One More Reason To Hate Chuck Schumer

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
700_1338552816.jpg

This guy is such an immense jerk.

The city of Houston has been petitioning for government to allow them to display one of the remaining Space Shuttles in one of the places where space travel was made famous. Instead Houston gets a fake shuttle to display. One made out of wood. What an insult. I'm sure Truthmatters, Sallow, rdean, edithcynic, and rest of the usual suspects will say that this Texas town can cram it.

Makes a body want to really vote Democrat this November, doesn't it????

In this "In Your Face Video" Chuck Schumer essentially tells Houston everything but "shove it up your ass. "

Schumer to Texas: Don't mess with N.Y. - YouTube!

Former astronaut Jerry Ross called it a slap in the face.

"Being one of the two prime centers for the shuttle program I think its very frustrating we didn't get a vehicle here, but we've got to press on and deal with what we've been dealt," says Ross.

Read more: HOUSTON GETS FAKE SHUTTLE - KTRH NewsRadio 740 Houston News, Weather, Traffic

HOUSTON GETS FAKE SHUTTLE - KTRH NewsRadio 740 Houston News, Weather, Traffic

Last edited:
Why does the Shuttle belong in New York?

Somebody explain that to me?

Is that where many of the astronauts are from? Is that where it landed several times? Is that where it was built?

What gives this guy the right to say "New York is where the Space Shuttle belongs."

I was born and raised on and off in Pasadena, TX -- a suburb of Houston. I do agree that Houston deserves an actual space shuttle to display. NASA was a part of that city. The line was, "Houston, we have a problem", not, "NY, we have a problem". However, the decision was NASA's, not Schumer's. He didn't have to be such an asshole about it, but it wasn't his decision.

I was born and raised on and off in Pasadena, TX -- a suburb of Houston. I do agree that Houston deserves an actual space shuttle to display. NASA was a part of that city. The line was, "Houston, we have a problem", not, "NY, we have a problem". However, the decision was NASA's, not Schumer's. He didn't have to be such an asshole about it, but it wasn't his decision.

He sure sounded like it was........and anyone who knows politics knows that some congressional members have more say in what happens than others.

Btw, who are the Senators from Texas?

Kay Bailey Hutchison?

John Cornyn?

Both Republicans. Texas has pissed off Obama more than once. I think this is pay-back.

Last edited:

mud jumped to blame Shumer of course for a NASA decision. NASA placed the shuttles in area where the largest numbers of Americans could see them; this was done a YEAR ago, and explained in this article:

One NASA veteran said Houston had it coming. Wayne Hale, who was flight director for 40 shuttle flights and became the Shuttle Program Manager at NASA before his retirement, said his city had become "blase" about the shuttles.

"No disrespect to those who spearheaded the effort to bring the shuttle here, but the response was lackluster," he wrote in his blog. "The local politicians gave lip service, some weak letters to the NASA administrator and little else."

Space Shuttle to Museums: Houston Snubbed, New York, Los Angeles, Washington and Florida Get Enterprise, Discovery, Atlantis and Endeavour - ABC News

What more reason do you need to hate Chuckie Schumer (D-NY), former friend and 'GodFather' to stock market Ponzi Schemer Extraordinaire Bernie Madoff, who also happens to have a fondness for young men and boys?

mud jumped to blame Shumer of course for a NASA decision. NASA placed the shuttles in area where the largest numbers of Americans could see them; this was done a YEAR ago, and explained in this article:

One NASA veteran said Houston had it coming. Wayne Hale, who was flight director for 40 shuttle flights and became the Shuttle Program Manager at NASA before his retirement, said his city had become "blase" about the shuttles.

"No disrespect to those who spearheaded the effort to bring the shuttle here, but the response was lackluster," he wrote in his blog. "The local politicians gave lip service, some weak letters to the NASA administrator and little else."

Space Shuttle to Museums: Houston Snubbed, New York, Los Angeles, Washington and Florida Get Enterprise, Discovery, Atlantis and Endeavour - ABC News

I'm sure that ABC will say that. So will MSNBC, CNN, NBC, and CBS.

If it becomes an issue they'll claim that everyone involved wasn't all that interested. However I just got through reading a story that says otherwise, and just posted a video of UpChuck Schumer talking smack about it like it's his issue.....so that kind of puts the Kabosh on that line of thinking.

muddy doesn't need an excuse to hate any dem who actually has power.

the shuttle is awesome, btw... my son and husband just saw it at JFK

Why does the Shuttle belong in New York?

Somebody explain that to me?

Is that where many of the astronauts are from? Is that where it landed several times? Is that where it was built?

What gives this guy the right to say "New York is where the Space Shuttle belongs."

It doesn't. The Shuttle has much business being in NYC as Barry Soetoro has to be squatting in the People's House.

If it becomes an issue they'll claim that everyone involved wasn't all that interested. However I just got through reading a story that says otherwise, and just posted a video of UpChuck Schumer talking smack about it like it's his issue.....so that kind of puts the Kabosh on that line of thinking.

Jay Townsend is more to your liking I guess, he suggests throwing acid on democratic members of Congress who are female:

Republican spokesman:

Schumer is an asshole by nature, so he can't help it, but as pointed out, this was NASA's decision. Schmuck pretty much had nothing to do with it.

I don't need an excuse to hate assholes.....not Dems.

I saw one of the Shuttles here at Ft Campbell last year. It's big. They wouldn't let us go in it because it was still on the back of a specially fitted 747.

However, I would think that they would let Houston have one. I can see the obvious reasons why they didn't. This is an example of why I have issues with folks on the left. They seem to feel that their loyal opposition (GOP), Fox News, The Tea Party, or what they call "Flyover States" are a worse enemy than the Taliban, Russia, China, Iran, or Al Qaeda.

Last edited:

I don't need and excuse to hate assholes.....not Dems.

I saw one of them here at Ft Campbell last year. It's big. They wouldn't let us go in it because it was still on the back of a specially fitted 747.

However, I would think that they would let Houston have one. I can see the obvious reasons why they didn't. This is an example of why I have issues with folks on the left. They seem to feel that their loyal opposition (GOP), Fox News, The Tea Party, or what they call "Flyover States" are a worse enemy than the Taliban, Russia, China, Iran, or Al Qaeda.

chuck has his flaws. but right now, i like anyone who can keep the rightwingnuts at bay.

problem, muddy, is that you think any dem with power is an asshole.

and you think the rest of us are stupid or lazy. go figure.

i have voted GOP locally. i will never do so again federally until your party ejects its loons.

i think you have it wrong, hon... it's the right who thinks dems, MSNBC and the big bad city slickers are THEIR enemy.

Houston's shuttle blew up, remember. They should have been more careful with it.

Jay Townsend is more to your liking I guess, he suggests throwing acid on democratic members of Congress who are female:

Republican spokesman:

Excuse me???

Was that necessary????

Forum List

Back