One of the 1st Twitter Fact Checks on the Administration: No, it was not 55 corporations, only 14

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022

bidum said 55 companies making over 1 billion would be taxed 15% to take care of the loophole problem.. companies doing fancy tax work to avoid taxes. Hey, anyone would if he could.. avoid taxes..

But there are only 14 companies, not 55 that will be forced to pay this tax

Liar Lies!

yawn... :bigbed:

plot-twist.gif

bidum said 55 companies making over 1 billion would be taxed 15% to take care of the loophole problem.. companies doing fancy tax work to avoid taxes. Hey, anyone would if he could.. avoid taxes..

But there are only 14 companies, not 55 that will be forced to pay this tax

Liar Lies!

yawn... :bigbed:
let me see if I can figure a way to avoid this tax legally,,,

hey I know,,
all have to do is break my company down to smaller ones that make less than a billion each yr,,

problem solved,,,

There is a basic principle that most American citizens are unaware of, along with an inconvenient fact. First, Corporations tailor their activities to avoid taxes, so when the tax laws change the corporations will make different decisions in reaction to those changed laws. Second, the profits and losses are calculated DIFFERENTLY for the shareholders (and the public), and the IRS. To look at the shareholders' reports and presume that those profits will be taxed is just silly. It is not unusual at all for corporations to show their shareholders a large profit and pay no taxes. All perfectly legal.

• Banned
let me see if I can figure a way to avoid this tax legally,,,

hey I know,,
all have to do is break my company down to smaller ones that make less than a billion each yr,,

problem solved,,,
why didn't I htink of that?

oh, that's right.. running a business is not my forte'

except I kind of do run a business.. but I won't go into the details.

Anyway, who in his right mind would pay taxes to the wacko gummit if he didn't have to?

• Banned
There is a basic principle that most American citizens are unaware of, along with an inconvenient fact. First, Corporations tailor their activities to avoid taxes, so when the tax laws change the corporations will make different decisions in reaction to those changed laws. Second, the profits and losses are calculated DIFFERENTLY for the shareholders (and the public), and the IRS. To look at the shareholders' reports and presume that those profits will be taxed is just silly. It is not unusual at all for corporations to show their shareholders a large profit and pay no taxes. All perfectly legal.
explain last sentence, otay?

why didn't I htink of that?

oh, that's right.. running a business is not my forte'

except I kind of do run a business.. but I won't go into the details.

Anyway, who in his right mind would pay taxes to the wacko gummit if he didn't have to?
its every americans god given right and duty to pay as little taxs as possible to the government,,,

Forum List

Back