romney's taxes for 2011 because he had to declare it. He made $15,000,000 and paid 14% income tax. That really pissed me off because my wife and I combined earned less than $100,000 and paid almost exactly the same rate.

The key words in Buffet's quote was "taxable income" not all income. Why do you suppose he used the term taxable income?
You don't get to be extremely wealthy by being stupid. Buffet knows exactly what he's doing, and has the means to make his tax bill relatively miniscule no matter what he claims. If he thinks 17.4 percent is an outrage, why is he paying it and not more?

I'm not rich. I work heard. I don't buy that BS! If I WAS rich, worked hard, and made a lot of money I would pay my FAIR share but would be totally against the idea of having to pay more simply because I have more and some slack-ass who doesn't WANT to work wants a new cell phone and for someone to give him 'free shit'.

Everything has a price. Want something - work for it. Don't want it that bad? Then don't complain when you are given 'enough to survive' yet not all the 'bling' and 'fineries' that others who DO work have.
Whenever someone uses the term "fair share" and doesn't supply a number, they simply mean "more". Make them set a number, because otherwise no matter what rate someone has to pay, they will claim it's not a "fair share".

Its a fixed pie, if the wealthy earn more it comes out of the pockets of the poor.....Really ! Lol

LOL....you either can't or don't want to read. Look at what tax cuts for the rich have done to this country since 1979. I'm quick to point out that Bill Clinton raised taxes on their rich asses and look where the upper 1% line was headed before Bush's two tax cuts in 2001 and 2003:

earnings.jpg

Guess where the money came from to fund this insanity.....yep! foreign banks:

..............................................Total U S Debt................................................

Figures Easily Verified....Taken From the Bureau of the Debt

US: $18,775,084,981,440 - Debt as of December 2015?

09/30/2014 $17,824,071,380,733.82

09/30/2013 $16,738,183,526,697.32

09/30/2012 $16,066,241,407,385.89

09/30/2011 $14,790,340,328,557.15

09/30/2010 $13,561,623,030,891.79

09/30/2009 $11,909,829,003,511.75(80% Of All Debt Across 232 Years Borrowed By Reagan And Bushes)

09/30/2008 $10,024,724,896,912.49(Times Square Debt Clock Modified To Accommodate Tens of Trillions)

09/30/2007 $9,007,653,372,262.48

09/30/2006 $8,506,973,899,215.23

09/30/2005 $7,932,709,661,723.50

09/30/2004 $7,379,052,696,330.32

09/30/2003 $6,783,231,062,743.62(Second Bush Tax Cuts Enacted Using Reconciliation)

09/30/2002 $6,228,235,965,597.16

09/30/2001 $5,807,463,412,200.06(First Bush Tax Cuts Enacted Using Reconciliation)

09/30/2000 $5,674,178,209,886.86(Administration And Congress Arguing About How To Use Surplus)

09/30/1999 $5,656,270,901,615.43(First Surplus Generated...On Track To Pay Off Debt By 2012)

09/30/1998 $5,526,193,008,897.62

09/30/1997 $5,413,146,011,397.34

09/30/1996 $5,224,810,939,135.73

09/29/1995 $4,973,982,900,709.39

09/30/1994 $4,692,749,910,013.32 (Bill Clinton Raised Taxes On The Rich early 1993)

09/30/1993 $4,411,488,883,139.38 ( Debt Quadrupled By Reagan/Bush41)

09/30/1992 $4,064,620,655,521.66

09/30/1991 $3,665,303,351,697.03

09/28/1990 $3,233,313,451,777.25

09/29/1989 $2,857,430,960,187.32

09/30/1988 $2,602,337,712,041.16

09/30/1987 $2,350,276,890,953.00

09/30/1986 $2,125,302,616,658.42

09/30/1985 $1,823,103,000,000.00

09/30/1984 $1,572,266,000,000.00

09/30/1983 $1,377,210,000,000.00

09/30/1982 $1,142,034,000,000.00(Total Debt Passes $1 Trillion)(Reagan Slashed Tax Rates To Pre Depression Levels)

09/30/1981 $997,855,000,000.00

Last edited:
Buffet would be first in line to stop any action that significantly raises his taxes. Of COURSE he talks about raising the income tax, because most of his income isn't taxed as regular income. When he stops paying an army of tax accountants to lower his bill as much as possible, I'll believe he's serious about paying more taxes.

"OUR leaders have asked for “shared sacrifice.” But when they did the asking, they spared me. I checked with my mega-rich friends to learn what pain they were expecting. They, too, were left untouched.

While the poor and middle class fight our wars and while most Americans struggle to make ends meet, we mega-rich continue to get our extraordinary tax breaks. Some of us are investment managers who earn billions from our daily labors but are allowed to classify our income as “carried interest,” thereby getting a bargain 15 percent tax rate. Others own stock index futures for 10 minutes and have 60 percent of their gain taxed at 15 percent, as if they’d been long-term investors.

These and other blessings are showered upon us by legislators in Washington who feel compelled to protect us, much as if we were spotted owls or some other endangered species. It’s nice to have friends in high places.

Last year my federal tax bill — the income tax I paid, as well as payroll taxes paid by me and on my behalf — was $6,938,744. That sounds like a lot of money. But what I paid was only 17.4 percent of my taxable income — and that’s actually a lower percentage than was paid by any of the other 20 people in our office. Their tax burdens ranged from 33 percent to 41 percent and averaged 36 percent."
Right, and if Washington took steps to raise his total tax percentage to, say, 45%, he would be first in line to protest it, and hire more accountants to avoid it. Like I said, when he stops trying to keep every penny he can out of Uncle Sam's hands or pays more than he has to, I'll believe that he wants to pay more taxes.

So now you are a prophet and carry your personal crystal ball. Who gave you the keys to the future?

Because that is what Buffett is doing now.

Right, and if Washington took steps to raise his total tax percentage to, say, 45%, he would be first in line to protest it, and hire more accountants to avoid it. Like I said, when he stops trying to keep every penny he can out of Uncle Sam's hands or pays more than he has to, I'll believe that he wants to pay more taxes.

So now you are a prophet and carry your personal crystal ball. Who gave you the keys to the future?
I knew you were going to say that.

We all know about Mitt Romney's taxes for 2011 because he had to declare it. He made $15,000,000 and paid 14% income tax. That really pissed me off because my wife and I combined earned less than $100,000 and paid almost exactly the same rate.

The key words in Buffet's quote was "taxable income" not all income. Why do you suppose he used the term taxable income?
You don't get to be extremely wealthy by being stupid. Buffet knows exactly what he's doing, and has the means to make his tax bill relatively miniscule no matter what he claims. If he thinks 17.4 percent is an outrage, why is he paying it and not more?

None from the envious crowd has yet to answer the simple question posed.

Also tell me in what kind of business do you work where the boss goes around asking how much his employees paid in taxes? That's pretty intrusive and overbearing.

None from the envious crowd has yet to answer the simple question posed.

Also tell me in what kind of business do you work where the boss goes around asking how much his employees paid in taxes? That's pretty intrusive and overbearing.
What I find interesting is, in order for Buffet's secretary to pay that high a percentage of her income in taxes, she has to be getting paid more than 200 grand a year. That's a lot for a secretary. Minus more information, like a husband making a lot, it's easy to conclude that he's lying.

It's all math really.

If you make capital gains such as the stock market, you pay this 12%. 12% of lets say 500,000 is okay, but not going to make you the wealthiest person around.

But if you have billions to invest, you can invest it tax free, but you will not make as much percentage wise. After all, what is 2.5% tax free on one billion dollars?

Fair Share is a term that only liberals think they can define. If your idea of a fair share is different than theirs, you are wrong, because again, only a liberal can tell you what a fair share is; you can't. You're not a liberal.

"What is YOUR fair share of what somebody else has worked for?"
Thomas Sowell

Forum List

Back