One Of The Wealthiest Men In America Says Rich Not Paying Their Fair Share

Just exactly WHAT is "fair share"?

What percent of income paid as tax would be FAIR?

I am beginning to think that those who want the rich pay their FAIR share really want the rich to be no more able to keep more of their income than those who earn the national average income. With added penalty for being "rich".

Will this be FAIR to apply to politicians? University professors? Union Bosses?

Or only to those rich who create jobs?

The dummies don't seem to realize that the rich pay upwards of 60% of all Fed taxes paid.

Then you have that 47 percent or better who pay no Fed taxes at all.

Guess who would be paying the taxes the rich pay?? It certainly wouldn't be the 47%.

Fair share my ass.

Then you have that 47 percent or better who pay no Fed taxes at all.

You know why they pay no income taxes?

Cause they qualify for that EITC.

You know who brought us the EITC?
Ford. And Reagan GREATLY expanded that program.

Blame a republican you don't like that low wage earners pay no federal income.tax.

The dummies doesn't seem to realize that the rich pay upwards of 60% of all Fed taxes paid.

They control most of the wealth and have had most of the income gains for.several years.

So what is the correct percentage the ultra wealthy should be paying?

The dummies doesn't seem to realize that the rich pay upwards of 60% of all Fed taxes paid.

They control most of the wealth and have had most of the income gains for.several years.

So what is the correct percentage the ultra wealthy should be paying?

One Helluva Lot More Than They Do:

average_income_and_change_in_share_of_income.jpg

Buffet would be first in line to stop any action that significantly raises his taxes. Of COURSE he talks about raising the income tax, because most of his income isn't taxed as regular income. When he stops paying an army of tax accountants to lower his bill as much as possible, I'll believe he's serious about paying more taxes.

Buffet would be first in line to stop any action that significantly raises his taxes. Of COURSE he talks about raising the income tax, because most of his income isn't taxed as regular income. When he stops paying an army of tax accountants to lower his bill as much as possible, I'll believe he's serious about paying more taxes.

Here's a direct quote from Buffet:

"OUR leaders have asked for “shared sacrifice.” But when they did the asking, they spared me. I checked with my mega-rich friends to learn what pain they were expecting. They, too, were left untouched.

While the poor and middle class fight our wars and while most Americans struggle to make ends meet, we mega-rich continue to get our extraordinary tax breaks. Some of us are investment managers who earn billions from our daily labors but are allowed to classify our income as “carried interest,” thereby getting a bargain 15 percent tax rate. Others own stock index futures for 10 minutes and have 60 percent of their gain taxed at 15 percent, as if they’d been long-term investors.

These and other blessings are showered upon us by legislators in Washington who feel compelled to protect us, much as if we were spotted owls or some other endangered species. It’s nice to have friends in high places.

Last year my federal tax bill — the income tax I paid, as well as payroll taxes paid by me and on my behalf — was $6,938,744. That sounds like a lot of money. But what I paid was only 17.4 percent of my taxable income — and that’s actually a lower percentage than was paid by any of the other 20 people in our office. Their tax burdens ranged from 33 percent to 41 percent and averaged 36 percent."

We all know about Mitt Romney's taxes for 2011 because he had to declare it. He made $15,000,000 and paid 14% income tax. That really pissed me off because my wife and I combined earned less than $100,000 and paid almost exactly the same rate.

Last edited:

"OUR leaders have asked for “shared sacrifice.” But when they did the asking, they spared me. I checked with my mega-rich friends to learn what pain they were expecting. They, too, were left untouched.

While the poor and middle class fight our wars and while most Americans struggle to make ends meet, we mega-rich continue to get our extraordinary tax breaks. Some of us are investment managers who earn billions from our daily labors but are allowed to classify our income as “carried interest,” thereby getting a bargain 15 percent tax rate. Others own stock index futures for 10 minutes and have 60 percent of their gain taxed at 15 percent, as if they’d been long-term investors.

These and other blessings are showered upon us by legislators in Washington who feel compelled to protect us, much as if we were spotted owls or some other endangered species. It’s nice to have friends in high places.

Last year my federal tax bill — the income tax I paid, as well as payroll taxes paid by me and on my behalf — was $6,938,744. That sounds like a lot of money. But what I paid was only 17.4 percent of my taxable income — and that’s actually a lower percentage than was paid by any of the other 20 people in our office. Their tax burdens ranged from 33 percent to 41 percent and averaged 36 percent."
Right, and if Washington took steps to raise his total tax percentage to, say, 45%, he would be first in line to protest it, and hire more accountants to avoid it. Like I said, when he stops trying to keep every penny he can out of Uncle Sam's hands or pays more than he has to, I'll believe that he wants to pay more taxes.

Why should he care what they want??

If it bothers him that much he can donate his money to the Govt. They would take it. No problem.

We all know about Mitt Romney's taxes for 2011 because he had to declare it. He made $15,000,000 and paid 14% income tax. That really pissed me off because my wife and I combined earned less than $100,000 and paid almost exactly the same rate.

The key words in Buffet's quote was "taxable income" not all income. Why do you suppose he used the term taxable income?

Right, and if Washington took steps to raise his total tax percentage to, say, 45%, he would be first in line to protest it, and hire more accountants to avoid it. Like I said, when he stops trying to keep every penny he can out of Uncle Sam's hands or pays more than he has to, I'll believe that he wants to pay more taxes.

So now you are a prophet and carry your personal crystal ball. Who gave you the keys to the future?

You have to pity the poor, pathetic, miserable wretches who worry about what other folks are paying in taxes....

Equality of outcomes for all Americanistas !!!!

Why should he care what they want??

If it bothers him that much he can donate his money to the Govt. They would take it. No problem.

The free loaders who sit back and wipe out top profits always have some kind of made up answers. The fact is that the rich continue to make out like bandits while everybody else sucks wind. Reagan and his "Trickle Down Economics" was the biggest goddam farce every pulled on what used to be the middle class of America. A day of reckoning is on the horizon. I'm an old man so I won't live to see it but just wait....it will happen.

6a00d83451c45669e201675ecf1529970b-550wi

Intereset8ng talk from a guy who shells out millions to CPA's & attorney's to avoid taxes.

You have to pity the poor, pathetic, miserable wretches who worry about what other folks are paying in taxes....

No, you have to pity the poor, pathetic, jealous wretches who have nothing better to do with their life than to worry about how much money other people make.

No, you have to pity the poor, pathetic, jealous wretches who have nothing better to do with their life than to worry about how much money other people make.

If you think this isn't something to worry about you're part of the conspiracy to create a Lord/Serf society in the United States:

averagehouseholdincome1.jpg

If you think this isn't something to worry about you're part of the conspiracy to create a Lord/Serf society in the United States:

averagehouseholdincome1.jpg

So why would I care? If they made twice that much, it doesn't affect my life one iota.

I don't care what kind of house somebody else has, I don't care what kind of boat they have if they even have a boat, I don't care what kind of car they drive or how many they have. Why would I care? What business is it of mine?

Its a fixed pie, if the wealthy earn more it comes out of the pockets of the poor.....Really ! Lol

That's exactly what the left believes.

If they don't have enough money, it's not their fault they decided on a career in french fry making. They are not making enough because the rich guy has all the money.

Forum List

Back