One of my poachers is finally in jail!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mini 14, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Mini 14

Mini 14 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +570
    I would love to take credit for this, but it was my neighbor (though I will remember it in the future):

Seems my neighbor, who is a RABID turkey hunter, was walking into the woods to hunt along our property line (he and I have an agreement that he can hunt turkey on my land, and I hunt deer/coyote on his....I'm not a big turkey guy, he doesn't care about deer). He heard someone calling turkey right along the line, so he looped around and came upon their truck about 300 yards away from where they were hunting. Here are the steps he took:

1. Slashed 1 truck tire, and the spare.
    2. Went back to his truck, got an AR-15
    3. Back into the woods, 100 yards away from poachers.
    4. Waited
    5. As poachers were calling up more turkeys (they had already shot more than their limit), drops 4 with AR from distance.
    6. Stands up, and calls out that if they follow him out of the woods, he will shoot them as well. (they, obviously, had only shotguns).
    7. Heads back toward his truck, calling the Warden (a personal friend of ours) to come and get the poachers.
    8. When Warden arrives, explains that he saw another truck leaving earlier, with 4-5 birds in the bed.
    9. Leads Warden to truck.
    10 Warden impounds truck, issues warrants for owner for taking turkey with rifle and electronic call, as well as trespassing and poaching with premeditation.

3 are sitting in jail this morning, trying to make $175,000 bond, and the State of Alabama is now the proud owner of a new Ford truck, an electronic predator call, and several new firearms :)

I love my neighbor.....and I will NEVER piss him off :)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    good work....i hate poachers.....i have given two people permission to hunt on my land....both are well grown now and have kids....they were 14 or so when they ask permission...

i catch people on my land all the time...normally just a 'get the fuck off my land' does it....i dont care about hikers and such....but armed people had best stop and ask...

3. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,492
    It takes ovaries to walk up to someone holding a gun and tell them to get the fuck off my land.

4. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    lol not when you are armed too....i assure you....i dont head out in the woods without a rifle...but i am normally outmatched....but they know they are wrong..they should ask ...simple as that...

we dont have the trouble yall have up north....i dont think most hunters are gonna go from simply trespass to murder that fast

5. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,492
    Then your ovaries are smaller than I thought.

6. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    my ovaries are most likely dead

i just went and trespassed on the neighbors land

7. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
    what does that mean?

8. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    they killed 4 turkeys with a high powered rifle

9. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,725
    Good job mimi 14. I catch assholes on my farm all the time - hunting without permission, looking for mushrooms, searching for deer sheds and just generally fucking around. It just pisses me off to no end. One butt head even had a well-constructed tree stand on the property and was sitting in it deer hunting. I usually get myself 3 or 4 new tree stands every year during hunting season. When I find them, if there is nobody sitting in them, I take them down and haul them up to the barn. Oddly enough, in 18 years nobody has ever come to me asking for their deer stand back. I wouldn't give it back to them but if they came and asked for it back I would allow the game warden (conservation police is what they call them in Illi noise) to give it back to them if they were kind enough to wait until he got there. I have no patience with tresspassers. And yes, when I go for my strolls into the woods here I always am armed. Never know when you are going to run up on a thunder monkey or a damned Democrat.

10. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    i dont mind hikers....they are just passing thru....