One of the Most Naive Statements Ever

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
So I'm having a conversation the other day with a group of people. Where really doesn't matter but you can guess. We're discussing guns and whether people should even own them. Obviously, I take the stance that there should be some regulations obviously such as background checks, waiting periods, etc.

However, the other side was more extreme to say the least. And then someone said one of the most naive if not one of the more ignorant statements that I've EVER heard.

"Guns should be in the hands of only authority figures."

At that point, I was sort of stunned though I shouldn't of been. I sat there, hearing a slight sound that would of been the founding fathers rolling in their graves if they had any sort of body left.

And that wasn't even the most shocking thing. It was the fact that plenty in the group agreed with her. I tried to make the common sense arguments about why people should have guns. And then some people actually thought that it was wrong to shoot someone if they try to rob you or whichever. I sat there stunned once again.

I pretty much chalked it up to not being in any sort of situation where you feel guns are necessary. Sheltered sort of living, etc. I felt the need to share this story because I want your opinion on it USMB.

That, and is my thinking correct about people being totally against guns since they have not been out in the real world?

So I'm having a conversation the other day with a group of people. Where really doesn't matter but you can guess. We're discussing guns and whether people should even own them. Obviously, I take the stance that there should be some regulations obviously such as background checks, waiting periods, etc.

However, the other side was more extreme to say the least. And then someone said one of the most naive if not one of the more ignorant statements that I've EVER heard.

At that point, I was sort of stunned though I shouldn't of been. I sat there, hearing a slight sound that would of been the founding fathers rolling in their graves if they had any sort of body left.

And that wasn't even the most shocking thing. It was the fact that plenty in the group agreed with her. I tried to make the common sense arguments about why people should have guns. And then some people actually thought that it was wrong to shoot someone if they try to rob you or whichever. I sat there stunned once again.

I pretty much chalked it up to not being in any sort of situation where you feel guns are necessary. Sheltered sort of living, etc. I felt the need to share this story because I want your opinion on it USMB.

That, and is my thinking correct about people being totally against guns since they have not been out in the real world?

People without their own guns, I wager. Did you back away slowly?

People without their own guns, I wager. Did you back away slowly?

It was the complete disregard for people's rights and the Constitution that bothered me more than anything.

Did they call you a neocon?:lol:

Some people are that extreme dogbert. I am a big supporter of the 2nd ammendment as a protection from criminals/government and am probably close to the opposite extreme of the person who said "authorities only".

To me I think anyone who does not have a violent criminal record should be able to purchase mostly any guns or ammunition they choose. I dont have a problem with some kind of liscensing or training to own a gun, as long as its not made to be a financial burden on citizens or made to be so difficult it discourages gun ownership.

I do agree with your opionion so i agree with your thinking about those people. I also agree with the basic premise that gun ownership discourages crime Interview with John Lott, author of More Guns, Less Crime

Last edited:
Ahhh, Libruls. Bless their pointy little heads. They're so well trained.

I'm a Liberal, so your point is moot.

You're older and not as well trained.

We get them really young now and teach them NOTHING ABSOLUTELYFUCKING NOTHING about American history, so we get one that say "only authority figures should have guns"

It brings a tear to Alinsky, Mao and Stalin's eye to see how much damage they've inflicted on American civilization.

Here in Colorado, it's not a good thing to attack anyone or break into anyone's home, hell most of us own at least one gun and sometimes more. We also have a make my day law, that if you are breaking into someone's home, they can shoot and kill you and be charged with nothing, it's considered self defense. We have many who carry concealed weapons, we have concealed weapons permits, many women are packing out here. One elderly woman shot a rapist 3 times when he was trying to break into her home, she's still a heroin out here. It depends on where you live, what the attitude is and how liberal your state is. Many police that I know want women to pack guns, they want them licenced to carry concealed weapons, there reasoning is, " they can't be everywhere all the time, and women need to be able to protect themselves. I joined the NRA and am a licensed packer.

Last edited:

Put up a sign like this,

Attachments

• $No Guns2.gif
    $No Guns2.gif
    161.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007
That is an ignorant statement...... I say we line them up against a wall., offer them a cigarette and a blindfold, get someone to play a snare drum.........

then go home.

Alexander the Great (to his freinds known as Alexander the Grape) had this figured out.

Like it or not, guns will always go "to the strongest."

Even though he did not have guns, he was one smart drunk.

Sounds to me like a full case of liberal school indoctrination.

I wonder if those you talked to also knew the words to the obama, mm, mm, mmm song?

I'd argue the "cooling off" period any day of the week. But to have people think that it's wrong to shoot an aggressive and potentially bodily violent criminal?

Un -be-fuckin'-lievable!

I'd argue the "cooling off" period any day of the week. But to have people think that it's wrong to shoot an aggressive and potentially bodily violent criminal?

Un -be-fuckin'-lievable!

It will be a fucking cold day in a cooling off period when I think before I shoot.

Next thing you will demand all gun activity be conducted sober!

Forum List

Back